[myVMKPal Mac] Good news!

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
I bring good news!

Development on myVMKPal Mac is underway and going smoothly! The login functionality works, and now we are off to the account manager(: Once we get that programmed in, we hope to have an alpha release out for you guys!

See ya then! MinoMinios

P.S
On the downside, my installation of Shockwave doesn't seem to be working (I'm on OSX 10.8.5, Mountain Lion), so testing the game within Pal is going to be difficult.. Anyone willing to be pre-alpha testers? :D

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Will this work on Mavericks?
myVMKPal will work on Mavericks, yes. As for is myVMK will work on Mavericks? That is out of our (the myVMKPal team) control. Sorry! You'll have to either wait for a fix from Adobe, Apple, or until Amy releases the webGL client.

oatman

Mavericks is amazing! How can anyone hate it!? It's only the best release since OS X Leopard...

Shockwave's socket controller is broken in Mavericks because it relies on OpenTransport which Apple fully removed from the OS Carbon SDK in 10.9. It's not coming back, period. Adobe will either need to rewrite their networking manager for Shockwave using Cocoa or the issue will never be fixed. This issue is 100% Adobe's fault for using deprecated APIs and not changing them when Apple initially warned them of deprecation back in 2005. Adobe had plenty of time to fix this... They had 8 years to take action and never did.

I've also spoke with Adobe developers via my university email via their bug reporter and on their forums and they have no interest in fixing the issue. Their suggested replacement is Adobe Flash as Adobe Director Shockwave is about to be a cancelled product at Adobe.

Source: https://developer.apple.com/library...enotes/MacOSX/WhatsNewInOSX/WhatsNewInOSX.pdf (Page 12 under Core Services Framework Changes)
Source: Shockwave's Multiusr.xtra has the OT_ library included as a dependency if you view it's x86 assembly code in Hopper Disassembler.

Last edited: