Any K-pop fans out there?

kore said:
I really didn't expect that drama to go in that direction. And I know! I ship Soo Ha and Hye Sung so much. Favorite drama by far.
I thought there'd be some twist because of the age gap between the two. Haha.

KDRAMAS OMG THOSE ARE THE BEST I'm obsessed with them haha. I've pretty much seen everything that Park Shin Hye or Lee Min Ho are in!
Omg, I haven't been keeping up with kdramas either but I've been awaiting the premiere of Heirs with Park Shin Hye and Lee Min Ho. I have to say though, I like PSH, but a different heroine would've probably suited him better >_<. That's my baby.

Hi guys! I've met a couple of k-pop fans on MVMK, but I wondered if there were any more! I absolutely love k-pop, and I thought this would be the appropriate time to make this thread because I'm actually awaiting tonight's/tomorrow's MV release for SHINee's new song Everybody! I'm definitely a Shawol, but I want you to tell me about your own self! What fandoms are you apart of? Who are your biases? :)

Don't be shy, fellow k-poppers, come say hi!
Can we just add One Direction to the genre? I know how much you like them:) Maybe even throw in the Jonas Brothers as a bonus. I can call them up and have them perform at your next party!

Harmony

VMK's resident friendly ghost
Whoa I was gone like a day or so and so many posts o.o Haha! Melissa I'm glad you signed up, you're always welcome here *u*

Aww, I always try to start dramas then never finish them. ;_; Back in the day I really loves The City Hunter, though, Lee Minho is a lovely man. \(^o^)/

Yeah, I didn't really enjoy Gangnam Style, either, but it's probably the principle of it that ruined it for me. At school everyone thinks I'm weird for listening to kpop, then the song came out and everyone was like "WOW THIS KPOP IS GREAT" and then it was the last of that and I'm back to being weird...at least I'm content with it. xD J-pop is really good, I can't say I've ever heard any j-rock (unless those are like the visual kei bands? I've heard some of them). I know this is a pretty popular opinion, but I REALLY love Kyarypamyupamyu. I appreciate her cuteness and weirdness and how it's all tied in together. x3

Wait whaaat they're just all leaving? ;~; I hate when that happens, but I'm more used to seeing them leave to serve the country rather than to go to school, I've never seen that been done yet!

SUPER YOU CAN'T BRING ONE DIRECTION AND THE JOE BROS IN HERE. -stern face-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Harmony

VMK's resident friendly ghost
Yes....I'm like so upset right now! :(

This upsets me too Kibum broke my heart when he left now Dongho now all that will be left is U-BEAT and even if Kevin is my U-KISS bias (actually probably my secondmost ultimate bias) U-KISS is meant to be all the boys and this just makes my heart ;_____;

Yeah, I didn't really enjoy Gangnam Style, either, but it's probably the principle of it that ruined it for me. At school everyone thinks I'm weird for listening to kpop, then the song came out and everyone was like "WOW THIS KPOP IS GREAT" and then it was the last of that and I'm back to being weird...at least I'm content with it.
Yeahhhh I thought it was cool for the first week or so, but then quickly had to start explaining to everyone that Psy's music video isn't what I call "Real K-pop." The best way I've been able to describe it is that Psy is essentially the Weird Al of Korea; and that very few people seemed to realize that Psy's video wasn't just him pretending to be serious while doing a stupid dance - it was him making fun of people who claim they live in Kangnam (yes, I spell it with a K), which is essentially the Beverly Hills of Korea- very bright at night too, I had a lot of fun walking around there.

This upsets me too Kibum broke my heart when he left now Dongho now all that will be left is U-BEAT and even if Kevin is my U-KISS bias (actually probably my secondmost ultimate bias) U-KISS is meant to be all the boys and this just makes my heart ;_____;

omg Kevin is my bias too :D hahaha, but yes...it's seriously too upsetting how it seems that all of U-Kiss is slowly leaving...I mean, Dongho had a good reason; he wanted to take better care of his health (apparently all the work was taking a huge toll on the poor boy :() but I still wish he wouldn't leave! I wish him the best though, I'd rather him be healthy and happy.

Yeahhhh I thought it was cool for the first week or so, but then quickly had to start explaining to everyone that Psy's music video isn't what I call "Real K-pop." The best way I've been able to describe it is that Psy is essentially the Weird Al of Korea; and that very few people seemed to realize that Psy's video wasn't just him pretending to be serious while doing a stupid dance - it was him making fun of people who claim they live in Kangnam (yes, I spell it with a K), which is essentially the Beverly Hills of Korea- very bright at night too, I had a lot of fun walking around there.
I feel the same. I was so excited to hear the song on the radio and stuff, but when people started telling me things for liking "that kind of music" and talking about how silly it (and South Korea) was, I had to try to explain he was simply making fun of that lifestyle. HOWEVER people are super stubborn and still couldn't get it, lol.

TacoBell

Yessss I have found the Kpop fans!
I've been hardcore Kpop fan since 2008 LOL
BIGBANG is by far my fave bc Taeyang bby is my bias but I love so many groups wow. I also love Dramas too! :D

I used to listen to a bit of Big Bang, Taeyang, & Girls Generation in middle school. That's basically it :-p I'd like to get more into it tho.

I was thinking about making kpop thread but then i saw this so im bumping up this old post :P
But anyways Beast and big bang are my favorite and also, infinite, 2am, boa, 2ne1, vixx, and many others.
i edited this bc my favs have changed..lol

Last edited:
I love Kpop :)

I'm a YG girl, so Big Bang and 2ne1 are my favorite boy and girl groups. I also like miss A, Brown Eyed Girls, IU, SNSD, f(x), Orange Caramel, Wonder Girls, and recently Lim Kim. Michelle Lee had a great first song too. I expect her to become a favorite very quickly.

I just like a lot of groups, but mostly girl groups more than the guys. I'll listen to a few of the guy songs, but Big Bang is the only one I am serious about. Any and all of their solo works too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TacoBell

I seriously want to be friends with all of you guys and just talk about kpop all the time ahh :D
We need to make a kpop room in game haha

Elle

I seriously want to be friends with all of you guys and just talk about kpop all the time ahh :D
We need to make a kpop room in game haha
a kpop room in the game?? can someone please make this??? XD

everything in k pop sounds too feminine even the boy bands :P even their dances XD
?? not everything does?
thats like saying all rap artists curse when not all of them do lol

sure some groups may have that one person who can hit those high pitched notes and sound a little feminine but for them to hit those notes unlike the others is just talent. and yes, some of the groups are quite feminine. But it just sells in Korea.

there's a lot of good masculine groups and solo artists in kpop that you could possibly like... but generalizing the whole thing is not cool either. ;)

Last edited: