Black/Pirate Crate Prizes

Wow, you guys are never happy, are you? The rarity of sparrow was already ruined when it was re-released in the treasure room. This game doesn't revolve around economy, it's about bringing back the magic of Disney in a virtual world.
One thing is re-releasing them in general even if they are kind of hard to get.

ANOTHER IS JUST RELEASING THE SAME ITEM BASICALLY FOR 250 CREDITS.

Finland

Active Troublemaker
@MissMitzy

I haven't been on much lately either, but I have been around since before myVMK opened, so I've seen the way people respond to the recolors for a long time now.

Every single recolor that has come out, whether included in the original game or not, has resulted in some disrespect towards the staff who worked hard to bring them to us.
While this is true, and I respect what they have done to bring the game back to life and keep it running, perhaps if you read your own remark again, you'll see something.

If so many people respond to recolors with disrespect and contempt, maybe it would be possible to please everyone by working to exhaust the original VMK items and even come up with new, original concepts before stooping to petty rehashes.

Edit: Also, most people complain about them because they "lower the value of the original, rare item", but I more dislike the excessive recolors of original VMK items on the principle alone that it changes the entire feel of the game. (Of course, I'm an obsessive purist, so I'm not the best person to listen to.)

Last edited:

MissMitzy

RIP Mitzy 7/21/15
@MissMitzy

I haven't been on much lately either, but I have been around since before myVMK opened, so I've seen the way people respond to the recolors for a long time now.

While this is true, and I respect what they have done to bring the game back to life and keep it running, perhaps if you read your own remark again, you'll see something.

If so many people respond to recolors with disrespect and contempt, maybe it would be possible to please everyone by working to exhaust the original VMK items and even come up with new, original concepts before stooping to petty rehashes.
I didn't say the majority treated them with disrespect however, and if the majority is fine with it.... well, I don't see a problem then. With recent events, it's only understandable that new, original concepts will take some time. Who knows, maybe July will be full of original concepts? Patience is key.

Kelsey

sometimes i sit here and i laugh and i think about all these people who are probably producing like 10 pimples over the fact that someone recolored a virtual item and put it in a virtual crate that you have to double click

does that not make anyone else laugh

how is that like not funny

people are upset

over a virtual item

that is recolored

i'm crying

MissMitzy

RIP Mitzy 7/21/15
sometimes i sit here and i laugh and i think about all these people who are probably producing like 10 pimples over the fact that someone recolored a virtual item and put it in a virtual crate that you have to double click

does that not make anyone else laugh

how is that like not funny

people are upset

over a virtual item

that is recolored

i'm crying
yes. just yes.

Finland

Active Troublemaker
I didn't say the majority treated them with disrespect however, and if the majority is fine with it.... well, I don't see a problem then. With recent events, it's only understandable that new, original concepts will take some time. Who knows, maybe July will be full of original concepts? Patience is key.
Well, I'm not the biggest fan of direct democracy, so I don't think that putting recolored items in the game just because the majority want them is necessarily the best policy. I think we can all agree that everyone likes the original VMK items and wants to see them back in the game, so why couldn't they have just been working on that for the first few years of myVMK's operation? (Or like I said, at least fresh, original concepts)... Now we're already stuck with a game that feels fundamentally different than the original (again, I'm not actually complaining, just making a point), and no matter how many original VMK items may or may not be released in the months to come, that will never change.

Edit: @krose, I hope that's not directed at me, because it would really hurt my feelings :[
In all honesty though, I do agree with you to an extent. While I am minimally invested in this game and its community, and could really not care less what becomes of it, I'm just putting words to an opinion I've been formulating since opening day... For my own sake.

Last edited:

MissMitzy

RIP Mitzy 7/21/15
Well, I'm not the biggest fan of direct democracy, so I don't think that putting recolored items in the game just because the majority want them is necessarily the best policy. I think we can all agree that everyone likes the original VMK items and wants to see them back in the game, so why couldn't they just have been working on that for the first few years of the myVMK's operation? (Or like I said, at least fresh, original concepts)... Now we're already stuck with a game that feels fundamentally different than the original (again, I'm not actually complaining, just making a point), and no matter how many original VMK items may or may not be released in the months to come, that will never change.
I don't know if I can really see how it's that different. The base game is still the same. The mini-games haven't changed. Magic has improved. I really don't see how recoloring clothes and furniture makes a game feel 'fundamentally different'. If anything it's all of us growing up that has changed the game. But opinions do differ, so I may not understand, but I will respect your opinion, and I'm actually truly sorry you feel that way.

Finland

Active Troublemaker
@MissMitzy
The base game is still the same. The mini-games haven't changed.
Pirates has minor differences from it's original game counterpart, but for the most part, I agree with you here.

Magic has improved.
Highly debatable.

I really don't see how recoloring clothes and furniture makes a game feel 'fundamentally different'.
I will refer you to my first post, as this is my main point. If you don't get what I meant by "Habbo Hotel-tier", then it would reasonably follow that my whole point seems enigmatic.

If anything it's all of us growing up that has changed the game.
I agree with you again here, and I've discussed this a lot in the past. It's basically why I've accepted that I'm better off not really playing.

But opinions do differ, so I may not understand, but I will respect your opinion
Oh, well thanks. I get that we disagree, and I really respect yo- Oh wait...

and I'm actually truly sorry you feel that way.
I know this line seems like a good idea in theory, I've learned from experience that it just comes off as condescending. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were well-meaning though.

@blissful, Yes, we can agree on that. So following that logic, let's allow for myVMK to either be open for at least as long as VMK was or to allow myVMK to achieve the same level of carefully and competently designed content that VMK had before making unnecessary clutter.

Last edited:

MissMitzy

RIP Mitzy 7/21/15
@Finland

I am well-meaning. I actually try to be a very nice and respectful person... and I really am sorry you feel that way. This game is a great way for me to get on a relive my childhood memories, and I'm sorry that things have changed for you. It's not a line. It's not me trying to be condescending... I'm just truly sorry. And thanks for at least understanding that we disagree. I don't get what you meant, and that's exactly what I said in my last post. But seeing as of how you're responding now, I'm just gonna stop replying. It was nice having a discussion with you.

Finland

Active Troublemaker
@Finland

I am well-meaning. I actually try to be a very nice and respectful person... and I really am sorry you feel that way. This game is a great way for me to get on a relive my childhood memories, and I'm sorry that things have changed for you. It's not a line. It's not me trying to be condescending... I'm just truly sorry. And thanks for at least understanding that we disagree. I don't get what you meant, and that's exactly what I said in my last post. But seeing as of how you're responding now, I'm just gonna stop replying. It was nice having a discussion with you.
I- I don't understand what you mean by "how I'm responding now", but I'm sorry I've offended(?) you. I was only trying to respond to your points efficiently. Truly, you have killed me with kindness.