Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just point out for like the 100th time, i don't care how she said what she said, she said it in an obviously cruel way and it will stay will her forever. I will forever know her as telling me to mind my own business because game matters are of no concern to us small little insignificant players (for the second time). If she didn't mean that then why would she have said it? Because she meant it. Stop saying she didn't mean this and that, people mean what they type or else they wouldn't have typed it. It's time to be adults here people and own up, stop hiding and making excuses. Excuses do nothing but cause problem after problem.

So now we owe one another something? Please show me who aid that. Stop reading between lines. This isn't poetry where simply stated words have 30 different meanings.
The main part of the screencaps I want people to pay attention to is "They provide FREE entertainment" not to mention staff gets no monetary gain out of running this game either. Clearly you are so stuck in your own point of view that you refuse to see it any other way.

I just found some screencaps from a Simpsons episode that is really relevant rn.

I'm not saying they owe us...but seeing that there are not only players affected, but also previous staff members that have also put a lot of time in to the game (and community) stepping up and telling their side...it makes you question what's really going on behind the scenes

Zelena

The main part of the screencaps I want people to pay attention to is "They provide FREE entertainment" not to mention staff gets no monetary gain out of running this game either. Clearly you are so stuck in your own point of view that you refuse to see it any other way.
I was trying to be reasonable not just attack people trying to help all. Just because it's free doesnt' give them any right to act poorly towards anyone. If you're volunteering for a soup kitchen it doesn't give you the right to throw soup in peoples faces

Okay but let's understand why the one that you are against did what they did? The staff were quick to torch her and get rid of her and were not willing to give her a second chance, no matter what they say. The blog posts clearly outline that.
I'm against her because of the public defamation of the remaining staff. In reading the skype chat, I feel that Amy was being the bigger person. Had this person acted more responsibly and adult-like, everything would be different.

She has every right to bring to light their corruption so people like us, WHO AREN'T EVEN ALLOWED TO DISCUSS UNFAIR BANS WITHOUT HUGE REPERCUSSIONS, can know how horribly we are being wronged and led blindly by these people you "trust."
We are discussing unfair bans without repercussions right now, aren't we? I trust them in the sense that they know what's good for this game. If they were to tell me to follow them off a cliff and we'd all be okay I wouldn't trust them. That's the difference in my use of the word trust.

The blog posts also outline Host_Absolem promising special gifts to someone for giving her "exclusive details."
Now did she ever actually go through with these? I haven't seen anybody attacking that person. EDIT- nor should they. So let's leave others out of this, I'd hate to see even more people publicly ridiculed.

So you tell me how you still have respect for them?
I have respect for them because they are handling this magnificently. Put yourself in their shoes. You're having hundreds of people jumping down your throat, reprimanding you for making one questionable decision, being publicly attacked and unable to defend yourself no matter what. They're not retaliating. Others are. I respect those who try to diffuse the drama, not those who fuel the fire.

How you could possibly find the one girl so so wrong but yet praise them for promoting someone else who has done even WORSE to so many more people?
I am not in any way praising them. To clarify and be blunt (since I danced around this in my first post), I don't think Kali should have been promoted. She said just as awful things in that chat log, hence why I left her name out in the people I tagged. I side with the majority on that one, but as for Abs, I have yet to see what she did that was so wrong.

Just because they are staff does not make them innocent or always right.
I agree with you. But this doesn't mean we have the right to attack them for their wrongdoings. Forgiveness is something we ALL need to practice. The sooner this is over, the better. I too hope Amy sees what needs to be done, but if she stands by her original choices, that's fine by me.

Hope this helped clear things up for ya. :)

Last edited:

Scrooge

Moderator McDuck
Forums Moderator
This is just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood forum staff to please be respectful of each other while discussing this issue. We respect your rights to your opinions and want you all to have your say, but please remain civil. If this gets out of hand we will be forced to close it.

-Scrooge

Lost

Just to clear the air a tiny bit here - the player you are referring to created those pins herself and was not staff at the time. The original plan was to release her other five pins in the POTC Treasure Room but unfortunately that didn't happen so it was left unreleased for the future. Though, I agree two other sets shouldn't have been given out and I had no say in the matter. Other than that incident, I can't recall any other staff receiving unique items. Very strict rules were put in place to keep staff items on their staff account.

As for a waterslide competition room being entered into the Best Guest Room, I agree! It was an oversight on my part and I never thought of adding a rule to exclude competition rooms from being entered into BGR. Unfortunately we were flooded with ride rooms being entered for that month and since I never added any exception, it would have been unfair to disqualify anyone. All other competitions after that were not allowed to enter one room for both rewards. I also addressed how judging worked a bit here.
Thanks for the reply. I guessed that that was the plan for the pins long ago. The problem is that other people have got unique items even if they're not staff but are close to staff (Pretty sure it is one of Amy's friends who has a UNIQUE non-tradeable pin that was made in MS Paint or something). The problem is being close to staff gets you privileges.

