[please delete]

• Thread starter ABrighterFuture
  • Start date

mark

10 mins late to everything
i really do like it however, this doesnt really make it feel like a VMK site. That's mainly because I don't see any relation to (my)VMK except for the completely new-designed logo, but I still love the simplicity.

Here is my two cents for ya:

Colors are great, try to either stick with a purple with a tint of blue or a tint of red however.
Take down the overall font size and try something more... round, like Helvetica or Century Gothic for example. Rounded fonts are easy on the eyes or simply pick a serif font and stick with it.
Logo is a great, simple, flat design, I love it.
The top navigation is very well done and appealing.

The simplicity is nice, but it feels a little too "in your face" if that makes sense... Objects feel too large for the screen.

Keep up the work though :)
Listen to Koly's advice. The myVMK Pal website is wonderfully done.

Definitely will keep this in mind for if I remake this and my future projects. Thanks for the knowledge! You sound like you know a lot, and I appreciate you taking the time to help me improve. I'll be sure to take a look at that website.

Thanks again!
Anytime Alex *chuckle because my name is Alex*, just let me know of any questions or feedback you would like in the future! I've been doing graphics and web design for years and while I did take some college courses on it, programming is my passion. I'm always willing to help spread the things I do know. :wizard:

Czarcasm

dam thats crazy
I like it, you definitely have some talent going on. However, for VMK that style is I think a bunch to modern..? It just doesn't fit it. I'd give an example of what kind of site this layout would fit but I lost the idea lol

Czarcasm

dam thats crazy
Thanks for your post.

I can really see your point about my design not fitting. I guess what I was going for was a futuristic VMK; the generic newsletter says "January 1, 2015" (sorry, a little product of my unnecessary perfectionist moments). But the point is that it's set in the future.

I may make another design that is less modern. If I do, I will have to put extra thought into making a website that is not as flat look good to people. Nonetheless, I'll still have fun with it, and I thank you again for your post. I've already got some good ideas. :)

-Alex
Ah, yes do post more when you try new things, I like seeing them :D!

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I appreciate the work you put into this. But i do suggest to keep the font in the H1-H4 ranges. Anything more will become too extreme. Keep your main titles as H1 and then range it from importance using H2 to H4.

Also, this looks like it was done in photoshop, do you have actual html and css experience? If so, i suggest getting yourself a free atspace.co.cc site and give this site idea using all these great suggestions life.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Very useful advice; I'll keep this in mind.

This was indeed done in Photoshop; I currently don't have any HTML or CSS experience (but I should get some next school year). I've bookmarked the website you provided; thank you. :)

-Alex
In my opinion, getting HTML and CSS experience should not be done in school, they waste too much time. Check out

http://courses.tutsplus.com/courses/web-design-for-beginners

This is adequate. It's not free but its still the best on the web right now. You will learn everything you need in this tutorial since HTML is a VERY easy language. CSS is a little tricker but is most important but still easier than anything else other than HTML. After you learn HTML and CSS, go check out Javascript. After you master those three, you will have the ability to create any site you want however you want.

Last edited:

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Here is my two cents for ya:

Colors are great, try to either stick with a purple with a tint of blue or a tint of red however.
Take down the overall font size and try something more... round, like Helvetica or Century Gothic for example. Rounded fonts are easy on the eyes or simply pick a serif font and stick with it.
Logo is a great, simple, flat design, I love it.
The top navigation is very well done and appealing.
Listen to Koly's advice. The myVMK Pal website is wonderfully done.
EHEM.. i made MyVMKPal.com