YODA MAGIC BANDS

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I made my way to WDW Hollywood Studios yesterday and i found something rather interesting, and a secret of sorts.

There are Yoda Star Wars Magic Bands for sale at one of the shops at Hollywood Studios.

Theres only like 5 left as of yesterday becuase I bought two.

Its in the shop called " The Dark Room ". Its the first shop on the right as you go into the park.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I never said it was a "secret" i said it was "like a secret" hence the words in my original post " a secret of sorts "

And also, its common knowledge these star wars magic bands were sold during the fifth week of star wars weekends. But hardly anybody knows they are still on sale at the Dark Room store.

I never said it was a "secret" i said it was "like a secret" hence the words in my original post " a secret of sorts "

And also, its common knowledge these star wars magic bands were sold during the fifth week of star wars weekends. But hardly anybody knows they are still on sale at the Dark Room store.
Heh, I didn't know.

Personally, I'd only buy one if it was covered in Pluto.

For those of you interested, a new LE MagicBand was released yesterday:

...for one more. :giggle:

LOVE it!
My mom is friend's with the guy who designed it. Pretty cool dude! :D

AlphaTheEdge

Ok the fact tht they are make more designs is SO COOL. I know these are glitchy and have their issues.. But it's a huge step for theme parks. And obviously Disney being the greatest they have to be the ones to test it. Regardless, I AM EXCITED. Please get me a Buzz and Woody one

would someone mind telling me what a magic band is and its functions?
I posted this on another thread awhile ago :)
They are wristbands that you can wear to:
  • Enter the Theme Parks
Instead of using a regular Theme Park Ticket. Just simply tap your MagicBand, put your finger on the scanner, and enter!
  • Use your FastPass+
Fastpass+ is like the old Fastpass, if you remember that. But instead of going to the attraction and getting a time, you can book them ahead of time. 60 days ahead for Resort Guests, 30 days ahead for everyone else. You get 3 Fastpasses per day, and can book additional Fastpasses for the day after you have used those 3 at the park.
  • Use PhotoPass
PhotoPass is Disney's professional pictures, you can get them taken at various places around the park and at most character meet and greets.
  • Pay for merchandise and food (Only if staying at a Resort)

Resort guests and Passholders get their MagicBands for free.
If you are staying at a Resort, you can choose between Blue, Pink, Green, Orange, Yellow, Red, or Grey. They will be shipped to your house before you leave for your vacation.

If you are not staying at a Resort, you can simply use your Theme Park ticket to enter the park and use your Fastpass+, And they will give you a separate card for PhotoPass.
Or, you can purchase a MagicBand for $13. They also have Anna, Elsa, and Olaf MagicBands for sale at Hollywood Studios. Sometimes there are Limited Edition bands, but those of course, will vary.

They work by using RFID technology. All you have to do it tap the MagicBand on one of the RFID scanners to use it, Same way the current tickets work too.

Ok the fact tht they are make more designs is SO COOL. I know these are glitchy and have their issues.. But it's a huge step for theme parks. And obviously Disney being the greatest they have to be the ones to test it. Regardless, I AM EXCITED. Please get me a Buzz and Woody one
It's actually a huge financial loss. :giggle: "Nothing can go wrong" they said. ...famous last words, LOL! There are still a LOT of problems that need sorting out. Disneyland is a long way away from even being able to support the technology, so it makes me wonder if they're even going to bother. They aren't making a good profit, from what I've heard.

The technology isn't new - but this is the first time it's being used on this scale, I believe. I was super exited about them too, but it serves no use to me unless they create a version for CM's. :/ I like to wear my old ones with Bandits for the fun of it, but they keep falling off and getting lost in the Park. >:[

would someone mind telling me what a magic band is and its functions?
You can learn about them here:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/bands-cards/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/bands-cards/understanding-magic-band/

It's basically a RFID bracelet device that "unlocks the magic", meaning you now use it as your ticket, FastPass, resort room key, and payment by tapping Mickey heads. You can plan your entire itinerary online. It's a clever idea, but it isn't without flaws. :p I honestly don't like it very much.

They rolled out last summer.