Fireworks Credits - System

Highest score was more than 9000. :)

InaDaze

The Confused One.
No TY. I was worried about it reverting from MyVMK's 0.2 payout to VMK's 0.1 payout. 0.2 is pretty ideal. Perhaps drop to .15 when other games launch.
I think the current system for fireworks is fine. As it's already at 2x credits for being the only mini-game available right now. I agree with Jedi that it should be lowered when more mini-games are opened. Maybe like when a second game opens go down to .15 and then when a third or the final mini-game out of the originals open the credits should be back down 0.1.

I don't understand why everyone wants more credits now. Everyone argues over this, but in my opinion you're all arguing over the wrong thing. As mentioned before but never really discussed the prices of the items should be dropped if anything. Changing the credit system constantly is just damaging the game more. It would be much simpler to lower prices of items.

Now I may have presented another argument but I actually believe nothing needs to be changed with the game, I was just stating another argument that would be much simpler than pouring credits in to the economy. Fireworks was just released and has numerous bugs. If you can have patience and let Amy and the staff worry about fixing those bugs then things will begin to work.

Wow... and this is what I was afraid of. People complaining wanting the game to be made easier. Pathetic. Not even worth playing this game if it goes down this path.
I agree with Disney. This idea of how the credits give is simply too many credits in to the economy for the amount of effort you might put in to the game. I mean 1000 points give 500 credits? That's completely absurd. The amount of effort you put in to a game will equal the credits you deserve for that game. If you don't take time to practice than what you score speaks for how much you should earn.

It is my understanding that the game currently awards 1/10 of the score earned and in general it takes about 10 minutes to play one game (the game wont send me back to the lobby, so i'm going by the number in the top left as the number of credits i should have earned.). The average person earns what, 2000 to 2500 points per round? So, at 1/10 the point value, most people are going to no more than 300 credits per round. So, assuming a person earns 300 credits per round, that's 7 games per hat and 34 games per magic. At an average of ten minutes per game, that's just over an hour to earn one hat. With the prices of items being as high as they are now, it seems fair to me that the credits earned by fireworks should temporarily increase. 1/2 seems a little excessive, but I can see 1/4 or even 1/3 being an option until additional mini games are released. If the payout was increased to 1/4 of the score, then a person would have to earn 4000 points to earn 1000 credits. Aside from more advanced players and players who play constantly, most people are very rarely going to reach 4000 points and if they're seriously worried about inflation, they could simply cap the max payout at 1000 or 1500 credits. Once additional games have been released, they can lower the payout to 1/10 because everyone will have other chances to earn credits and there will no longer be a need for a higher payout.

It is my understanding that the game currently awards 1/10 of the score earned and in general it takes about 10 minutes to play one game (the game wont send me back to the lobby, so i'm going by the number in the top left as the number of credits i should have earned.). The average person earns what, 2000 to 2500 points per round? So, at 1/10 the point value, most people are going to no more than 300 credits per round. So, assuming a person earns 300 credits per round, that's 7 games per hat and 34 games per magic. At an average of ten minutes per game, that's just over an hour to earn one hat. With the prices of items being as high as they are now, it seems fair to me that the credits earned by fireworks should temporarily increase. 1/2 seems a little excessive, but I can see 1/4 or even 1/3 being an option until additional mini games are released. If the payout was increased to 1/4 of the score, then a person would have to earn 4000 points to earn 1000 credits. Aside from more advanced players and players who play constantly, most people are very rarely going to reach 4000 points and if they're seriously worried about inflation, they could simply cap the max payout at 1000 or 1500 credits. Once additional games have been released, they can lower the payout to 1/10 because everyone will have other chances to earn credits and there will no longer be a need for a higher payout.
right now i gives out 1/5, not 1/10, but i'd say an average score is 1000-1500 (i can't make over 1100). i 100% think it needs to give more credits, and i think a cap system would also be the way to go, if credit earnings were like 1/4 of your score, or put the scoring system to the way it was before, caps being at 500-750 per game.

i think a lot of people would think that is fair. everyone had their favorite game in vmk, or the one they were good at and could make money at, and fireworks wasn't that for a lot of people. as more games are introduced, i can see the score doing down for sure.

all i know is that at the rate it is now, it would take me (and a lot of other people) an hour to make 1000 credits and i don't think that's quite enough for now when we can only get a max of 300 a day from npcs, if you can even collect them every 12 hours, which a lot of people can't.

it shouldn't be ridiculously easy to make credits, no, but it shouldn't be so hard either.

Geggy

Currently, the payout is 1/5th (2/10ths) of your score. In VMK it was 1/10th.

