I can't access the game on Chrome at all.

Jasmine

Ever since the game went down earlier, I can't access the website (or even this forum) without getting this message at least once:

"Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to beta.myvmk.com"

I usually only get it when the site is actually down, but since I know it's not, I don't understand why it won't go away... I've flushed my DNS cache three times, I restarted my computer (because the game froze and then I got disconnected -- this was on Firefox), and cleared my cache and cookies, but I still get this message.

Any suggestions? :)

chloeandre

Constistently thankful
I've had problems with that on Safari, so I switched to Firefox and everything works fine.

Jasmine

Firefox isn't an option for me. I try to use it, but it lags very badly, loads slowly, and I can't see the full game screen. :(

Jasmine

It didn't load in IE either.
I got in on Firefox (finally), but apparently, this is a problem that only affects those of us with AT&T as a provider...

MamaNutty

Spivey did this issue just start for your today?
I really don't want to download another browser since I never had issue wirh IE in the past.
But if that's only option, then might have to

Jasmine

Still having this problem on Chrome... It's very strange, I'd hoped it'd be gone by today...

MamaNutty

Don't worry Jazz , I can't get on either since yesterday!
Kevin says everything is fine on his end. I am hoping its bc AT&T is working so sporadically! Only thing I find odd is that I am able to get onto all other site without any issues, except the game & here.

Jasmine

Actually, I can get in on Firefox (so did Alexia yesterday), just not Chrome.

I don't think it's AT&T anymore... I got a 502 Gateway Error when trying to access the site on Chrome on my iPhone (I was testing to see if it was just my computer, then I tested my wifi, and then I tried it using just my 4G connection), so it has to be something on their end. =/

And yes, the fact that I also can access any other site fine is another reason I believe it's a problem on their end.

Jasmine

Must be all browsers then except Firefox. Bc even on my iphone& ipod this forum loads sporadically.but only this site!
Yes, I noticed that.
I didn't try the forum, but I did try the site on both Chrome and Safari...

Safari:
- The site loaded the first time I tried to access it, but whenever I tried to do anything else on the site (such as logging out), it required me to close the tab and then open up another one. I had to repeat this until I gave up.

Chrome:
"502 Bad Gateway - Response Erorr, a bad response was received from another proxy server or the destination origin server."
I either get that, or it just tries to load, but I only get a white screen, and I end up with the "This webpage is not available" message.

I'm fine with using Firefox for now, but I do hope this is fixed eventually xD.

cyre

It didn't load in IE either.
I got in on Firefox (finally), but apparently, this is a problem that only affects those of us with AT&T as a provider...
Yes, I noticed that.
I didn't try the forum, but I did try the site on both Chrome and Safari...

Safari:
- The site loaded the first time I tried to access it, but whenever I tried to do anything else on the site (such as logging out), it required me to close the tab and then open up another one. I had to repeat this until I gave up.

Chrome:
"502 Bad Gateway - Response Erorr, a bad response was received from another proxy server or the destination origin server."
I either get that, or it just tries to load, but I only get a white screen, and I end up with the "This webpage is not available" message.

I'm fine with using Firefox for now, but I do hope this is fixed eventually xD.

I had problems with DNS back when I had ATT DSL... is that what you have? Something to try (which you can easily undo if it doesn't work for you) is go here - https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/ and reconfigure your DNS.

Some info about '502 Bad Gateway' error - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/502error.htm

In addition, the fact you say you have issues with all other browsers really points back to something with your isp and how it communicates with the game.

Jasmine

I had problems with DNS back when I had ATT DSL... is that what you have? Something to try (which you can easily undo if it doesn't work for you) is go here - https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/ and reconfigure your DNS.

Some info about '502 Bad Gateway' error - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/502error.htm
Yep! I've flushed my DNS cache multiple times (cleared my cache and cookies too), and it doesn't help...so I'll try that. I still don't think it's AT&T though, because some others without it have complained about the same problem.

And yeah, I know about the 502 error. That's why I believe the problem may be on their end xD.
"While the 502 Bad Gateway error is usually indicating a networking error outside of your control, it could be extremely temporary. Trying the page again will often be successful."

Thanks! :D

EDIT: No, I'm only having this problem on Chrome. Possibly IE too, but I don't use that anyway. I can get in on Firefox just fine. (The Safari and Chrome thing had to do with my iPhone. I was testing to see if the problem was either Chrome --- like if I should reinstall it or not, my internet/AT&T, and even tried using a 4G connection, etc...)

cyre

you're welcome... chrome could be an extension not playing nicely... it says to try running it in safe mode to see if you get a difference