Quests - Two Options for Game Requirements?

I did a search and I didn't see this requested before. But playing certain games on a laptop is tricky and it's hard to get the required amount of points sometimes.

I'm wondering, and requesting(?) that maybe there be two options when there's a quest. I know the whole idea of a quest is to challenge players and that's what makes them fun– but I've seen other players on laptops post before about their troubles so I know it's not just me.

Could there be a second option? Like 15k on Fireworks OR 20k on Jungle Cruise (or win 3 games of POTC)? Just an idea I wanted to pass along.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you're all in food comas right now (or gearing up for the Gilmore Girls: A Year In the Life release...). Have a great weekend. xx

HOST_Crash

I did a search and I didn't see this requested before. But playing certain games on a laptop is tricky and it's hard to get the required amount of points sometimes.

I'm wondering, and requesting(?) that maybe there be two options when there's a quest. I know the whole idea of a quest is to challenge players and that's what makes them fun– but I've seen other players on laptops post before about their troubles so I know it's not just me.

Could there be a second option? Like 15k on Fireworks OR 20k on Jungle Cruise (or win 3 games of POTC)? Just an idea I wanted to pass along.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you're all in food comas right now (or gearing up for the Gilmore Girls: A Year In the Life release...). Have a great weekend. xx
Hi PixieLizzieA:

Thank you for your feedback regarding mini games in quests. This has been a topic that I have gone back and forth on in regards to go about including mini games in my quests. Some people like them, some do not for a variety of reasons. There is also varying tastes and skill levels with regard to scores of various games. I try and consider all the variables before deciding what to include in any given week. Unfortunately the way the quest system is set up it is not possible to have multiple options for completing a requirement without duplicating the entire quest again.

I do however always look at feedback and try and consider as many factors as I can before deciding whether to include a mini game and if so the score required. I realize it is impossible to find the perfect formula for everyone, I try and rely on offering variety to try and give everyone a chance at the type of activities they enjoy seeing in quests.

With my quest events, something I used to do, and will be going back to in the upcoming month is having one quest with a mini game and one without. When I go that route, I usually swap the prizes between the quests when they repeat (my quest events always repeat at least once). Going that route gives everyone a chance to obtain the item without being gated around the mini game.

I will keep your feedback in mind in the future when I create other day-long quests. My goal is always to offer a fun experience for everyone. Thank you once again for your feedback and if you, or anyone else has any more suggestions on how to improve, all feedback is welcome and appreciated!

Hi PixieLizzieA:

Thank you for your feedback regarding mini games in quests. This has been a topic that I have gone back and forth on in regards to go about including mini games in my quests. Some people like them, some do not for a variety of reasons. There is also varying tastes and skill levels with regard to scores of various games. I try and consider all the variables before deciding what to include in any given week. Unfortunately the way the quest system is set up it is not possible to have multiple options for completing a requirement without duplicating the entire quest again.

I do however always look at feedback and try and consider as many factors as I can before deciding whether to include a mini game and if so the score required. I realize it is impossible to find the perfect formula for everyone, I try and rely on offering variety to try and give everyone a chance at the type of activities they enjoy seeing in quests.

With my quest events, something I used to do, and will be going back to in the upcoming month is having one quest with a mini game and one without. When I go that route, I usually swap the prizes between the quests when they repeat (my quest events always repeat at least once). Going that route gives everyone a chance to obtain the item without being gated around the mini game.

I will keep your feedback in mind in the future when I create other day-long quests. My goal is always to offer a fun experience for everyone. Thank you once again for your feedback and if you, or anyone else has any more suggestions on how to improve, all feedback is welcome and appreciated!
After I wrote it, I kinda figured that it wasn't possible with the creation of the quests. (But I figured it couldn't hurt to ask!)
Your quests are a TON of fun and that was my only idea. But I honestly love the idea of the one quest with one quest without, and then swapping prizes. That definitely alleviates some of the issues other players (and myself) are having.
I used to play Fireworks all the time on the old VMK but I played with a PC, and didn't realize how much of a difference that made. And then I saw other players with the same problem so I knew it wasn't just me being uncoordinated. But I totally think that the 2 quest option is a really great idea. (I wasn't here for when it was available before so I can't wait to see!)
Thanks for keeping an open discussion forum for things like this. It really helps players understand why certain things are the way they are. I always thought staff had some kind of special coding software to make quests but I never considered it being the same way users make quests.

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Thanks again for replying. I totally get it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
A lot of issues could be solved by investing in a mouse. Yes trying to play with just keys on a laptop is horrible. Great sales right now and any mouse will do. Or put in on your holiday list for gift ideas? I have played with a $10.00 mouse and can play ok to get the scores Host_crash has asked for. Also it would make you time in the game so much more enjoyable :)

I wanted to piggy back off of what @PixieLizzieA says about quests.

