Why is it better to go to WDW during January than in the Spring?

Bindingkey

as a local, it seems as if off season doesn't exist anymore :/ i can't tell you the last time I've gone to disney & was like wow it's DEAD.
Maybe i'm just unlucky & always pick bad days to go oh well have fun!
There's still a lot of new attractions, the crowds will even out eventually it's just going to take time.

rlsmelly

There's still a lot of new attractions, the crowds will even out eventually it's just going to take time.
not really? nothing is really that new except at magic kingdom, which i find to be the main problem because everywhere is a half-day park except magic kingdom + the majority of people who go are families with kids so they want to be in magic kingdom anyways! But Im sure the crowd distribution will be equal within the next couple of years with multiple things opening across the other parks. I wish epcot got a lil more attention with new experiences but I'm sure it won't happen until everything else is finished.

Bindingkey

not really? nothing is really that new except at magic kingdom, which i find to be the main problem because everywhere is a half-day park except magic kingdom + the majority of people who go are families with kids so they want to be in magic kingdom anyways! But Im sure the crowd distribution will be equal within the next couple of years with multiple things opening across the other parks. I wish epcot got a lil more attention with new experiences but I'm sure it won't happen until everything else is finished.
I say "new attraction" as a flexible term for for all the new things going on in the resort. Crowds will still be pouring into Magic Kingdom for New Fantasyland for a few more years, Animal Kingdom's heavily into the construction for AVATAR, Epcot will be opening Frozen Ever After and a revamped Norway AND now they've established changes to Soarin, Hollywood Studios is still headlining Frozen on top of the new Star Wars changes going on for the next year as well as the plans for Star Wars Land, and let's also not forget that Disney Springs is also getting a lot more attention. A lot of new stuff is happening in WDW, and the crowds are generally peaking off-season because people want to check out these changes. And the in-park crowds will only get worse when the new stuff at the other parks have their construction walls down. Magic Kingdom's levels will at least generally even out as more people go to see the other parks.