Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder

Geggy, it doesn't matter. it's not the players business- you completely missed everything i said lol,
This really has nothing to do with us as a community, it is a staff issue that SHOULD NOT be questioned by the community.
Whether you believe it should be or not, does not matter.
Then why even make a statement???? Anyone with half a brain knows that if you're going to make a statement to an ALREADY upset community, either tell the entire story or just stay silent and don't open your untrustworthy mouths. They got themselves into this situation and now everyone deserves a full statement from them. They do not get to run and hide now, no matter if you or they think "we don't matter and don't get to know." They made US a part of the problem by posting this """statement""".

Zelena

Geggy, it doesn't matter. it's not the players business- you completely missed everything i said lol,
This really has nothing to do with us as a community, it is a staff issue that SHOULD NOT be questioned by the community.
Whether you believe it should be or not, does not matter.
So say this was like a state or country, we're not allowed to have a say because mr. presidents secretary (you) said we shouldnt? totes makes sense

CocoBandicoot

I haven't quit; college happened.
Actually I've been trying to be good about it, but saying I'm not interpreting her words which are so very clear makes me very very upset. If you say something own up to it, don't go around saying you didn't mean it cause if you didn't mean it you wouldn't say it. And if she didn't mean it, she should say it. Plain and simple. NO IF'S, AN'S OR BUTT'S. I don't care why she worded anything they way she did, if she didn't mean what she said she shouldn't have said it. If she meant something different than what she typed she should have said what she meant. I'm taking my time to reason with myself and look at others points of views, that's why my post aren't are bad as some. I just want fair staff that can present themselves in a mature manner.

*just asked a 52 years old man that if i say "your opinions don't' matter, you don't have a say", are you going to take it personally? He said yes and that he can't think of another way that could be perceived. If the person didn't mean it why did they say it then?
as i said in my post, she probably said it that way because she's just as angry as you are, and is going to say something that way.
I am in no way trying to belittle you or prove you wrong, you are entitled to your opinion and you have every right to feel upset at what she said. all i'm trying to do is just provide insight on human nature & play devil's advocate.

She may have not responded because she probably has not looked at the thread since her last response to it- which is healthy. people do need breaks from negativity. she can't sit here all night. she probably has been trying to calm herself down, y'know? I used to be the same way. I would have to leave for hours before responding to something that made me upset. it's just not healthy to constantly walk into a cloud of negativity.

CocoBandicoot

I haven't quit; college happened.
So say this was like a state or country, we're not allowed to have a say because mr. presidents secretary (you) said we shouldnt? totes makes sense
again, i'm not any type of secretary and i'm not defending anyone really. I'm just playing devil's advocate & to provide insight.

Wonder

Really don't think anyone will be satisfied until Absolem, Kali, etc are replaced and other new trustworthy staff are added. And amy takes a backseat, especially from trying to act like a public figure or even a leader in general because she clearly cannot handle that pressure. :giggle:

Tohrukun

tbh this situation reminds me of why myvmk branched off from ovmk in the first place and now history is repeating itself...

and from how i see things, i think it says a lot that multiple staff members are quitting in protest of game management issues. that what i assume at least, and with not much info, its easy to interpret these actions as such

"This is between staff. It's their business, we shouldn't question it."

If several ex-staff members are bringing their business into the spotlight, it's for the purpose of the community to question/react upon it. And although this thread is incredibly messy, I'm very happy that this community has been allowed to express what they feel. We're not questioning for the purposes of "drama." This is a small community, and the game could collapse within a matter of days. Sorry for caring, but you betta believe I'm gonna be questioning how things are run if I want them to continue running fairly.

Last edited:
This is going to be long road to hopefully rebuilding trust between everyone. We still don't know the all sides of the story but I doubt we ever know. If one person got fired and another person got promoted for doing the same thing, of course other person probably should be fired but I don't think that going happen because I don't think there are many people left that amy trust. Just because the players trust a person, doesn't necessarily mean amy trust that person(but doesn't mean that person should be given a chance). Hopefully isn't the end and we can make amends but it will be a long road.

Okay. After reading this thread and the other ones for 3 days straight it's time to add my :2cents:. This'll be a long one, and is a bit of a stream of consciousness. Sorry if it gets confusing, I'm happy to clarify any questions you may have.

