welp, goodbye here soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaleighRose

Shut up, and dance with me!
lol peoples first reaction probably is "who are you anyways?"
well maybe youve played a game of pirates with me or saw me in a guestroom idk.

ANYWAYS, after the ride competition i'm gonna stop playing myvmk. Im always off and on anyways but im not really progressing in anyway, if that makes sense. i have a friends list of a whoppin' 3 players(never talked to any of them) and i've been playing for like 5 months now :o
i'm a pretty quiet person overall but i dont think it made any difference. in my opinion the game is kinda cliquey and it seems like not everyone can always fit in...i'll often sit in trade rooms or pirates lobby in silence occasionally commenting on a conversation but yeah doesnt go any further from there(how depressing lol) i had a lot of friends on the original vmk so I guess that also makes an impact on why it feels so lonely on myvmk now.

I have some stuff of value that ill probably get rid of(ooo now everyone wants to be my friend now, no just kidding.) so keep watch for that.

im not salty about any of this, ive always been a more shy person and i have terrible social anxiety, so im used to these feelings. sometimes it just sucks seeing so many people talking and hanging out in game and me just feeling how i do. but anyways, it was fun to relive my childhood ! :)

p.s: might stay on the forums, I like the graphics and art section of the forums.
I know the feeling. I've been playing for 6 months now. I speak to no one pretty much. I have one friend who I know in person and when were around others I get ignored. He trolls and won't shut up (still love him) so he makes friends easily. If you ever make the room for people like us, I'll come in a sit in the corner and be silent with all of you:-).

Lindsay

I agree. This game has it's cliques and it's like if you're not already in it, don't bother talking. It does sometimes feel like I sit in silence most of the time unless I'm in a trade room. Honestly trading is all I really do on here anymore, but I find it enjoyable :P I personally find it best to just avoid rooms that are filled with the cliquey chatter and find smaller ones to chill in. You can meet more people that way and sometimes good friends :3

I hope you decide to stick around and create your meet and greet room. Seems like a lot of people are interested in going! If you decide to still leave, though, good luck with your future endeavors!

I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm sure great friends are out there; you just haven't found them yet! :halcyon: if you ever wanna talk to anyone about whatever feel free to pm me. :D

asyuna

Hey guys! yes I will begin working on that room sometime soon now, i've just been waiting for the ride competition results to come in so I could snag some furniture out of it to use :) i'll let you all know!!

Well... I am sorry to see that you aren't staying after all. Sometimes a break can be all that is needed and maybe we will see you again in the future. Take care :hug:

RebeccaRock

I was the same way in the game. I don't talk a lot, so I never got to really meet/become friends with anyone. When POTC opened, I spent time playing and watching people and how they talked to others. After playing with some folks for a night and watching how they interacted with the other players, along with me, I though to myself, they seem nice. They were, and I starting talking to them and we became friends.

When I felt the same way you did, what I started looking for when playing in POTC was to watch for the people that we start off each round with "gl" (good luck) and whether they win or lose, how did they speak to others. The nice people will, even if they lose, congratulate the others or say "gg" (good game). I stayed away from the people that seems competitive or arrogant.

Try to play with the same group of people for a little while, in one sitting, and when you see they are nice in how the interact with others, go say hi and then thank them for letting you play with them. If they respond kindly, send a friend request. That's how I started and I have a ever growing group of people to hang around with now. We all do like to play together, but because we have become friends, not because we are a clique. As we meet new people, we bring them into the group and introduce them to the others. My friends are growing this way.

If you ever see me in POTC, please come say hi. I'll be your friend and will introduce you to your friends that you just have not met yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.