Relationship Advice HELP

LadyMagic

Haha, this is so embarrassing guys. I'm such an embarrassment. Alright, so I'm 19 and I've never had a boyfriend or anything like that-- not even a single date or anything. Anyways, now that that's out in the open, I need help. Please. So, I've started talking to this guy I "met" through a friend (he goes to my school), but we've only been texting and talking on the phone because our schedules are kinda opposite. However, we're going on a date soon and I'm so, so terrified. Number one, he's probably going to take one look at me and turn the other way. Number two, one of my least favorite things on the planet is awkward conversation. What do I talk about? What do I do? HELP, MY FRIENDS, HELP ME

Edit: Also--this thread should have been called first date advice, not relationship advice hahaha wow way to sound overeager

1. He's gonna take one look at you and go "Whoaaa momma."
2. Stay calm, cool and collected.
3. Be you and only be you. Don't worry about what they think, or say, you must remember to be yourself. If you act as someone else and this person "likes" you for it, how are you going to feel keeping up with the "act." I'm not worried about number 3 with you, you'll be fine.
4. Have fun, dating is supposed to be a fun experience. Don't focus on anything other than having fun.
5. Don't even worry about any of the rules I've just listed below, just seriously...have fun! SO PROUD! :D

LadyMagic

3. Be you and only be you. Don't worry about what they think, or say, you must remember to be yourself. If you act as someone else and this person "likes" you for it, how are you going to feel keeping up with the "act." I'm not worried about number 3 with you, you'll be fine.
4. Have fun, dating is supposed to be a fun experience. Don't focus on anything other than having fun.
5. Don't even worry about any of the rules I've just listed below, just seriously...have fun! SO PROUD! :D
Haha whatever you're just trying to make me feel better, I really appreciate all of that, though--really helpful! :)

To avoid awkward conversation, try talking about something you both enjoy.
I'm sure you've got things in common!
Good luck & have fun!
Thanks so much <3

Relax and be your self and enjoy your self. My first date was pretty awkward but then things got better.
Good to know that there's still hope if it isn't what I expected haha, thanks!

Crax

I think that because you guys have had conversations on the phone and through texting, it should be fairly easy to hold a conversation on the date.
Just be yourself and be fun. If you try to be someone different, then it just adds awkwardness to the date.
I've always been the type to just lay it out and if they can't handle me like that then there is no sense on dating any further.
My boyfriend who I've been dating for a year tells me all the time that I am so much mellower than when we met because I just kind of was like here I am.
And because of that he fell in love with me and I can just be myself and not have to worry about being open and awkward because I was that way when we first met and that is what attracted him to me. So just be yourself and have fun being you.

HaleighRose

Shut up, and dance with me!
When I went on my first "date" with my now husband I was the same as you. Super awkward and nervous and I had (getting better) social anxiety. I just told myself "its not a date, its to go meet a person who might be a great friend." That helped a lot. Becoming friends before lovers is so much better and it takes the tension down to almost 0 when you don't have to worry about pleasing him as a girlfriend or vise versa. Just be yourself and have fun!

Number one, he's probably going to take one look at me and turn the other way. Number two, one of my least favorite things on the planet is awkward conversation. What do I talk about? What do I do?
1. shut up you're hot
2. everyone feels that way

People love talking about themselves. Ask him questions. Maybe something you can relate to.
Do you like sports? Ask him what his favorite sport is. Maybe his favorite sport is your favorite sport and you can connect on that topic. If not, after he's done talking about his favorite sport, tell him yours.

Talk about your mutual friends. "Oh, ____ did something really funny the other day", "How do you know _____? We've known each other since first grade!" etc.

Ask about his favorite TV shows, music, movies, books... etc.

Ask about school. Ask what classes he's taking, how he think he did on a test, rant about dumb teachers.. etc.

Ask about what he thinks he wants to do for college/after high school.

You can always find a million things to say regarding weather.

If all else fails, go into the bathroom and call me.

LadyMagic

1. shut up you're hot
2. everyone feels that way

People love talking about themselves. Ask him questions. Maybe something you can relate to.
Do you like sports? Ask him what his favorite sport is. Maybe his favorite sport is your favorite sport and you can connect on that topic. If not, after he's done talking about his favorite sport, tell him yours.

Talk about your mutual friends. "Oh, ____ did something really funny the other day", "How do you know _____? We've known each other since first grade!" etc.

Ask about his favorite TV shows, music, movies, books... etc.

Ask about school. Ask what classes he's taking, how he think he did on a test, rant about dumb teachers.. etc.

Ask about what he thinks he wants to do for college/after high school.

You can always find a million things to say regarding weather.

If all else fails, go into the bathroom and call me.
Hahaha, you're actually amazing.

When I went on my first "date" with my now husband I was the same as you. Super awkward and nervous and I had (getting better) social anxiety. I just told myself "its not a date, its to go meet a person who might be a great friend." That helped a lot. Becoming friends before lovers is so much better and it takes the tension down to almost 0 when you don't have to worry about pleasing him as a girlfriend or vise versa. Just be yourself and have fun!
Thank you soo much! That gives me some hope!

I think that because you guys have had conversations on the phone and through texting, it should be fairly easy to hold a conversation on the date.
Just be yourself and be fun. If you try to be someone different, then it just adds awkwardness to the date.
I've always been the type to just lay it out and if they can't handle me like that then there is no sense on dating any further.
My boyfriend who I've been dating for a year tells me all the time that I am so much mellower than when we met because I just kind of was like here I am.
And because of that he fell in love with me and I can just be myself and not have to worry about being open and awkward because I was that way when we first met and that is what attracted him to me. So just be yourself and have fun being you.
Ahh thank you so much, that makes me feel better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chinook

I know this post was a while ago, but I felt like this video has some good advice for feeling confident before stuff like dates.
I hope you find it helpful for stuff like this.
And always remember that you're awesome!

Could not of said it better myself! Yeah listen to what he said. Also you do not have to talk up a storm that is too much talking, just make it regular and calm :D!