[myVMKPal] Server Issues

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
[size=+1]Update: Our servers appear to be back online :) myVMKPal should be good to go![/size]
Hello all

If anyone has been unable to use myVMKPal today, or has been receiving strange error messages,
this is due to the fact that our web servers have been having some latency and packet loss issues.

A few of the features (what is currently a temporary home screen, the calendar, user search, and some back-end stuff) are handled through the same servers that myVMKPal.com is hosted on. Due to this server being down, myVMKPal has not been functioning correctly.

This is mainly a message to re-assure you that nothing is wrong with myVMKPal, or more importantly, your computers :) We hope that our servers will be up and running soon, and no more issues will be encountered.

Thanks for your patience, MinoMinios

Last edited:
I think I am still having trouble connecting to MyVMK with MyVMKPal :( All I have is the blue screen that says logging in. Should I just uninstall and reinstall the program?

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
I think I am still having trouble connecting to MyVMK with MyVMKPal :( All I have is the blue screen that says logging in. Should I just uninstall and reinstall the program?
I too can still not log in, stuck at the "logging in..." in the bottom left corner stage.
This issue has been addressed in version 1.5.2. Try going to the settings, and checking for an update.

It doesn't work on the non-downloadble one. I can't log on through web.myvmkpal.com :/

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
It doesn't work on the non-downloadble one. I can't log on through web.myvmkpal.com :/
Hi Marnetti,

We've been having some issues with the web version recently, but I think I found the issue. It should work now.

What about the desktop version isn't working?

Hi Marnetti,

We've been having some issues with the web version recently, but I think I found the issue. It should work now.

What about the desktop version isn't working?
Oh, sweet! I've never used the desktop version. I've always used the other one. I find it more convenient.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Oh, sweet! I've never used the desktop version. I've always used the other one. I find it more convenient.
That's the reason we released the web version actually :P We figured there would be some people who didn't want to, or couldn't (due to being on a school computer, parental restrictions, etc.) download the desktop version.

And besides. We found a way to do the web version, so why not!

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
THAT MEANS I CAN PLAY?!?!?!??!? I LITERALLY WAS ON THE COMPUTER In my SCHOOL TODAY
If your school has the myVMK website blocked, or does not have shockwave installed, you will not be able to play. Sadly, we can't get around that for you :/ But, if you want to use myVMK Pal, the web version will work without having to download anything :) Fairly limited though, and not terribly useful on a school computer, if you won't be using the same one each time.

mark

10 mins late to everything
If your school has the myVMK website blocked, or does not have shockwave installed, you will not be able to play. Sadly, we can't get around that for you :/ But, if you want to use myVMK Pal, the web version will work without having to download anything :) Fairly limited though, and not terribly useful on a school computer, if you won't be using the same one each time.
i can find my ways ;)

if they unblocked youtube, why would this be XD

How come I can't use it on internet explorer? :P

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
How come I can't use it on internet explorer? :P
If I use it on internet explorer, the web one redirects me to myvmk site itself and doesn't let me log on in internet explorer.
Ah. I see. The web version is designed for Chrome/Safari/Firefox. Internet Explorer is not the most up-to-date browser in terms of features, meaning that some of the tricks we use in the web version do not work in Internet Explorer. This isn't something we have control over. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Ah. I see. The web version is designed for Chrome/Safari/Firefox. Internet Explorer is not the most up-to-date browser in terms of features, meaning that some of the tricks we use in the web version do not work in Internet Explorer. This isn't something we have control over. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Oh, okay. Thank you very much.