From the posts in "I'm Really Nervous", it seems like you all were VERY concerned about losing MyVMK. In the "Keep Calm... MyVMK Will Carry On" thread, you were all so glad the game was staying, saying things like "MyVMK is here to stay, and so are we". Now it seems like you can't wait to see this game go down in flames. I think that this thread is hurting the remaining staff members and I feel sorry for them. It's like, 200+ VS ~4 being victimized. You complain about this not being "My"VMK anymore. Guess what, it still is! Why, you ask? Your words are being heard by the staff, but not in the way you want. Even the forums is changing, and I'm pretty alarmed by the staff member changes here: http://forums.myvmk.com/members/?type=staff. See anything missing? Like, Amy? Sully's Administrator red? We haven't heard from them yet, so I won't jump to conclusions, but I think this thread is hurting the situation more than helping.

Yes, both sides did some pretty awful things. We're human (I hope), and we all make mistakes. The world keeps spinning, and we keep moving forward. I and I'm sure many other players hope to see this game continue for a very long time. The staff has given us a sufficient explanation, but so many of you are demanding more. I'd love to see this thread end and we all move on with our lives.

The original quote that seems to be the one to set you off is this:
You can disagree with Amy's decision to allow Kali and myself to take these positions, and you're entitled to your opinion, but that does not mean you have a say in the matter.
What she's really trying to say is that WE ARE NOT ADMINISTRATORS. We don't know enough (and don't NEED to know) what is going on behind the scenes. We are entitled to our opinions, which is why this thread hasn't been closed. We're given A LOT of freedom here, and it's sad to see so many taking this for granted.

Let me draw your attention to this:
I speak on behalf of myself and the other admins. We are here for YOU. For this game. We will not let anything get in the way of this, or bring our spirits down. We will do what we have to, to make it work. If you don't give us the chance, you'll never know.
For the sake of the plethora of players who are still attached to this game and wish to see it flourish, GIVE THEM A CHANCE. What happened to second chances? The way I see it, many staff members were given a second chance and blew it. Others simply left on their own. I honestly feel there is one promoted staff member in question here, but we can't know if things will change for them unless we TRUST Amy's decision and see how things go THEN make a judgement. :shrug:

I for one support @Amy, @HOST_Absolem, and many others. I respect the ones that left graciously. The ONE that has stooped so low to single-handedly cause all of this drama and the game's potential closure has lost whatever respect I had left for them. I hope this post has helped some of you see things a little differently, and put an end to this madness. Keep Calm, and Carry On.

Zelena

Can I just point out for like the 100th time, i don't care how she said what she said, she said it in an obviously cruel way and it will stay will her forever. I will forever know her as telling me to mind my own business because game matters are of no concern to us small little insignificant players (for the second time). If she didn't mean that then why would she have said it? Because she meant it. Stop saying she didn't mean this and that, people mean what they type or else they wouldn't have typed it. It's time to be adults here people and own up, stop hiding and making excuses. Excuses do nothing but cause problem after problem.

I just found some screencaps from a Simpsons episode that is really relevant rn.

So now we owe one another something? Please show me who aid that. Stop reading between lines. This isn't poetry where simply stated words have 30 different meanings.

Wonder

For the sake of the plethora of players who are still attached to this game and wish to see it flourish, GIVE THEM A CHANCE. What happened to second chances? The way I see it, many staff members were given a second chance and blew it. Others simply left on their own. I honestly feel there is one promoted staff member in question here, but we can't know if things will change for them unless we TRUST Amy's decision and see how things go THEN make a judgement. :shrug:

I for one support @Amy, @HOST_Absolem, and many others. I respect the ones that left graciously. The ONE that has stooped so low to single-handedly cause all of this drama and the game's potential closure has lost whatever respect I had left for them. I hope this post has helped some of you see things a little differently, and put an end to this madness. Keep Calm, and Carry On.
Okay but let's understand why the one that you are against did what they did? The staff were quick to torch her and get rid of her and were not willing to give her a second chance, no matter what they say. The blog posts clearly outline that. She has every right to bring to light their corruption so people like us, can know how horribly we are being wronged and led blindly by these people you "trust." The blog posts also outline Host_Absolem promising special gifts to someone for giving her "exclusive details." So you tell me how you still have respect for them? How you could possibly find the one girl so so wrong but yet praise them for promoting someone else who has done even WORSE to so many more people? Just because they are staff does not make them innocent or always right.

Status
Not open for further replies.