New Rule: Signature Size Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is to let you all know a current rule is being amended on the forums:

OLD RULE
Signatures
Signatures are customizable blocks of content automatically appended below a user’s post. Inappropriate pictures or links to inappropriate content in signatures are prohibited. Images in signatures should not be so wide as to unnaturally stretch users’ browser pages. Signatures violating MyVMK rules are subject to removal.
NEW RULE
MyVMK Forums Rules said:
Signatures
Signatures are customizable blocks of content automatically appended below a user’s post. Inappropriate pictures or links to inappropriate content in signatures are prohibited. Images in signatures should not be so wide as to unnaturally stretch users’ browser pages. Signatures are limited to a height of 350px; we are not currently limiting the width but we reserve the right to ask you to remove a signature that is overly wide and/or stretches the page for users. Signatures violating MyVMK rules are subject to removal.
You can see in bold red above the new part of the rule. Below I am sharing an example so you all can get an idea of what is acceptable in terms of height. Most of you will be fine your current signatures, as they are much shorter than the 350px maximum in height. We will be measuring from the invisible-ish dashed line for signature heights.

Here is a link to the original sized image so you can compare 350 pixels in height to your signature: http://i.imgur.com/KMfshsK.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: The 350px height limit includes any lines of text or other stacked, small images in this signature. Note how the link to my DeviantArt account is included in my 277 px height.

If you want a sort of standard size image to compare yours to, here is a 350px tall by a variety of widths image I made; THERE IS CURRENTLY NO WIDTH LIMIT.

If you guys have any questions at all about this new rule, feel free to post them here. If you are concerned about your signature, post here and I can let you know if it needs any adjusting. We will allow a few days for individuals to see this announcement before we give out any warnings for overly large signatures. As I said, though, most of you are fine with your current signature size :)

TO SUM UP
  • New height limit 350px
  • No width limit
  • Text, small stacked images, etc are included in the 350px height

Last edited:

Jasmine

I think mine's right at 350px. Can you double check for me?
Edit: I see the point where signatures are cut off was already changed. So do we just go by that?

I think mine's right at 350px. Can you double check for me?
Edit: I see the point where signatures are cut off was already changed. So do we just go by that?
Yes, it looks like yours was automatically cut off because it exceeds the 350px. Don't worry about fixing it unless you don't like not seeing all of it :)

We probably won't hand out any warnings except for excessively wide signatures...like 1000px+. And even then, they are like friendly PM warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.