Government

First off, can I say that you should have pulled an article from an unbiased source and a non-opinion piece to begin with?

And I will start off this debate by saying that this is just an angry fat cat that sees benefits in exploiting workers. If you'd like to take a look at a government that has minimized the amount of worker regulation they have then let's look at a country like China, and you can explain to me how well that is working out for them.

Whispered

First off, can I say that you should have pulled an article from an unbiased source and a non-opinion piece to begin with?

And I will start off this debate by saying that this is just an angry fat cat that sees benefits in exploiting workers. If you'd like to take a look at a government that has minimized the amount of worker regulation they have then let's look at a country like China, and you can explain to me how well that is working out for them.
I was looking at the facts, not at the opinion. If you want to debate the opinion, I'm fine with that, but I was especially interested in seeing reaction to the facts in the article (such as unemployment rate, taxes, etc.)

China has tons of regulation? They tell you when to work? Where you can work? Who can have kids, go to school, move? Their government owns the industries there for the most part, that's not really "minimal regulation".

I was looking at the facts, not at the opinion. If you want to debate the opinion, I'm fine with that, but I was especially interested in seeing reaction to the facts in the article (such as unemployment rate, taxes, etc.)

China has tons of regulation? They tell you when to work? Where you can work? Who can have kids, go to school, move? Their government owns the industries there for the most part, that's not really "minimal regulation".
Okay well anyone can pull biased facts in their own direction.

I think this map is interesting because it shows that more people in Texas are living in poverty.

Also the fact about the income rise is false, but the other two are true (from my fact checking anyway). Both states have got the same .3% income rise (which essentially accounts for inflation) and California still has a wage greater than $9,000. TX CA. It is important to note however that I didn't look at what the livable wage is in both states and how that compares to the salary, which is a large part of the debate. I have seen studies that show that CA and TX are both some of the happiest states to live in though.

I think the important part of this to remember is I have no idea on other states that have high or low job regulation and to use two states is not effective. Upon trying to look up states to bring into the debate I only found biased opinion articles such as the one above.