Staff-Player Communication Poll

How do you feel about the overall communication between Staff and Players?

• It's great! Staff are doing an excellent job in keeing us well informed about everything going on

• It's decent. Staff usually keep us informed about certain things, but I'd like to see more.

• Neutral. Not good. Not bad.

• They try, but ultimately fail to keep us updated in a way that I like to follow the game/forums.

• Really disappointed in communication. Staff drop the ball on issues and fail to keep us informed

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fiyero

Please answer the poll regarding the communication between staff and players! Answers choices will be hidden so that users can honestly answer without feel of judgement!

This poll is not on the quality of Newsletters, the quality of polls, the way Staff posts, etc. but on the overall communication between Staff and Players through the forums, social media, and otherwise. If you have not had enough interaction here to form a well founded opinion on it, please do not participate

NOTE: Any blatant disrespect towards any staff member, player, or otherwise in this thread will be reported immediately. We are allowed the ability to voice our opinions, so we must do so in a civil manner. Don't be stupid

Feel free to leave comments below!

Thanks,

Fiyero

I feel like the communication is lacking. My #1 issue with the way this game is run is that there have been multiple instances where "promised" additions/events/etc have been taken away without explanation. I know bringing up the whole POTC thing is like beating a dead horse at this point, but it's a prime example of this (I am aware that there technically was an explanation behind the POTC delay at the time, but where does it stand today? Why was the HM game released when POTC was scheduled to come out more than 2 months ago?). A more recent example of this "taking away stuff without explanation" would be the Zombie Run event. I know that I and countless others had been really excited for it, but it was rescheduled multiple times before being taken away from the event schedule completely. There was no explanation behind its cancellation; it just disappeared and we never heard about it again.

I just feel like things regarding new items/events/games/whatever should be thought through more before any official announcements are made about them, especially if staff basically ignores when those things are taken away.

Fiyero

But with Snow/Grizzly being both involved in the game and forums, it seems that a lot of the big decisions that are made are all the same. Across the board, in my opinion, staff do not communicate as well as they could have. That's why I say they seem to be the same to me

Fiyero

Only 8 people out of the 81 people who voted in this poll think Staff are doing the best they can to keep this community informed. Can we finally recognize this as a problem and have some action to fix it?

The people have spoken

Last edited:

gravebound

not actually a grave
i honestly appreciate all amy and the staff have done, don't get me wrong, the lack of communication is incredibly demoralizing. and while amy, when she does update, she gives clear information, but it seems a lot of the time with everyone else(except a few) keep giving runaround answers or dont know themselves.
the point is, we WANT to know what's going on. you don't need to hide anything from us for the sake of surprises. we need communication. when we have to hammer on and on just for confirmation about things that seem to be forgotten about(the promised guys' hair comes to mind), there's an issue. whether it's between amy and staff, or staff with us, or a combo of both - things need to change.
we are curious and disappointed. we don't care if they're boring or if it's just "still working on it". we still want to hear those words, because it makes us feel like we're important enough to be informed about a game that we're devoting our time to.

Andrew

Only 8 people out of the 81 people who voted in this poll think Staff are doing the best they can to keep this community informed. Can we finally recognize this as a problem and have some action to fix it?

The people have spoken
Actually 89 people have voted.

Myth

Actually 89 people have voted.
and 47 of those are neutral about it :p
I don't think the communication is bad at all. In the original VMK, none of the staff members talked to anyone outside of the game. (besides calls for help).
We should be appreciative <3

I don't think the communication is bad at all. In the original VMK, none of the staff members talked to anyone outside of the game. (besides calls for help).
its not that anyone isnt being appreciative, we're just saying that since it's a much smaller community, we should be given a little more information about whats going on. mainly because a few projects in the past were left behind without really knowing why

gravebound

not actually a grave
its not that anyone isnt being appreciative, we're just saying that since it's a much smaller community, we should be given a little more information about whats going on. mainly because a few projects in the past were left behind without really knowing why
that, and this game is still beta - we are beta testers. they are making this game at the same time we're playing it. feedback and communication should be the minimum requirement. old vmk had multiple staff members, testers, an entire production team. and besides, just because it's the same assets doesn't mean myvmk needs to be exactly like old vmk. i'm sure there were tons of people who felt vmk staff didn't listen to them. (i didn't go on the forums due to a bad case of being 12, but) we have a chance to do things better this time around.