So what happened today on VMK?

daniellevk

While waiting to get into the Host room. Random messages were appearing, pretty sure it wasn't the staff and I hope it wasnt amy. Im assuming the game was being hacked and I just want to know how did it get to this point where someone can easily hack into the game and take over the server?

No hacker! It was the staff just messing around with each other. It wasn't anything major, it lasted all of 5 minutes. We can have fun too ya know!
- Angel/Nala :halcyon: :paw:

Edit: This was around the time the "boot monster" was kicking players from the room, so we were answering all the calls, bringing everyone back in, testing what could have caused it, rebooting the server, etc.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Many of us were very confused about what was going on during Crash's pin trading event. To write into cfh and complain about something but not gross? Then then banter back and forth. I can say that the group I was with were not impressed and confused. My first thought we were hacked. Because of the banter. I am not even sure Amy wrote that because I would not expect that from the leader of the game. Or were they testing something and wanted to test the system for extreme calls for help. Then that would make sense I guess. However not explaining what was going on left many players shaking their heads.

Just before this time a load screen loaded items I guess but managed to kick people out of queue. So when they reloaded, it said you missed your queue. Well you then added to the queue again. Then there was a full crash again and when you got back on you found that you lost your place again.

So the game was very glitchy tonight. Hosts dcing . I hope this was testing of the game. If not I can say I was very disappointed by what was happening.

PS now that we know it was a joke maybe communicating it to the players and not waiting hours to tell us. Might have gone over better maybe.

Last edited:
This is like the most unprofessional thing I've seen so far on here, I mean sure have "fun" between you both but to involve it messaging players or being public? i wasn't here when this happened but to call it "having funr" isn't exactly right. can you imagine staff in a store saying silly/unproffessional things over a tannoy, I'm pretty sure they would be fired.

Yes! For sure but I think something deeper is going on. I couldn't call for help or articulate what was happening because everything I did turned to code. My HM vacuum wouldn't work & when I tried to tell the other player what was happening - my font was wingdings & deleting only made it go forward. I can't even see 20% of the myvmk window in Mozilla.

Yes! For sure but I think something deeper is going on. I couldn't call for help or articulate what was happening because everything I did turned to code. My HM vacuum wouldn't work & when I tried to tell the other player what was happening - my font was wingdings & deleting only made it go forward. I can't even see 20% of the myvmk window in Mozilla.
That is very strange.. Did you happen to be logged in on another browser/launcher? I know sometimes if you're on 2 accounts the font on one of them will get messed up and interfere with everything.

This is like the most unprofessional thing I've seen so far on here, I mean sure have "fun" between you both but to involve it messaging players or being public? i wasn't here when this happened but to call it "having funr" isn't exactly right. can you imagine staff in a store saying silly/unproffessional things over a tannoy, I'm pretty sure they would be fired.
Gotta agree with you there, it was definitely confusing seeing the banter between staff in the in-game announcements DIRECTLY AFTER a game-wide dc, a time where the in-game announcements would help notify everybody what happened but instead we had staff using it to mess around. I'm all for having fun, that is the main purpose of the game after all, but as in-game staff, I feel they should be professional when it comes to things like this. There's a time and place for everything, and a time where a lot of people would be confused with what's going on is not the time to mess around and cause further confusion.

But hey, that's just me.

Kirllan

Forever Noob!
Yup, I thought it was hack from a 'going postal' ex-staff. Well, either way the event went on as planned regardless of technical issues. I finally had a satisfactory pin trade for the first time since MyVMK started so I have no complaints. I got Happy and Love Mickey pins and I cannot be more happy. Thanks Staff :)

Yup, I thought it was hack from a 'going postal' ex-staff. Well, either way the event went on as planned regardless of technical issues. I finally had a satisfactory pin trade for the first time since MyVMK started so I have no complaints. I got Happy and Love Mickey pins and I cannot be more happy. Thanks Staff :)
I'm glad things went well for you and you see no harm came from this. The pinset is super cute and there's plenty more in-stored for this month with the help of our new designers. :)

