Black/Pirate Crate Prizes

Zelena

Any news on how rare it is to get black princess bodice? I've used 37 crates so far and only need the princess top

Rygo

It all started with a Mouse
Any news on how rare it is to get black princess bodice? I've used 37 crates so far and only need the princess top
I have 3 of them, you are more than welcome to one.

I've opened 120 crates (which is a very small sampling) and have pulled 4 of the black princess bodice items. Don't believe the hype that some of the items are rare. I have a pretty darn even distribution. So, it is just luck. :)

Rygo

It all started with a Mouse
I've opened 120 crates (which is a very small sampling) and have pulled 4 of the black princess bodice items. Don't believe the hype that some of the items are rare. I have a pretty darn even distribution. So, it is just luck. :)
I opened 40 and got 3, I'd say you are 100% right. It's all luck.

Save one for me. Haven't pulled that one yet. :D
Are we still having words???? If not, it's all yours :)

Finland

Active Troublemaker
I really miss VMK. I get that this isn't supposed to be a true remake, but I really miss the authentic feel of the item designs.

I guess what I mean is that it's starting to feel Habbo Hotel-tier as we slowly approach having every clothing item in every color. Each costume used to feel unique and special, I feel like the recolors cheapen that a great deal. But I know this is just the direction the majority want to take things, so don't take this as a complaint, merely an observation. I hardly play anymore anyway.

Oh, and before anyone mentions the Mission Space suits from the original game, I wasn't a fan of that either. One or two variations is probably the limit in my opinion.

Last edited:

Cat

To the people who worked hard this past month to get sparrow I can see why you're upset. However tons of people never even had a chance to earn it. It's pure luck in the treasure room. I'm glad they made a recolor. The difference between them is very low but you can still tell. Everyone complains they want more items but when the new items come out people complain still.
@ everyone complaining about black sparrow

u sound like a middle school girl throwin a tantrum bc someone's knockoff uggs look better than her expensive ones

no one cares about ur virtual status symbol lol
I think everyone has the right to their own opinion, so for that, I respect yours.
- How do people not have a chance to earn it? Sparrow is in the crates. It was in green crates. You can play pirates games to earn them. You can trade for the pieces. Everyone has been given a chance here, so I'm not sure why people are using the argument "I didn't have a chance."
- New items can be great. Brand new additions that are designed by your lovely new graphic artists. Wouldn't you like that? In my opinion, black sparrow isn't really a 'new' item at all.
- Also, 'virtual status' symbols in game are essential to the growth of a game. What else do you have to work for otherwise? Some people may be content with just roaming around enjoying the game (I fall into that category myself), but others need something to work for. A sense of reward. Taking away that sense of achievement and replacing it when easily earned or bought items has been the downfall of a few games that I can name.

But that's just my two cents. I don't really care, otherwise. It's not like I feel the need to wear either. But there's two sides to every argument, and it's important to see it from both perspectives. Makes ya a more thoughtful individual.

MissMitzy

RIP Mitzy 7/21/15
I really miss VMK. I get that this isn't supposed to be a true remake, but I really miss the authentic feel of the item designs.

I guess what I mean is that it's starting to feel Habbo Hotel-tier as we slowly approach having every clothing item in every color. Each costume used to feel unique and special, I feel like the recolors cheapen that a great deal. But I know this is just the direction the majority want to take things, so don't take this as a complaint, merely an observation. I hardly play anymore anyway.

Oh, and before anyone mentions the Mission Space suits from the original game, I wasn't a fan of that either. One or two variations is probably the limit in my opinion.
Actually, most of the recolors were in the original game :) these black clothes are the first time I've seen the staff recolor something different, and I think its kinda neat!

EDIT: For anyone interested, this is a link to a site that has all of the furniture, pins, and clothes (and their recolors!) from the original game. Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Finland

Active Troublemaker
Actually, most of the recolors were in the original game :) these black clothes are the first time I've seen the staff recolor something different, and I think its kinda neat!

EDIT: For anyone interested, this is a link to a site that has all of the furniture, pins, and clothes (and their recolors!) from the original game. Enjoy :)
With respect, are you sure you know what you're talking about?

That site doesn't show any of the recolors people are complaining about to have been part of the original game.

Red and pink Haunted Mansion suits; purple and green(?) cowboy shirts; blue cowboy pants (and I think there's another recolored one); green, pink and now black princess Minnie hats; pink, light blue and now black Dreams shirts... the list goes on, that's just off the top of my head.

Hardly any of the recolors are befitting of the theme their respective costume is meant to portray. The only one I would maybe defend would be the cowboy shirts, but even then, the colors are too bright and look tacky.

Last edited:

MissMitzy

RIP Mitzy 7/21/15
With respect, are you sure you know what you're talking about?

That site doesn't show any of the recolors people are complaining about to have been part of the original game.

Red and pink haunted mansion suits; purple and green(?) cowboy shirts; blue cowboy pants (and I think there's another recolored one); green, pink and now black princess Minnie hats; pink, light blue and now black Dreams shirts... the list goes on, that's just off the top of my head.
Every single recolor that has come out, whether included in the original game or not, has resulted in some disrespect towards the staff who worked hard to bring them to us. To be honest, I haven't seen much complaining about the items you've mentioned, however I've heard tons about the purple pirate outfit for example. I haven't been on much until recently though, so you're right, I probably don't know what I'm talking about. However, I can say that the complaining has gotten ridiculous. It's as simple as this; if you don't like the item, don't use it. It's a game, and I for one enjoy what the staff has brought to it.

kiddy

Every single recolor that has come out, whether included in the original game or not, has resulted in some disrespect towards the staff who worked hard to bring them to us. To be honest, I haven't seen much complaining about the items you've mentioned, however I've heard tons about the purple pirate outfit for example. I haven't been on much until recently though, so you're right, I probably don't know what I'm talking about. However, I can say that the complaining has gotten ridiculous. It's as simple as this; if you don't like the item, don't use it. It's a game, and I for one enjoy what the staff has brought to it.
some recolors are fine, but when you recolor the entire game..........

MissMitzy

RIP Mitzy 7/21/15
some recolors are fine, but when you recolor the entire game..........
I don't honestly see how recoloring clothing or furniture is recoloring the entire game. If they were making changes to the main game, yeah, I'd be upset, but they aren't. I understand where yall are coming from, I do, but in my honest opinion I don't think it's that big of a deal. If you don't like it, don't use it. Be grateful for the game that we've been given a chance to play again, ya know?