Where did the calender go?

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it! I'm looking for the Calender that has all the users birthdays! (Not the Host Event Calender) I usually like to wish people happy birthday when they age and that calender was a huuge help for me tbh. Iv been looking for it every since the forum update - but iv had no luck, please help! :P

Jasmine

There's a module/widget mod that would put it on the sidebar near the Online Users list. Could it be added?

Jasmine

Is there any real benefit to adding bulk?
Couldn't the same question have been applied to the mod for users who are currently viewing a thread though (and possibly other mods, like the portal, as well)? Installing both mods is beneficial because someone's going to use them. A lot of us wish people happy birthday... it just makes it easier. It's certainly not necessary, but it would be a nice addition.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
Couldn't the same question have been applied to the mod for users who are currently viewing a thread though (and possibly other mods, like the portal, as well)? Installing both mods is beneficial because someone's going to use them. A lot of us wish people happy birthday... it just makes it easier. It's certainly not necessary, but it would be a nice addition.
I agree with this. It doesn't make a difference adding it to the members list, since there's already extra bulk on the forums like the 'Users Who Are Viewing This Thread' one, and many users enjoy wishing others a happy birthday, especially so they don't feel neglected and ignored.

Jasmine

You can also see who's online, and if you wanted to see if they were viewing a particular thread, you could just check their activity.
The users viewing this thread mod just makes it easier to tell who's viewing what thread, especially if someone wanted to know if a person in particular was viewing the thread (such as a staff member). The birthdays widget makes it easier to see who's birthday it is. Honestly, there's no difference between the two mods because neither is actually "needed" and both have ways to be checked without the mods.

Except for the fact ultimately it is our decision. All birthdays for the day are easily visible as stated by Silhouette. However it is not said the same for who is viewing a thread

Jasmine

I never said it wasn't. Of course they're viewable, but this is about ease of access, especially for those who don't know how to navigate Xenforo well. The whole point of the users viewing a thread mod is also about ease of access, as you just stated. It's certainly not necessary and some may even find it somewhat stalkerish. Anyways, you're obviously not going to install the mod, so just never mind.

I never said it wasn't. Of course they're viewable, but this is about ease of access, especially for those who don't know how to navigate Xenforo well. The whole point of the users viewing a thread mod is also about ease of access, as you just stated. It's certainly not necessary and some may even find it somewhat stalkerish. Anyways, you're obviously not going to install the mod, so just never mind.
The mod introduces something else that we use to moderate the forums, we just extended a portion of the "Users Who Are Viewing This Thread" mod to you guys as it existed before and is already there. But really, you click "Members" and bam.

There are plenty of things you have to navigate to... if we put every "quick access" link on the front page, you'd be scrolling for hours. We just feel that isn't necessary. Again, you can navigate to the members list by easily clicking the Members tab's dropdown for Registered Members. If there are any birthdays, it will show up on the right side of the page.

Jasmine

The mod introduces something else that we use to moderate the forums, we just extended a portion of the "Users Who Are Viewing This Thread" mod to you guys as it existed before and is already there. But really, you click "Members" and bam.
I'm aware of the mod (because there's only a few that add that functionality and work for xF 1.3), but we were specifically talking about member usage of it and how it isn't necessary in that sense. Then again, I suppose no mod is absolutely "necessary". (@Silhouette, I already said it wasn't necessary, but that it would be a nice addition considering it's such a simple mod and certainly doesn't harm anything.)

Once again, it's not going to be installed anyway, so I guess we're done here. :hat: