Tavo's Photography

Tavo

not to be confused with tacos. don't eat me.
Hey guys!
I just wanted to share some of my photos I've taken along the way.
Recently, one of my friend's accounts went viral around the time we began competing on coming up with creative "box photos" for instagram.
This gave us both fuel to become better photographers and work a bit harder on our pics!

Now, I currently have my personal instagram account and a new account I've created solely for the purpose of my pictures. One of my friends recommended that I do this so I could be more public about it! (Although, I'm sure if you look at the account long enough you'll be able to find my personal account.. hehe, not an issue though.) Anyways, here are a few of my photos! I hope you guys love them as much as I loved taking them!

(Note ~
+ I did not use Photoshop or any other Photo-editing device on my computer; solely simple phone filters.
+ All photos are mine.
+ I'm not a pro, so you might notice some mistakes / but I believe they add to the photo.)

If you liked what you saw, please support me if you can! My more "public" instagram account is @ishtavo.
(If you're curious about the name... ishto means boy / kid in mayan. My roots take me back to an area in Guatemala. I decided to include that in my username.)

Thanks!

Tavo

Hi these are really cool. Pls to share ur tricks on light painting :um:
It's all about practice & creativity. A long time ago (about 3 years ago) I learned about light painting by accident while messing with my camera. A couple months ago I got into light painting for an Instagram weekend hashtag project. I decided to do it based on my injury that kept me from running (the Unbroken picture). I had my friend light me as I moved. This took a total of probably 20-30 shots to perfect. I also kinda already had the vision in my head, so most of those shots were just me playing with the camera to get the lighting right. If you have any questions, feel free to post here!

Tavo

Btw- (I guess this acts as a kind of bump.. but...) I'm looking for new people to follow on Insta! Leave your account name (if you want) here and I'll follow you! Always looking forward to new people to inspire / get inspiration from!!

mark

10 mins late to everything
what is the thing in unbroken (im assuming it stays there for a few seconds since you didnt do any photoshop) bc i've been looking for one for a while but idk the name of it and i've been too lazy to mix and match words on google to find it out ;-; (unbroken is my fav if u didnt notice lol)

Tavo

what is the thing in unbroken (im assuming it stays there for a few seconds since you didnt do any photoshop) bc i've been looking for one for a while but idk the name of it and i've been too lazy to mix and match words on google to find it out ;-; (unbroken is my fav if u didnt notice lol)
what do you mean by thing?

Tavo

are you sure it wasnt some type of flickering item or fire that made the light last a few seconds?
100% sure, buddy. :D I made like 30 of these before I chose my favorite.. So I did it 30 times. It might look red bc the light went through my skin as I did it.