Boring Games, Expensive Items and CLAMS!

What value should clams be?

• 10 Credits

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • 25 Credits

Votes: 97 52.4%
  • 50 Credits

Votes: 53 28.6%
  • Other value

Votes: 8 4.3%

• Total voters
The price of items in myVMK is very high. There are 3 popular ways of making credits and 1 is limited.

The first ways is through Fireworks.
Disliked by most, its boring and repetitive. It takes a while to finish and the amount of credits you earn at the end is not worth what you just went through.

The second is through Clams.
Not as bad as Fireworks, but still tough to do, I'm suggesting to raise the value of clams to 50 credits. It will take 1000 clams to get 10000 credits, if the value is changed to 50 it will take 200 clams, which is still a large amount but not as bad.

The third is now gone, but it is still around somewhat.
Pumpkins. On October 31st, pumpkins spawned all over the kingdom and stepping on it can give you either magic spells, masks or a lousy pin. This pin was pretty much useless and was sell able for 50 credits. You could make more credits begging and collecting pins then doing the clam mini-game.

What I propose is for something like the Flying Carpet spell to be lowered in value, the game that is the only one available to play is BORING and REPETITIVE. I had more fun playing clams and chatting with others while making less credits than playing fireworks. Flying Carpet spells should be lowered to something less than 10k, maybe 5 or 7.5k. There should also be a limit to how many people can purchase to not flood the economy with the spell.

This post is mostly about changing the value of clams so i'm going to be leaving a poll for it to see if anyone would like to change the value. There are multiple values I listed.

PLEASE ADD WHAT VALUE YOU THINK SHOULD BE ADDED IF YOU CHOOSE "OTHER"!

You forgot NPC's :P

But I agree 100% with you! I don't think clams should be 50, though. 25 was a good number, it took a while, but it was still possible.

Myth

I dont think there should be a limit because everyone would be the same!
I usually buy extras for my friends too

relizabeth

What i do to not make fireworks so boring is play only the first level and then leave. I get anywhere between 200-275 credits (depending upon how well im doing) and it only takes about 2 minutes. With that method i only have to play fireworks for about 20 minutes a day everyday and I will be able to have 5 star magic. When shells were so high it messed up the economy because people had 100k+ credits. As much as I hate fireworks and would rather play pirates, I think what you get from shells should stay the same.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I think 25 is a better price for clams. One weak reason for the lowering in value is the release of the fireworks game a month ago, and the shells were high priced before fireworks due to the lack of another source to accumulate credits.

What i do to not make fireworks so boring is play only the first level and then leave. I get anywhere between 200-275 credits (depending upon how well im doing) and it only takes about 2 minutes. With that method i only have to play fireworks for about 20 minutes a day everyday and I will be able to have 5 star magic. When shells were so high it messed up the economy because people had 100k+ credits. As much as I hate fireworks and would rather play pirates, I think what you get from shells should stay the same.
I only got 100 credits from doing this so this isn't a good idea for me.

The price of items in myVMK is very high. There are 3 popular ways of making credits and 1 is limited.

The first ways is through Fireworks.
The second is through Clams.
The third is now gone, but it is still around somewhat.
Pumpkins.

1) Fireworks: When VMK originally came out most folks used a desktop, using a laptop on fireworks requires three hands unless you have a wireless mouse (I do not) so if I play a game I average around 55 credits for a full game.

Which brings us to
2) Clams I have found rooms where people will stake an area and share and everyone one gets a clam a turn and it's completely cool...and I've found the 95 of the other rooms where two people gobble every clam they can get while l on my laptop usually get a clam every three turns. At 10 credits a pop I don't have the patience.

A note on 3) Pumpkins : See the above. I got 10 pumpkins over a whole day of trying. One of those thankfully was a gas mask. the rest were pins. I've never seen so many greedy people collected in one game. This is why people were oh so pleased with their 10 gas masks and 20 one star invisibility magics. Luckily a friend was kind enough to give me a magic or I'd still be without one.

How I get most of my credits. NPCs. If ANYTHING we need Ned, the Captain, and the hitchhiking ghosts when the Haunted Mansion opens. Thankfully Gator is around now so I average 200 credits and can sometimes get on twice for the 400 a day. It took me an entire month to get bat magic because of the severe lack of money making options.

I've commented before on the high prices and seeing so many "game poor" and some with seemingly everything. If this was Disney's VMK I'd say "well that's how it has to be". But this is a RETRO GAME. It's crazy we are paying VMK original prices for things with a fraction of the games, npcs, codes, ect.

That said, I absolutely LOVE the ride a thon, being able to earn prizes that does not depend on other players not being greedy and taking everything. WE NEED MORE of these type of things.

relizabeth

I only got 100 credits from doing this so this isn't a good idea for me.
okay so i did the math and you would have to play about 35 minutes a day to get a 5 star magic. Thats not that much time. What i try to do is play for an hour a day and i seem to get enough credits to buy what i need.

- - - Updated - - -

1) Fireworks: When VMK originally came out most folks used a desktop, using a laptop on fireworks requires three hands unless you have a wireless mouse (I do not) so if I play a game I average around 55 credits for a full game.

Which brings us to
2) Clams I have found rooms where people will stake an area and share and everyone one gets a clam a turn and it's completely cool...and I've found the 95 of the other rooms where two people gobble every clam they can get while l on my laptop usually get a clam every three turns. At 10 credits a pop I don't have the patience.

A note on 3) Pumpkins : See the above. I got 10 pumpkins over a whole day of trying. One of those thankfully was a gas mask. the rest were pins. I've never seen so many greedy people collected in one game. This is why people were oh so pleased with their 10 gas masks and 20 one star invisibility magics. Luckily a friend was kind enough to give me a magic or I'd still be without one.

