The Nested Quotes Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I'll agree to this too... Because Jason did...

Honestly I'd like this a lot better, but I don't have a big problem with what we have now.

Jasmine

I don't really see why nested quotes are necessary? I mean, most people just use multi-quote.

Jasmine

Nested quotes are quotes within quotes. It's like how if you respond this THIS messages by quoting it, you won't see your original quote. You'll just see THIS message (me replying to it). Multi-quote allows you to quote multiple people's separate messages in 1 post.
I know what it is, I said I don't find it necessary when most people use multi-quote instead. As Whispered pointed out, it's only ever used in PMs and it's been that way probably since the creation of vBulletin. If you really want to do it, I don't see why it can't be done manually. :S

I know that that mod has a limit, but I can totally see people quoting excessively long posts and pictures, which is just annoying.

gravebound

not actually a grave
i honestly cant decide. like, it's good for keeping up conversations and direct context, but also everything jasmine just said. a small limit would be good, maybe.

Cyber Toon

I was thinking a limit of somewhere like three would be perfect... Because if it goes beyond that point it starts to get out of hand. Plus I believe most forum software that includes nested quotes puts a default limit of three.

Status
Not open for further replies.