WDW blues

Not a sob story but I would like to share my unfortunate adventure..​

2nd trip in... 13 years id say? Yea, been such a long time and was very excited to go again for my graduation present. Every disney friend and tumblr pictures makes it seems like it's paradise and heavenly. I was aware it would be crowded and it might rain. In my own opinion (please not up for debate!) disney is very commercialized (or maybe I just had a REALLY bad time :/, who knows).

~Hmm first day went a-okay despite arriving to downtown disney late.
~Magic Kingdom rained around 6 and kept raining so I missed some rides(BIG THUNDER -CRIES-) and I was already so sore from walking and no where to sit at all as we check out main street.
~Feet were still sore when we went to Epcot the next day, turns out my ankle was swollen(but got some japanese candy there mmm)... Was a really bad idea to walk some more to go to Hollywood Studios (but I really enjoyed TOT and rockin rollercoaster) by then my ankle was puffed up then my toes,I couldnt bend my toes
~Ohhh the bus ride back to the hotel was horrid... had to stand and put pressure onto my already swollen foot so I wouldn't fall in the bus
~Felt really embarrassed that I had to be in a wheelchair the next day going home from the hotel to the airport in FL and aiport in TX. Also either in FL or in TX airport security, I came out clean but the wheelchair didn't so I had to be search and my bags be searched....It wasn't even my friggin wheelchair ugh; wanted to cry from embarrassment.
~Found out from my doctor the next day that my foot could be fractured/broken (don't remember which she said) if the discoloration on the side of my foot get worse, which thank god it didnt, my foot/ankle is better now c:

So...I thought disney was ok, despite all that and being mildly depressed, had some good food that I regret not taking pictures of... and bought some cute pins and traded some ;o I got 1 from disney land 2009 and a tinkerbell from 2005 <3

Megara

no sleep club
I'm sorry some of your trip was not that enjoyable. :(

I agree with you that Disney is very commercialized, but I feel like it also depends on the time of year that Disney is either tolerable or intolerable. I live in Florida, and during the summer, Florida is hot, humid, and wet. Also, whether you do a lot of walking or not, Disney can be killer on your feet and legs. It's a lot of walking!

I'm glad your foot is doing better though, and that you hopefully have some enjoyable memories of your trip. :)

rlsmelly

I'm sorry your trip was bad :-( Glad your foot is ok & hope some good came out of it but
as a local who goes frequently disney world is terrible nowadays. it is unbearable.
At one point, an off season existed but now it's just crowded all year long and it is just very /:
Also it's poorly maintained and since it's just getting more & more guests who don't know what is & what isn't supposed to work or look a certain way they don't care and i believe wdw is the poorest example of the "disney standard" but i also heard disneyland paris is horrible also!! But the orlando park is more about money over quality and it's sad to see some things left to get in such deplorable states.
I'm in such a love/hate relationship with wdw.
but I'm in a love/love with disneyland like what's not to love?? less tourists, everything is close together instead of having to take a bus, a monorail & walking half a mile to get to one destination, it is taken care of, their versions of the same attractions are infinitely better than wdw.
I'm just being salty tbh
im a disney purist full of rage
i love wdw but it's just kind of depressing at this point

I'm sorry some of your trip was not that enjoyable. :(

I agree with you that Disney is very commercialized, but I feel like it also depends on the time of year that Disney is either tolerable or intolerable. I live in Florida, and during the summer, Florida is hot, humid, and wet. Also, whether you do a lot of walking or not, Disney can be killer on your feet and legs. It's a lot of walking!

I'm glad your foot is doing better though, and that you hopefully have some enjoyable memories of your trip. :)
it seems every time I go to florida, it rains xD
I honestly hope I at least i get to sit down and rest but no everywhere was packed and and such
And thank you, I did have some :)
I'm sorry your trip was bad :-( Glad your foot is ok & hope some good came out of it but
as a local who goes frequently disney world is terrible nowadays. it is unbearable.
At one point, an off season existed but now it's just crowded all year long and it is just very /:
Also it's poorly maintained and since it's just getting more & more guests who don't know what is & what isn't supposed to work or look a certain way they don't care and i believe wdw is the poorest example of the "disney standard" but i also heard disneyland paris is horrible also!! But the orlando park is more about money over quality and it's sad to see some things left to get in such deplorable states.
I'm in such a love/hate relationship with wdw.
but I'm in a love/love with disneyland like what's not to love?? less tourists, everything is close together instead of having to take a bus, a monorail & walking half a mile to get to one destination, it is taken care of, their versions of the same attractions are infinitely better than wdw.
I'm just being salty tbh
im a disney purist full of rage
i love wdw but it's just kind of depressing at this point
I heard land was good, although either way it's so far from me xD
They food was very expensive o.o still tasted good though mmm especially at the hotel
Yea it did seem very over packed, I could barely move around miles and miles of strollers in stores...and trying so hard not to run into a little kid on the streets
Maybe I will go to land some day but not soon :c 'cause this trip failed to cease my expectations

ALSO GUYS I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THE PARTNERS STATUE WAS GONE WHILE I WAS THERE, WAS VERY SAD BECAUSE THAT WAS ONE THING I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO SINCE I FOUND OUT ABOUT THE PIN ON MYVMK.