How I get most of my credits. NPCs. If ANYTHING we need Ned, the Captain, and the hitchhiking ghosts when the Haunted Mansion opens. Thankfully Gator is around now so I average 200 credits and can sometimes get on twice for the 400 a day. It took me an entire month to get bat magic because of the severe lack of money making options.

I've commented before on the high prices and seeing so many "game poor" and some with seemingly everything. If this was Disney's VMK I'd say "well that's how it has to be". But this is a RETRO GAME. It's crazy we are paying VMK original prices for things with a fraction of the games, npcs, codes, ect.

That said, I absolutely LOVE the ride a thon, being able to earn prizes that does not depend on other players not being greedy and taking everything. WE NEED MORE of these type of things.
Why do you need three hands to play fireworks on laptop. I keep one hand on the trackpad and one on the numbers.

Which brings us to

I think your agreeing with me, but I cant tell..

Why do you need three hands to play fireworks on laptop. I keep one hand on the trackpad and one on the numbers.
I'm not that coordinated. I need one hand to track the firework and one hand to click the button. It may just be my laptop, I was on a friend's desktop today and was able to make 200 credits with a point and click mouse and the other hand on the numbers.

And yes I think the clams need to be raised, but also I think prices need to be significantly lowered until more credit making opportunities are placed like music maker all the NPCs, ect.

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
1.) Believe it or not, Fireworks can be fun. It all solemnly depends on your personal preference and the quality of your gameplay. I, myself, do not own a mouse, therefore I have to use my mousepad. It was difficult at first, but practice makes perfect and I average 750 credits per game.

2.) Believe it or not, increasing the credit output of Shells will just increase the amount of cloning and cheating that we experienced previously when the Shell Minigame was first released. It will just disrupt the "economy" and create further problematic situations that we don't need right now.

3.) The people that didn't get what they wanted from the pumpkins are the ones who complain about it. (not saying that you are.) The Pumpkin Minigame wasn't rigged. People will always farm things like these so they get lots of items. It's not just MyVMK, it happens in ALL games. You can't prevent it.

4.) Amy confirmed that Jungle Cruise will be coming out sometime this month. Though it may be a "boring" game to you, as I explained earlier it's based on your opinion and viewpoint. There are multiple methods to gaining lots of credits, even from Jungle Cruise! People did a certain method which gained them heaps of credits from Jungle Cruise.

5.) Decreasing the amount of credits needed to buy for items will increase the chances of lessening the value of those specific item(s). They are not overpriced in my opinion.

Raising the value will help the economy.

There are very little ways to make money so lowering it later, once more money making methods are added, it should then be lowered!

1.) Believe it or not, Fireworks can be fun. It all solemnly depends on your personal preference and the quality of your gameplay. I, myself, do not own a mouse, therefore I have to use my mousepad. It was difficult at first, but practice makes perfect and I average 750 credits per game.

2.) Believe it or not, increasing the credit output of Shells will just increase the amount of cloning and cheating that we experienced previously when the Shell Minigame was first released. It will just disrupt the "economy" and create further problematic situations that we don't need right now.

3.) The people that didn't get what they wanted from the pumpkins are the ones who complain about it. (not saying that you are.) The Pumpkin Minigame wasn't rigged. People will always farm things like these so they get lots of items. It's not just MyVMK, it happens in ALL games. You can't prevent it.

4.) Amy confirmed that Jungle Cruise will be coming out sometime this month. Though it may be a "boring" game to you, as I explained earlier it's based on your opinion and viewpoint. There are multiple methods to gaining lots of credits, even from Jungle Cruise! People did a certain method which gained them heaps of credits from Jungle Cruise.

5.) Decreasing the amount of credits needed to buy for items will increase the chances of lessening the value of those specific item(s). They are not overpriced in my opinion.
#2 doesn't make sense, they still have to do the same amount of work. NPC's create cloning, not shells.

It will just disrupt the "economy" and create further problematic situations that we don't need right now.

Which goes back to my original point. Why does a retro game need to replicate an economy? With the exception of the gas mask, no new items have been introduced and were made by other creators for the original game. In the heyday of the VMK years, there were park exclusives like the Haunted Mansion quest. Free to anyone who did the quest. I got my clock, my ghost magic from a code, not by trading everything I own for the clock or having to sit all day trying desperately for a one magic while the person that has a full lanyard of them grabs even more without conscience.

If anything, we need more ride a thons, more quests for these items, so it is based on time spent in game and earning individually, not fighting with other players for clams and pumpkins.

relizabeth

Raising the value will help the economy.

There are very little ways to make money so lowering it later, once more money making methods are added, it should then be lowered!
I sucked at getting the shells. If they raised it to 50 I would be making 10k an hour easily and so that means others that were good at it would be making 20k an hour. so people that play 6+ hours a day (yes people do play that much) would have close to a million credits in a week. Yes that would really hurt the economy. You would have super rich people that have lots of time to play and people that can only play for an hour maybe a day would still be dirt poor compared to those that are rich.

Which goes back to my original point. Why does a retro game need to replicate an economy? With the exception of the gas mask, no new items have been introduced and were made by other creators for the original game. In the heyday of the VMK years, there were park exclusives like the Haunted Mansion quest. Free to anyone who did the quest. I got my clock, my ghost magic from a code, not by trading everything I own for the clock or having to sit all day trying desperately for a one magic while the person that has a full lanyard of them grabs even more without conscience.

If anything, we need more ride a thons, more quests for these items, so it is based on time spent in game and earning individually, not fighting with other players for clams and pumpkins.
I hope Quests are added soon, thats what really brought VMK together.