Bullying going on

Well I think by now it's obvious that there is, of course, bullying going on around here.
It's mainly behind the scenes, but it's going on.

I just want to remind all of you, how it felt when VMK first closed. Don't take this game for granted. It may not last forever, so don't waste your time talking bad about others--or saying mean things to other people.
Stop wasting your time making this a negative experience, and instead help make it a positive one for everyone.

Myself, along with plenty of others, want this to be a fond memory. If you can't control yourself, then take a break for a while until you've learned self-restraint.

If you HAVE been bullying someone, then now is the time to reflect on what you've done--and admit it to yourself. Then, if you feel it is necessary, apologize to that person.
Anything you can do that can help better yourself. Bullying isn't a part of who you are, it's a terrible activity in which you take part.

I apologize for taking my sarcasm too far. It went too far, to the point of it becoming bullying itself. I owe everyone an apology.

Ranch

I apologize for taking my sarcasm too far.
It's no problem. I remember the time in one of my rooms you kept being obnoxious with some gal (which is fine by me), but she wasn't having it to where I had to boot you (separate you from her lol), but you showed me no respect and kept coming back in till Kevin himself had to throw you a warning.

Using you as an example within your thread, I wouldn't call you a bully, but if players can't show respect for one another, then ultimately, it's going to cost them what could be.. AWESOME friendships. I think you're a cool cool guy, but the lack of respect in the instance above, would explain why we do not hang out.

Be nice and respectful gang.. or be alone.

There's bullying going on anywhere, this game isn't an exception. But yes, we do need to raise awareness and eradicate as much bullying from this game as possible. My main concern is that the majority of the bullying is from older players who won't give the new players the time of day and make them feel like crud and take advantage of their inexperience... That really hurts me.

Okay so today people made a room on MyVMK bullying a staff member.
That staff member being Kevin.
This is not okay guys. Grow up.

Ranch

I think that "no kevin's allowed" room we always seen should have been abolished LONG ago. I'm sure staff tried to be considerate of our freedom to play.. but that kind of hating is not healthy in the long term of things and in the mind set of more.. simpler of minds.

Kay

i don't know
i don't think the room that was made today was considered bullying.
it is about a tweet that kevin made, and for a discussion about it.

anyway, yes, there is bullying in the kingdom, as there is with any game.
i hope that people decide to be more mature about matters.

i don't think the room that was made today was considered bullying.
it is about a tweet that kevin made, and for a discussion about it.

anyway, yes, there is bullying in the kingdom, as there is with any game.
i hope that people decide to be more mature about matters.
They were bashing him, actually. A select few were, but they were bashing him.
I wont say the things they were saying.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
They were bashing him, actually. A select few were, but they were bashing him.
I wont say the things they were saying.
Yeah. I've heard of people who were bashing him. I know exact usernames.

It's not right guys. Grow up. If you don't like somebody then walk away. But nobody wants to hear you talk badly about them behind their backs. That's just low and it makes you look really really really bad.

iamabigdisfan

Fact is people aren't going to stop because we asked. Most of us know it's wrong. It's up to staff to stop the bullying and disrespect to players and staff. We know some will continue to push staffs buttons to see how much they can get away with. If not seen by staff or reported to staff it will continue.

I really like what you said about bullying. We are all much older and more mature than we were in the first Vmk so we should know the consequences of bullying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried raising awareness to the bullying problem and it only made it worse. I have been targeted by yet another group of people who think its hilarious to say "neigh" to me (because apparently I look like a horse) and call me an "it". The bullying epidemic that is hitting the myvmk community is serious and is escalating to the point where this game is gonna be shut down if someone commits suicide because of the bullying. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that those who bully others are not being taken care of properly. And a lot of people are afraid to report the bullying because it makes the bullying worse.

I also think the reason that people bully the staff (mainly Kevin) is because the staff are NOT DOING A SINGLE THIG ABOUT IT. ban the players who participated in the "no Kevin's allowed" room. The fact that people get away with banning is the main reason that people continue to do it.
I understand giving a player a warning but how many warning does a player get before they are punished?
In my opinion, you get one wanting - do it again and you lose the opportunity to be in this community.
Cyber bullying is a serious issue - especially when directed towards staff - and NEEDS to be addressed.

Sorry for double post. On mobile.

