Gazehound's Art

Gazehound

adventureland enthusiast
Hi there! With drawing being my main skill/hobby, I enjoy sharing my art with people. Here are a few past works of mine:

Thanks for looking! I'm always up for chatting with other artists.

Jinx

You Owe Me A Soda! :D
Wow, I am really impressed with your artwork, you have a very unique style c:
I love to draw myself and hope to do something with it one day :)

Gazehound

adventureland enthusiast
Thanks so much! <3 What are you hoping to do with your art? I wanted to be an animator, but I had more luck getting into colleges for illustration, so I'm thinking I'll go that route (although I couldn't afford any of those colleges this year).

Jinx

You Owe Me A Soda! :D
No Problem c: That sounds great, I would like to become an Illustrator myself, possibly work on children's books, but I am not entirely sure where I want to go with it. And I know, some of the art colleges near me are pretty expensive, however the community college I am in now has some great art programs :)

Gazehound

adventureland enthusiast
mangoparade - hehe, that's so sweet, thank you <3

Aka - thanks! Most of the pieces here are watercolor and pen, and I also have a lot of fun working with a big ol' pack of Crayola crayons. Almost all of the art I do lately is digital, drawn in Paint Tool SAI, and are commissions that are a little more simple, clean, and cartoony than art I would make for myself.
My inspiration comes mainly from the beauty of animal anatomy, from the music I listen to, and from feeling strongly negative emotions. Artists like Edward Gorey and Theophile Steinlen inspire me a lot, as do specific styles of art, such as 1800's children's book illustrations and 1950's book cover illustrations.

WOW DUDE these are hella nice. loving how emphasized the value is on the 5th one. I also draw and also aiming to get into the field of animation. I'm still trying to fix up a portfolio and demo reel tho.

chloeandre

Constistently thankful
Amazing! Your mark-making draws me in more than anything. They're so interesting, keep it up!