Has MyVMK been super laggy for anybody else?

Just recently (as in, since the last update like 3-4 days ago), the game has been SO SLOW for me. I'm talking it takes a good five minutes for my own room to load (which has nothing in it...). Logging in is a struggle as well, since most times it'll get stuck on the MyVMK ornament screen and the little loading bar will just vanish and I'll have to re-log in. Trying to change clothes takes over ten minutes just to load the screen, and I just recently had a trade that took us a good 30 minutes simply because her stuff would not load. Also, if I'm in a room with over five people, forget it - we all just have floating heads and can barely spew out a sentence without it taking five minutes to type it in the bar. I know I'm not the only one that had this issue simply because I've discussed this with dozens of people. Especially during HOST events. Dear God, I'll click to join the room right on time, and then the entire site will crash and BOOM, I'm 280 in line and there's another shrub added to my collection. Since I know this problem is occurring with everyone lately, I'm really just looking for an explanation. Does anybody know why this is happening?