I went to WDW last month, I had a great time despite some setbacks I had an illness and it was too late to reschedule so I could not eat hardly anything the entire trip, no character cupcakes :(. The weather during my trip was great, it hardly rained so I never got to use my disney poncho. I went to downtown disney for the first time in five years, and the place has definitely improved, I made a custom disney tee there so I won't forget.One thing that I could of never thought could happen at WDW, is that my brother dropped the key to his rental scooter at the Jungle Cruise at the loading dock and it fell off the boat, the staff there looked for over an hour with nets and even a magnet in the water which was very nice ( my brother and I got a free fast passes too). My brother ended up getting a replacement key with no extra charge, so my brother was very lucky. I stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter this year for five nights and it is honestly now my favorite moderate because of less walking mostly, after previously staying at the Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs. I bought five disney shirts this trip (I saved a lot of money I'll never spend that much next trip),but my favorite thing I bought at WDW was a grizzly bear puppet at animal kingdom. I also got to do the behind the seeds tour at Epcot, I learned a lot of information. My next trip to WDW is hopefully this year again, but probably later next year. I always have a great time at disney, but next trip I plan to spend more time at the resort and I'll be able to eat the things I missed. Sorry if this is hard to read if anyone bothered to read this lol, I'm typing this on my iPad. Once I start talking/typing about WDW, it goes all over the place.
Anyway I'm sorry to read that your trip to WDW had some less than enjoyable moments.

Last edited:
I went to WDW last month, I had a great time despite some setbacks I had an illness and it was too late to reschedule so I could not eat hardly anything the entire trip, no character cupcakes :(. The weather during my trip was great, it hardly rained so I never got to use my disney poncho. I went to downtown disney for the first time in five years, and the place has definitely improved, I made a custom disney tee there so I won't forget.One thing that I could of never thought could happen at WDW, is that my brother dropped the key to his rental scooter at the Jungle Cruise at the loading dock and it fell off the boat, the staff there looked for over an hour with nets and even a magnet in the water which was very nice ( my brother and I got a free fast passes too). My brother ended up getting a replacement key with no extra charge, so my brother was very lucky. I stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter this year for five nights and it is honestly now my favorite moderate because of less walking mostly, after previously staying at the Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs. I bought five disney shirts this trip (I saved a lot of money I'll never spend that much next trip),but my favorite thing I bought at WDW was a grizzly bear puppet at animal kingdom. I also got to do the behind the seeds tour at Epcot, I learned a lot of information. My next trip to WDW is hopefully this year again, but probably later next year. I always have a great time at disney, but next trip I plan to spend more time at the resort and I'll be able to eat the things I missed. Sorry if this is hard to read if anyone bothered to read this lol, I'm typing this on my iPad. Once I start talking/typing about WDW, it goes all over the place.
Anyway I'm sorry to read that your trip to WDW had some less than enjoyable moments.
man i wish i had made something at downtown disney lol whether it be a shirt or sewn ears
that was really nice of them to help, wouldnt honestly expect that, and youre lucky you got to ride JC >.< it rained so i missed that too
i hope you have fun on your trip -hugs-
sigh well that's alright i guess, maybe land will be better someday

I'm sorry about your bad trip, it seems sometimes the older you become the less magical things are. if you go again maybe try going during September/oct, those months in my opinion are some of the best, less crowded cause all the kiddies are back in school. i hope you ankle gets better:)

I'm sorry about your bad trip, it seems sometimes the older you become the less magical things are. if you go again maybe try going during September/oct, those months in my opinion are some of the best, less crowded cause all the kiddies are back in school. i hope you ankle gets better:)
i felt the magic at first then it just declined :/ that's not a bad idea, thank you
and it is :)

Aww I'm sorry you injured you're foot on the trip. It's Florida's thing that in late spring into the summer it rains every afternoon.
I have tendinitis in my ankle so I know all about walking long distances, and having it swell up on me. My Mom had to use a scooter the last time I went to WDW which was back in 2006, and she was amazed at how many people don't pay attention to their surroundings and ran into her.

Also a bit off topic: I just got back from Florida today, and the temps were brutal this past week. I tried to go to St. Augustine to do touristy things, and I got heat exhaustion within 30 minutes to an hour! That was at 9am too and barely anything was open at the time, so I felt like I completely ruined the outing.

Aww I'm sorry you injured you're foot on the trip. It's Florida's thing that in late spring into the summer it rains every afternoon.
I have tendinitis in my ankle so I know all about walking long distances, and having it swell up on me. My Mom had to use a scooter the last time I went to WDW which was back in 2006, and she was amazed at how many people don't pay attention to their surroundings and ran into her.

Also a bit off topic: I just got back from Florida today, and the temps were brutal this past week. I tried to go to St. Augustine to do touristy things, and I got heat exhaustion within 30 minutes to an hour! That was at 9am too and barely anything was open at the time, so I felt like I completely ruined the outing.
it as brutal at first for me then it was just cloudy all week and sprinkles, not so bad but that was after the day of magic kingdom -o-