Improved MyVMK website mockup

John

We all know the parent site needs and update, so I made a more modern version of the website.
I think in the next few days a flow of ideas will come to me, but these are 2 possibilities that I came up with, as starting points at the least. I'm not 100 set on the colors especially, they need some help.

Features:
-Parallax Scrolling of the top image
-Rotating images (allows for the photos to be changed seasonally without having to redesign the entire site)

Thanks for looking

Baka

I'm going to apologize in advance, but I'm going to critique this. This doesn't mean it's bad, it just has room for improvement.

The UI/Design of this theme isn't all that bad, but I just don't see a flat UI fitting with the "VMK" theme. Maybe rounding out the corners of your divs would help with the flow of the design.

The font is entirely too large. Especially your "Feature" text and the "Play Now". It really takes the eye away from the important aspects of the page.

I actually love the navbar from the first image, but the spacing on the second image is much better. It seems much more balanced.

Your logo concept is good! For those who have played VMK in the past, it's very clear the message is "My VMK", but to someone who may not have played the game as much, or not at all, the message is a bit lost.

As for the background image, take a look at http://www.vmkrevisited.com/. It may give you a good idea as to how to manage all that space without distracting from the content.

Keep up the good work!

John

I'm going to apologize in advance, but I'm going to critique this. This doesn't mean it's bad, it just has room for improvement.

The UI/Design of this theme isn't all that bad, but I just don't see a flat UI fitting with the "VMK" theme. Maybe rounding out the corners of your divs would help with the flow of the design.

The font is entirely too large. Especially your "Feature" text and the "Play Now". It really takes the eye away from the important aspects of the page.

I actually love the navbar from the first image, but the spacing on the second image is much better. It seems much more balanced.

Your logo concept is good! For those who have played VMK in the past, it's very clear the message is "My VMK", but to someone who may not have played the game as much, or not at all, the message is a bit lost.

As for the background image, take a look at http://www.vmkrevisited.com/. It may give you a good idea as to how to manage all that space without distracting from the content.

Keep up the good work!
Thank you for an actually helpful critique :)

Kay.D

sorry guys.
it's alright, there's nothing special about it though. it looks like a background with square shapes and white text. i would make it look nicer by adding maybe different fonts and some graphics.

Megara

no sleep club
I think there's ways you can definitely improve both (Baka pretty much hit the nail on the head), but for a start, I actually really love the first one. :)