Mobile App for VMK Games

Oswald

Glitter said:
I don't know how do-able that would be, but it would be incredible.
I agree. If they could do it, it would be awesome, but I have a feeling it'd take a LONG time, maybe when it's up for a long time they could put this to thought and see if it's do-able!

That would be so cool but probably not possible but if it did happen that would be great

Fruits

Since the game runs off of Adobe Shockwave, I do not believe that is doable. Seeming how most people with iPhone's can not download any Adobe programs or plugins straight off their phones.

Sincerely,
Fruits

Fruits said:
Since the game runs off of Adobe Shockwave, I do not believe that is doable. Seeming how most people with iPhone's can not download any Adobe programs or plugins straight off their phones.

Sincerely,
Fruits
I think you can run plugins with the app SkyFire. It's an alternative browser. I would even be willing to pay for this app if need be...

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
They would need to completely re-code the game in html5 to not need flash or shockwave. Which isn't a bad project if Amy can get other staff hired on to do the smaller tasks that are currently using up her time. The best thing that could be done is to make it just a mobile chat portal. Like in game- it shows them there but it has a little doohicky on top saying -mobile- and all the mobile person can see is who is in the room and the chat. It could be cool. If i'm not mistaken though, chat logs are a different component to the actual game and could be pushed through to an app. Make it super simple yet effective!

Maybe set it up like this
--Main Menu---
-Rooms-
Main St.
Eslpanade
Emporium

cruise

bird said:
They would need to completely re-code the game in html5 to not need flash or shockwave. Which isn't a bad project if Amy can get other staff hired on to do the smaller tasks that are currently using up her time. The best thing that could be done is to make it just a mobile chat portal. Like in game- it shows them there but it has a little doohicky on top saying -mobile- and all the mobile person can see is who is in the room and the chat. It could be cool. If i'm not mistaken though, chat logs are a different component to the actual game and could be pushed through to an app. Make it super simple yet effective!

--Main Menu---
-Rooms-
Main St.
Eslpanade
Emporium

And perhaps be able to just collect daily credits. Just like other mobile apps that are limited in their functions, this could be too.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
cruise said:
bird said:

--Main Menu---
-Rooms-
Main St.
Eslpanade
Emporium

And perhaps be able to just collect daily credits. Just like other mobile apps that are limited in their functions, this could be too.

I ran a minecraft server a while back and learned how servers networking and games work; and if the setup for networking is the same, the credits and such are imbedded into the actual game code unlike chat and trades. Although amy might be able to work her magic on this one, its not possible without re-working the entire game to make the credit system a different plugin to the game.

booglie

Even if this is possible, the controls would be pretty hard to change for mobile play, but if they are able to overcome these obstacles I think it would be pretty amazing!

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
booglie said:
Even if this is possible, the controls would be pretty hard to change for mobile play, but if they are able to overcome these obstacles I think it would be pretty amazing!
I could draft up some scematics for an iPad/android tab version. It wouldnt be hard since 90% of vmk was mouse-based. (no pun intended) A few things that would need to be changed is a keyboard api that would appear somewhere, maybe below the chat and then it would cover the screen real-estate where the game occured and under neath the rest of the chat bubbles. On top of that, the smaller windows would need to be bigger and support drag-and-drop. With these little additions, it would be a viable option to have a mobile version!

No. This is still using assets originally created by Disney and therefore they cannot publish something they took onto an app store and claim it is their own.

I think it'd be cool to just have access to your friends list and messages
But I mean I already have most of my friends I know on here on a third party website anyways.