Wikipedia ?

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone was down to create a Wikipedia page for this game ? I know it's fairly early but I love helping out with these to benefit other players. I'm not sure if there's a cost to this. I've never made one, only helped in updating it as much as possible.

Thanks,
Lyn

Oswald

Lynny said:
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone was down to create a Wikipedia page for this game ? I know it's fairly early but I love helping out with these to benefit other players. I'm not sure if there's a cost to this. I've never made one, only helped in updating it as much as possible.

Thanks,
Lyn
I'm totally down for helping!!!

Faye

I think that would be a really good Idea further into the game. On other games I played they had a wiki with all the released items with the date of the release and how long it was released for. Also on host items it told what event it was from. I found it to be really helpful.

Faye said:
I think that would be a really good Idea further into the game. On other games I played they had a wiki with all the released items with the date of the release and how long it was released for. Also on host items it told what event it was from. I found it to be really helpful.
That would be great!

Faye said:
If we do get one up and running, I'll be sure to do all that and more (:

Fiyero

Not to be a debbie downer but to make an article on Wikipedia and not have it shut down within a few minutes, you have to follow Notability Guidelines which can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:N

The big point of all of that is this:
Information on Wikipedia must be verifiable; if no reliable third-party sources can be found on a topic, then it should not have a separate article.

That means that other sites, such as gaming magazines, newspapers, or any reputable 3rd party source must show some coverage and interest in what we are doing here. Unfortunately, no 3rd party is doing that right now.

I really am not trying to bash anyone's hopes, I just wouldn't want anyone spending a while putting together an article and have it taken down a few minutes after publishing. Perhaps in the future, when the game becomes a lot bigger, a wikipedia page will be possible!

HOWEVER, a MMK wiki would be cool, if you catch my drift ;)

Go right ahead! i would not be able to type up history and such that much...I leave it in community hands.

Andrew

I am a Wikipedia editor and I can confirm that creating a Wikipedia article about My Mystical Kingdom will be removed. As Fiyero said above, the website has to pass the notability test to have an article on Wikipedia (and right now the website is nowhere near close to passing the notability test). Also, the article would need reliable sources about the website, which are non-existent as of right now.