[Q UOTE=MarthEX;91990]Is this game really that serious?[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying the game is serious, but CYBER BULLYING IS SERIOUS. Don't you dare think that just because it's game that the cyber bullying going on in the game is not serious either. The fact that people get away with calling other people an "it" and telling them they're "dumb" is ridiculous.
Little does anyone know, I have serious self-image issues and the fact that I'm told I'm "ugly" and an "it" makes me feel AWFUL about myself. I won't go into detail about my thoughts of self-harm.
Just because it's a game doesn't mean that other players words don't have an effect on me.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Yeah. I've heard of people who were bashing him. I know exact usernames.

It's not right guys. Grow up. If you don't like somebody then walk away. But nobody wants to hear you talk badly about them behind their backs. That's just low and it makes you look really really really bad.
This seems to be a recurring theme among certain individuals in this community. I will simply say this:

If you find yourself feeling a certain level of contempt for another user, and no longer wish to interact or communicate with that user, the way to deal with it is extremely simple. You part ways, and go on with your life. Why that is so difficult to do for some of these individuals is beyond my area of understanding.

There is no excuse, and no need for any one person to spend their time ruining the experience of another user simply because they do not agree and do not get along. You should have left the contact behind when you cut ties with that person and decided interaction was no longer something you wanted to partake in. Why would you waste your time following that person, harassing them, publicly ridiculing them? That is my question.

It's never appropriate or right to act this way toward any human being. We are all old enough to distinguish the difference between right and wrong, and bullying and mistreatment of a fellow user (regardless of rank) is wrong. Keep in mind how your actions can effect another person, and be conscious of what you choose to say or do towards another person.

That is all I will say on the matter.

They shouldn't. It's a game.
Yeah, it really shouldn't because it is a game. Unfortunately, it is happening on a game. And it needs to be taken care of. You thinking people shouldn't be effected by a "game" and what's said on this "game" is irrelevant. You may be able to handle someone calling you ugly ON A GAME but someone who has serious mental issues may not. I have felt so awful about myself I refuse to even go to school last week or even come out of my room. But it's just a game, right? Can't harm someone irl, right?

mark

10 mins late to everything
He did bother me, but like he was just doing his job and it would have bothered me if some other staff gave me a warning I don't think I complained but I have seen people complain how he uses VMK "for fun" and not as a staff I tried to defend him but she was really stubborn :P

This seems to be a recurring theme among certain individuals in this community. I will simply say this:

If you find yourself feeling a certain level of contempt for another user, and no longer wish to interact or communicate with that user, the way to deal with it is extremely simple. You part ways, and go on with your life. Why that is so difficult to do for some of these individuals is beyond my area of understanding.

There is no excuse, and no need for any one person to spend their time ruining the experience of another user simply because they do not agree and do not get along. You should have left the contact behind when you cut ties with that person and decided interaction was no longer something you wanted to partake in. Why would you waste your time following that person, harassing them, publicly ridiculing them? That is my question.

It's never appropriate or right to act this way toward any human being. We are all old enough to distinguish the difference between right and wrong, and bullying and mistreatment of a fellow user (regardless of rank) is wrong. Keep in mind how your actions can effect another person, and be conscious of what you choose to say or do towards another person.

That is all I will say on the matter.
I completely agree with all of that.

However, the thing is, it's a two-way street. I have decided to stop interacting with some players and leave them alone. But, like I said, a two-way street means the other players have to comply. I have been in a room, minding my own business and leaving players who I do not get alone with alone, and there they are talking about me right in front of my face. Calling me an "it", telling me they want me to "kindly go away", and all this other stuff.
You would think players who both acknowledge they can't get along would not say anything to another player; let alone say anything to try and start a fight.

The fact is: player harassments are NOT being taken care of and that's why players feel so entitled to say whatever they want to someone else in the game.

Yeah, it really shouldn't because it is a game. Unfortunately, it is happening on a game. And it needs to be taken care of. You thinking people shouldn't be effected by a "game" and what's said on this "game" is irrelevant. You may be able to handle someone calling you ugly ON A GAME but someone who has serious mental issues may not. I have felt so awful about myself I refuse to even go to school last week or even come out of my room. But it's just a game, right? Can't harm someone irl, right?

And are you expecting everything in the world to be tailored to your own insecurities? This is a game. Everything that happens here is irrelevant. If you're letting it stress you that much, you shouldn't be playing.

I agree people shouldn't be "bullying", but it's only a "serious epidemic" because you let it be.