not being able to put furniture down in a room

gravebound

not actually a grave
not me, but my girlfriend, who isn't on the forums so i'll be posting this for her.

she can't place any furniture in her room, even thought furnishing mode is turned on, and that's pretty much the entire problem right there. she's tried reloading and relogging.

i myself currently have the "you're fine until you try to talk then boom you're dc'd" song and dance, but i know that affects everyone and there's no real way to get around it.

gravebound

not actually a grave
she's on windows 7, and as far as i know she's going thru vmkpal(she just went off for the night), if not, she uses chrome.

kalyee

she's on windows 7, and as far as i know she's going thru vmkpal(she just went off for the night), if not, she uses chrome.
I have this problem any time I use chrome, so I usually just play on firefox. Maybe she should switch browsers?

gravebound

not actually a grave
okay, no, she doesnt use chrome, chrome wont work on her comp. both firefox and vmkpal will not work.
is there anything else she can try?

kalyee

okay, no, she doesnt use chrome, chrome wont work on her comp. both firefox and vmkpal will not work.
is there anything else she can try?
There's a ton of different browsers out there, I'm sure she can find something - I had to use this weird "Rockmelt" browser to fix this issue on my other laptop, and it worked. It may be a matter of her clearing her cache and cookies, but I'm not really an expert on this, I just try random things and can never pinpoint which worked :/

gravebound

not actually a grave
There's a ton of different browsers out there, I'm sure she can find something - I had to use this weird "Rockmelt" browser to fix this issue on my other laptop, and it worked. It may be a matter of her clearing her cache and cookies, but I'm not really an expert on this, I just try random things and can never pinpoint which worked :/
she did clear her cache yesterday, (and even then it doesnt make much sense considering she cant go thru vmkpal either), thank you for the help tho, shes logging into my account currently to see if it's her or her account. i dont seem why it would be her account, but it's worth a shot..
maybe its her shockwave installation?

kalyee

she did clear her cache yesterday, (and even then it doesnt make much sense considering she cant go thru vmkpal either), thank you for the help tho, shes logging into my account currently to see if it's her or her account. i dont seem why it would be her account, but it's worth a shot..
maybe its her shockwave installation?
It's worth a shot. It's definitely not just her, I have an ongoing problem with this on a desktop computer, and I haven't been able to fix it still.

kalyee

she's gunna try it tomorrow, she was too busy tonight. we'll see.

if we ever find out what it is ill let you know kalyee :bounce:
Thanks so much :)