Mickey Ears in the Catalogue Mk II

How long should black Mickey ears be in the catalogue for?

• A day

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Three days

Votes: 85 28.3%
  • A week

Votes: 58 19.3%
  • A month

Votes: 27 9.0%
  • Three months

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Six months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A year

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • On special occasions

Votes: 61 20.3%
  • Once per week

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Forever

Votes: 39 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas

I'd say on special occasions! but still not very often!

I'd like special occasions. The ears were never rare, and really never should be, but at the same time, they should be special! They're a staple of Disney, and not something that I think has any particular need to be restricted to people who get here first. #EarsForAll

I'd say first 3 days then through out the game on special occasions should be fine. :)

I would love to see the black ears available to purchase for everyone, forever. These ears are a Disney icon and something everyone associates with visits to the park. I would love to see other varieties of ears be special, but let all guests be able to wear these ears around the kingdom. :)

I would love to see the black ears available to purchase for everyone, forever. These ears are a Disney icon and something everyone associates with visits to the park. I would love to see other varieties of ears be special, but let all guests be able to wear these ears around the kingdom. :)
Ok so PrincessWendyBird's post has made me re-think. I do agree that maybe using other ears, and new kinds of ears (such as Minnie headband or Duffy ears), as 'rare' and special items is better. Thank you for that Wendy :)

Also, another thought, these polls on lengths of time in there need to go. The primary reason to have items time-limited is to make them rare. If we know exactly when they will go away, we know when we have to stock up on them until, vastly inflating the supply, and making them vaguely not easy to get rather than rare to any significant degree.

cruise

Ok, so I voted on special occasions mainly because the black ears in VMK were obtained by making your character in the park. So to make the black ears special and yet available to everyone at some point, just release them on occasion in the specials tab. It would be like real ears that I can usually only get if I happen to travel to the park. So people could still get them but just on occasion. They don't have to be announced, just have something in the newsletter (if you are going to have one) that would state "black ears on sale this week". Just a thought.

Thomas

This is just my opinion, but i think that items that were limited in VMK, should be limited here on MyVMK. For alot of people trading was a big part of their VMK experience, and making items accessable to everyone at anytime will take away that part that alot of us enjoyed. I know that tradeing and merchanting wont be so big in the start, but when we get more people to join, and and the community begins the grow the trading aspect will also start to escalate!

Kitten

Kittens inspired by kittens!
I think they should be released the first few days (or week) of open beta just to give everyone a little something, then also released later on in the game somehow after beta. Just so they're not super duper rare later on.

Forever. ONLY for the BLACK mickey ears. All other ears are considered "special occasion" ears and should be available for a limited time. For example, Halloween ears should be available for 3 days including Halloween and the next two or the prior two and Halloween whichever is more convenient. The only exception should be the BLACK mickey ears. Like I said in my last post on this topic, you should always be able to get at least one color of ears no matter when you join.

My sentiments exactly PrincessWendyBird! Black ears should be availabel to all. Sell different colored/style ears as special items.

Alyce

Younger than Dirt..Older than Disneyland
Forever. ONLY for the BLACK mickey ears. All other ears are considered "special occasion" ears and should be available for a limited time. For example, Halloween ears should be available for 3 days including Halloween and the next two or the prior two and Halloween whichever is more convenient. The only exception should be the BLACK mickey ears. Like I said in my last post on this topic, you should always be able to get at least one color of ears no matter when you join.
I agree, Black forever and other ears for "special occasions". Purchasing Black ears in a Disney Park is a tradition. Why not offer the ability to continue the tradition. This might be as close as some can get to visiting a Disney Park.

Drowsy

I think the black ears are the most special of all the ear colors. It may be nice if they were available for a couple days every year as a celebration of MyVMK opening.

I honestly don't remember a lot of people having black mickey ears in the original VMK, and we should keep it that way. I think it should only be sold for one day or just for special events.

Status
Not open for further replies.