I love doing quests and all but this is getting to be a bit much for me. It's depressing for me because of my chronic pain that I deal with. I have CRPS/RSD which is awful and gives you pain 24/7 throughout your whole body. It's hard to get such a high score and more so when the pain in centralized only in your hands.

I appreciate @Host_Crash and everything he does but at the same time it's been hard on me. I feel like I'm a bit alienated for a lack of a better word by not being able to complete the quest like everyone else. I've called for help at times and tried to explain my situation to the Hosts and sometimes they will be understanding and others I can tell got a bit irked by my request.

I don't mean to cause trouble, but I do wish to be able to be a part of the event just as much as anyone else. Currently, I was trying to play "The World Famous Jingle Cruise Quest" and ended almost getting a flare up from my pain as a result of trying to get through all the tasks. I went as far as 12/20 but by that time, my whole hand and arm was already exasperated. I know we've touched the subject before on games in Quests and don't mean anything negative but would appreciate some help for those who have disabilities. @Amy @Han Solo

HOST_Crash

I wanted to piggy back off of what @PixieLizzieA says about quests.

I love doing quests and all but this is getting to be a bit much for me. It's depressing for me because of my chronic pain that I deal with. I have CRPS/RSD which is awful and gives you pain 24/7 throughout your whole body. It's hard to get such a high score and more so when the pain in centralized only in your hands.

I appreciate @Host_Crash and everything he does but at the same time it's been hard on me. I feel like I'm a bit alienated for a lack of a better word by not being able to complete the quest like everyone else. I've called for help at times and tried to explain my situation to the Hosts and sometimes they will be understanding and others I can tell got a bit irked by my request.

I don't mean to cause trouble, but I do wish to be able to be a part of the event just as much as anyone else. Currently, I was trying to play "The World Famous Jingle Cruise Quest" and ended almost getting a flare up from my pain as a result of trying to get through all the tasks. I went as far as 12/20 but by that time, my whole hand and arm was already exasperated. I know we've touched the subject before on games in Quests and don't mean anything negative but would appreciate some help for those who have disabilities. @Amy @Han Solo
Hi @fronkoreo :

I am sorry to hear about your experience regarding the "The World Famous Jingle Cruise" quest. It is always my goal to create a variety of different types of quests that appeal to players with varying tastes. This quest was meant to be more challenging both in time and endurance. I have received a lot of requests in the past for varying styles of quests with different difficulties. Unfortunately with all the different options available in creating a quest it will inevitably exclude at least one group at any given time, for example, players who are not that proficient in fireworks, or those who have difficulty with the pirates game, etc. In this particular case I tried to offset that by having my two sets of event quests be purposely easier this month.

Though I completely understand where you are coming from this quest was intentionally meant to be a bit more challenging than some of my holiday and Sunday event quests. In the coming weeks I will be having several different types of challenging quests for players. These quests were meant to be a "bonus" in addition to my usual Sunday event quests. I decided to make them all-day because I knew they would be a bit more time consuming. I never want anyone to ever feel excluded from content in this game. We are actually looking for ways to offer an alternate path for those who want to do the quests but cannot meet certain requirements of them.

As far as asking for help, we are very understanding with disabilities and we never want anyone to ever feel excluded or left out. Generally if we are aware of the situation we are usually willing to accommodate and help with mini games during holiday and event quests. Certain types of quests have an obvious exclusion, such as green car magic. But for the most part we try to help everyone as best as we can. There are times it can be hectic so I apologize if I, or anyone else, has given you the impression it is an inconvenience, it absolutely is no trouble at all. By all means ask for assistance if you, or anyone else needs it. We are awaysl happy to help!

As always, feedback is appreciated!

I think the point of all of the JC in the quest was to reach the amount needed for a crate (could be wrong). And @fronkoreo I know it sucks for you sweetie and if you want the items you can have mine. Im not going to use them.
@fronkoreo - you can have my quest items if you want. They are Candy Cane Lighted Pole, Holiday Skeleton at the Helm, Jingle Cruise Giraffe Couch and Toontown Fireplace (I believe). Just PM me with a place/time to meet.

Thanks guys for your generosity <3 Honestly means the world to me <3 I'll be okay, I just wanted to talk about that as critique </3

Thanks guys for your generosity <3 Honestly means the world to me <3 I'll be okay, I just wanted to talk about that as critique </3
I know and understood you just wanted to let staff know about certain problems but I honestly don't use furnish (they just get dusty and broken in my inventory) so you are more than welcome to them :)