Let's think about the ramifications of two of the propositions I've read on this thread. If the payout is equal to your score, then each game I play will pay me around 4,000 credits. If the payout is 1/2 of your score, then I will be making around 2,000 credits each game.

I don't think many people will be happy with either of those scenarios, to be honest.

booglie

I think the amount of credits we get from fireworks should be increased to about 1/3 the amount of points, but only until more ways to get credits are available. I also read someone's idea of putting a cap on how many credits you can get per game, which to me seems like a good way to go. I personally would like to see the cap at around 750. I would like the game to work just like it did back in VMK but for now it just doesn't seem like enough. With each game being 10 minutes long, and there being no other way to get credits (other than 150 a day from NPCs) I think this is a good temporary solution

Eh, I think people need motivation to get better at the games. Just as in life, people should have to do *some* work for things they want rather than just have it handed to them.

That said, I still worry at the rate which items are being released and pulled from shops (though that may be starting to improve slightly). But this comes from a concern that people (myself included) will become burnt out and that the number of active players will drop significantly.

Geggy

Eh, I think people need motivation to get better at the games. Just as in life, people should have to do *some* work for things they want rather than just have it handed to them.

That said, I still worry at the rate which items are being released and pulled from shops (though that may be starting to improve slightly). But this comes from a concern that people (myself included) will become burnt out and that the number of active players will drop significantly.
I agree!...and am also concerned about burnout. That last year of VMK was so tiring... :(

Currently, the payout is 1/5th (2/10ths) of your score. In VMK it was 1/10th.

Let's think about the ramifications of two of the propositions I've read on this thread. If the payout is equal to your score, then each game I play will pay me around 4,000 credits. If the payout is 1/2 of your score, then I will be making around 2,000 credits each game.

I don't think many people will be happy with either of those scenarios, to be honest.
Couldn't agree more. I think, as it currently is, the payout system is more than generous. I was thoroughly happy when I saw I was earning 20% of my score instead of the expected 10% back in credits.

For all the people who are not where they would like to be, scoring wise; practice. All of us who are decent/good at this game didn't join in our first round and come out with a 3,000+ score; we had to play over and over, learning each time from mistakes, learning to better our timing in order to get the most points, learning how to score more with combos, and such. If you apply yourself and actively look for ways to improve, you can do so within a reasonable amount of time. By not wanting to improve yourself/your skills, you're, effectively, giving up, vying for a way to be given something more for giving less on your end. Apply yourself.

On another hand, even if one of these 'more credits' systems were implemented, it's almost a guarantee that the prices of items would rise dramatically, putting you in the same situation as before; yes, you have some credits, but not enough for your liking. This is a basic economic principle, a little something called 'inflation', which we already have enough of as the game currently is.

Apply yourself, and reap the rewards.

-rant over-

I think we should get more credits, just until another game is released. I personally don't like fireworks so I don't play often, which makes it hard for me to obtain credits. I know its not like VMK, but we need some help until the game gets more games. Thats my opinion.

Monorail

I think we should get more credits, just until another game is released. I personally don't like fireworks so I don't play often, which makes it hard for me to obtain credits. I know its not like VMK, but we need some help until the game gets more games. Thats my opinion.
Personally, I think where it is now is fine. Below average players can easily make 400 credits a game with a bit of effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I vote to keep it how it is currently. I'm not particularly good at Fireworks (I get around 500 credits a pop) but I think the amount people currently get for scores is fine. As BaseballStarz said, it's the same as VMK's original system and so it should be fine.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
Yeah, no changing anymore. I would find it really unfair if it gets raised anymore than it already is. I earn above 750 a game. I've practiced quite a bit since it first opened and with combos added in it makes it vastly different from just going for flawless.

yes please, if they would have kept the shell game I would never play the fireworks game, its possibly my least favorite i could make more credits in shells in 10 minutes then i could in 15 minutes of fireworks, and plus the economy we have now the fireworks game is our only hope! they decreased both the yeti and esmerelda to 50 credits!
The shell game is still in the captains quarters but points are only 10 credits instead of 25 now

Kirllan

Forever Noob!
Hey, you guys want more credits? Get better at the game. Kids these days have no motivation to do better at something always getting the easy way over the hard way like our ancestors had to work for it. VMK Fireworks Remixed was perfect as it was and gave me the motivation to do better. I was told after a game of Fireworks Remixed back in 2008 before VMK closed 'Hey, you sure beat me good'. I replied, 'I did not set out to beat you, I need more credits dude!' Simple as that. You all want more credits? Get better at the game.