The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

I just got home from the movie theaters.

I don't want to spoil anything at all, but for those of you that have seen it what did you think?

I thought it was soooo much better than the first two Hobbit installments, but nothing tops the original Lord of the Rings movies. The action scenes were such an incredibly engaging part of the movie, felt as though we were really part of the action. I saw it in 3D and XD which probably alters my experience from others. If you saw it in regular 2D did you think it was still as fun?

K

kittenmittens

My boyfriend and I just got back from seeing it finally! Judging by the second movie with the thrown in love story, I didn't really think the third would worth watching but after seeing it, I'm glad I gave it a chance. Very impressed (:

Last edited by a moderator:
i just went to this today, i usually find the battle parts pretty boring and with pretty much the whole movie being battle i didn't have much hope for it. I still thought some parts were boring, but i do think this one had more fighting parts that were still interesting. but then again i don't remember the last 2 that well and just remember hating the spider scene in the second one..lol. I really liked the very end though (almost spoiled it but stopped myself lol).

also I'm really interested to learn more about what happens with tauriel..

AlphaTheEdge

I honestly left that movie and wanted to enlist in a middle earth army. I thought it was so cool. The landscape was stunning. Characters were well cast. They strayed away from the original story, but spun it to create a unique story that I found entertaining. And I liked the end transition

I honestly left that movie and wanted to enlist in a middle earth army. I thought it was so cool. The landscape was stunning. Characters were well cast. They strayed away from the original story, but spun it to create a unique story that I found entertaining. And I liked the end transition
I teared up a bit when they aged Bilbo, and then Gandalf knocked on the door. Oh, the memories.

People are always talking about the zombie apocalypse being an exciting thing, I would love to battle orcs/uruks instead.

I gotta go see it again soon!

C

Celluloid

Well, it was better than the second one, and I didn't absolutely hate it. Still not quite as nice as the first though. I'm excited to see the fan edits of the trilogy though. I'm sure there is enough good material for one really good Hobbit film.

Anyone else nearly swoon over Galadriel's scene?
Galadriel is the most bad of them all, she's not my favorite, but dang can she clear a room.

Update: I've just seen it again and re-watched one and two (fell asleep during the middle of tw0, so I'll have to watch it again.) and looooved it! Gotta watch Lord of the Rings again now...

Last edited by a moderator:

Stitchiee

Spooky Scary Skeletons
I really liked the finale and it was better than the other 2 movies. I'm not a huge fan of The LOTR books or the Hobbit (because I read half the book and got extremely bored I'm sorry) so the movie literally finished narrating what I stopped reading and it was interesting, they executed it pretty good!

Zelena

I still don't think a third was necessary.... It was alright, but the best part was by far the end with Bilbo(I love love love that little hobbit!!)!! It would have been how Tolkien wanted it..except Tauriel I didn't really understand her part at all