"Rare" item inquiry

Exist

based goddess
Alright, I'm new to myVMK. I can see that the "rare" items are still the same "rare" items from the original VMK, but how were these items acquired in myVMK? Just wondering! Thanks!

Some like stitch, princess minnie, green and pink flips were from a crate I think when the game first started, they were the "ultra rare in the crate" I think the gold set were the other items in the crate (I wasn't here then, so this is just what I've picked up)

Kinglaser

Some like stitch, princess minnie, green and pink flips were from a crate I think when the game first started, they were the "ultra rare in the crate" I think the gold set were the other items in the crate (I wasn't here then, so this is just what I've picked up)
This is correct. Flip hats were buyable in the first few days.

C

Celluloid

Clocks, Snowmen, Jungle Cruise Pin Sets, Waterfalls and Epcot Rooms pins were all HOST prizes :).

InaDaze

The Confused One.
This is correct. Flip hats were buyable in the first few days.
Flip Hat was the first item retired after only being on sale for about ~36-40 hours. Only about ~175-180 were bought. They sold at 2000 credits and the only way anyone got credits during the days the Flip Hat was out was through NPCs. I believe only Yeti and Esmeralda worked at the time (so they gave a bunch of credits as it was the only way to earn credits).

Other rares people may mention are the Sword in the Stone Pins that are difficult to pull. Such pins are PPR Peter Pan, PPR Wendy Darling, ALR Queen of Hearts, and PPR Mermaid. Mermaid is easily the rarest as it was only in there for a small period compared to the other pins. The current rare in the stone is Mickey and Friends (1/5). Also there was a period where you could pull an Angel Hat (Pink Stitch) and it has also gained some value and I consider it rare.

We also can't forget items like the Gold Snowman (which sold at 30k credits), the Firewall (which was sold for only 1 day before retired, many were bought... When we had the stats page I looked it up and it was above 3000 I believe), candy cauldron, DLR Pumpkins (the ones with Mickey's face), beta furniture (includes red teepee, cyan Ariel, Pink Tiki, and many others) and much more that I'm probably not highly aware of as I'm not entirely into all of the trading knowledge I know some other players have.