I was highly confused as well. I'm all about having fun and kicking up your feet and being laid back but after everything that has happened/is going on, it was just highly unprofessional and some of it even attention seeking. We want to respect staff because after all they are all in a higher position than the players but just as much, it needs to be gained and it can't be if what little we have already is hanging by a thread and behave like children. If this was almost 3 years ago when I started playing, I would have normally laughed and thought it was funny but now all I could do is shake my head. On occasion, bad situations occur and there's been a noticeable pattern with just trying to "ignore" it with something fun or random but it never worked and it's just unnecessary at this point. Restore the game by taking our community feedback as I've seen recently with actually taking our suggestions and I love that but instead of wasting time, put that time to fixing some of the stuff that needs to be fixed. Fun times can come later on when things are running smoothly (time and place for everything).

Last edited:
ok dang y'all i wasn't on when it happened but cHILL oh my god this isn't some business meeting in some professional company this is literally a children's game run by (mostly) young adults

i don't even know what happened but a lot of these posts r rlly critical ??? can we just remember that staff aren't being paid for the hours they put into this game and a lot of staff don't even play on their normal account b/c of the negativity associated w/ their position ??? i'm all for asking for what u want from staff but dang we're demanding a lot from a group of volunteers

@Angel ur responses have been v polite and ty for addressing ppl's problems ur acting like a real pal !

daniellevk

I completely understand that staff is trying to have fun, trust me we all get bored on this game sometimes. But.. with the VMK community sort-of upset with how everything is being handled its not the appropriate time for this. I know that the staff are volunteers on this game and i appreciate it, but if you decide to volunteer then use your time efficiently .

ok dang y'all i wasn't on when it happened but cHILL oh my god this isn't some business meeting in some professional company this is literally a children's game run by (mostly) young adults

i don't even know what happened but a lot of these posts r rlly critical ??? can we just remember that staff aren't being paid for the hours they put into this game and a lot of staff don't even play on their normal account b/c of the negativity associated w/ their position ??? i'm all for asking for what u want from staff but dang we're demanding a lot from a group of volunteers

@Angel ur responses have been v polite and ty for addressing ppl's problems ur acting like a real pal !
might not be a professional company but I'm sure a lot of people expect a level of professionalism when it comes to things like this, especially as in-game leaders.

and yeah, we all know that, and we are all appreciative of the extra time and effort that the staff doesn't have to put in but they put in anyways to make this game run. the majority of the people that criticize the staff are those that really care about the game, and want the game to be successful and better. I constantly tell myself that I would hate to be staff right now because they're putting in a lot of time and effort but they're receiving a lot of backlash right now, but as someone who's seeing what's going on, the backlash isn't irrational.
and what makes any game better? feedback, feedback from the playerbase, the ones that see how the game is perceived by the majority of the players. and that includes both positive and negative feedback, and like danielle and others have said, during this time where a lot of players are upset with how the game is being run should be the time where those who run the game try and address issues/concerns and not messing around. like I said in my previous post, I'm all for having fun, but there's a time and place for everything.

Last edited:

We all know they are volunteers but they ARE staff, and staff should act professional no matter what age and that's to be expected of our leaders. If a teen works at a store and doesn't act how they are supposed to, they are fired. Not because of their age but because of their behavior. This is the very reason some people are upset. It's complained that we are too harsh on them but yet here's a perfectly good reason for why players are upset. There's obviously time to get on and mess around and confuse people but there isn't time to fix many issues on the game? Like I've said a million times before, I greatly appreciate their work, especially those who I see all the time helping the players and really trying (and thank you SO much, truly :hearts:) especially with some of our past staff and current ones, but there's still a lot to be worked on. There's plenty of time to mess around later on when things are running smoothly and have calmed down around here. It's tiring to get on the game and see people disappointed because something wasn't done the way we thought it would be or isn't done on time, but you know why I even play anymore? Because sure, after everything there's always attempts to make things right, even if they aren't all the best decisions, it's better than nothing at all and that's why I'm still here because the little girl inside me that once loved this game hopes that things will turn around even if it takes many many MANY bumps to get there.