Glad to know that I'm not the only one that didn't agree with the extra sets, but my opinion was that the person who created them should have only got them maybe a week before an official release. Designing items for the game doesn't mean you should get unique items that are unreleased for many months. That is unfair to all the other players and all those who design items who may not be as close with staff as some.

"Very strict rules were put in place to keep staff items on their staff account."

Just by the OP. It seems like some staff (and it wasn't only this staff, I'm pretty sure I remember other staff getting fired for giving out items they weren't supposed to) abused this anyway. By the sounds it, it had been going on for a long time where "staff items" were coming off their staff accounts and into player accounts. In fact, I'm pretty sure from what I know and from what others have told me, that one of the newly appointed admins has let friends wear/ keep for a while etc unreleased "staff items". I don't see how they can be very strict rules if staff who break them don't get in any trouble for it.

Thanks for clarifying the waterslide room. It is an oversight that a lot of people then and now felt sour about so it's nice to get some official word on what happened. Also thanks for the other post. I still feel like even if their rooms are good, they would have more likely been favourable to their friends/ other staff, but as the rooms were good could justify, even if players would feel different. I still feel uneasy about staff and staff friends entering competitions and BGR because it's hard to know if it's fair or not. You can always say you double check but a lot of people make decent rooms, the fact is only a few win though, and being staff/ staff friend means you would probably get a favourable look and the judges would be able to justify even if it was bias. That's just my opinion though.

I appreciate your reply :)

Nokuto

At this point we just need to drop it and let Amy and co. figure things out, hire new staff, and get everything running smooth again. Bickering baout this is only making things worse. can't everyone just be happy this place is still rnning and leave the staffing to the staff :um::sulk:

Lost

Really don't think anyone will be satisfied until Absolem, Kali, etc are replaced and other new trustworthy staff are added. And amy takes a backseat, especially from trying to act like a public figure or even a leader in general because she clearly cannot handle that pressure. :giggle:
: )

tbh this situation reminds me of why myvmk branched off from ovmk in the first place and now history is repeating itself...

and from how i see things, i think it says a lot that multiple staff members are quitting in protest of game management issues. that what i assume at least, and with not much info, its easy to interpret these actions as such
That's what I feel like. If a lot of staff don't trust what is happening behind the scenes, why should we. Especially after all we know (and what a lot of people don't know)

I'm against her because of the public defamation of the remaining staff. In reading the skype chat, I feel that Amy was being the bigger person. Had this person acted more responsibly and adult-like, everything would be different.

We are discussing unfair bans without repercussions right now, aren't we? I trust them in the sense that they know what's good for this game. If they were to tell me to follow them off a cliff and we'd all be okay I wouldn't trust them. That's the difference in my use of the word trust.

Now did she ever actually go through with these? I haven't seen anybody attacking that person. EDIT- nor should they, they just clarified for us what those messages meant in a post below. So let's leave others out of this, I'd hate to see even more people publicly ridiculed.

I have respect for them because they are handling this magnificently. Put yourself in their shoes. You're having hundreds of people jumping down your throat, reprimanding you for making one questionable decision, being publicly attacked and unable to defend yourself no matter what. They're not retaliating. Others are. I respect those who try to diffuse the drama, not those who fuel the fire.

I am not in any way praising them. To clarify and be blunt (since I danced around this in my first post), I don't think Kali should have been promoted. She said just as awful things in that chat log, hence why I left her name out in the people I tagged. I side with the majority on that one, but as for Abs, I have yet to see what she did that was so wrong.

I agree with you. But this doesn't mean we have the right to attack them for their wrongdoings. Forgiveness is something we ALL need to practice. The sooner this is over, the better. I too hope Amy sees what needs to be done, but if she stands by her original choices, that's fine by me.

Hope this helped clear things up for ya. :)
I have to disagree with the first bolded thing. From what I got from the logs, it seemed like Amy removed a staff from that staff for an accusation that another staff didn't get removed for. She then ignored and refused to talk with/ about the case. Refused to give details. Apologised after too long saying she needed someone else to help her say sorry or something. Just meh. Maybe it is one side but chat logs don't lie.

Second bolded phrase I disagree with as well.

That accomplishes absolutely nothing.
my goal was not to accomplish anything, it was just a statement.

edit: it was mainly pointed towards those arguing over each others opinions. like everyone's allowed to have one and if you disagree, then politely say you disagree and maybe list some reasons why, but don't be freaking rude to each other just cause someone sees something in a different way than you do.

After reading through this thread completely (By the time i heard about it the forums were already down), here is my thoughts on the matter. This may or may not be a long post, but a lot of it is in line with what appears to be the vastly majority opinion in this thread:

The original post in this thread answered NOTHING. Except for letting us know that nothing we say will change anything. How many staff have left? I think the real question is how many are still remaining. I think it's easier to answer then listing all of the ones who had enough sense to get out, or who were backstabbed and pushed out.

You said you wanted to let everyone know both sides of the story. You failed. Unless you have the link to the tumblr posts (which i have heard have been getting deleted on the forums), you do not know the other sides story, and guess what? You banned them all. How convenient.

You're joking, right? People on both sides have abused their position. I don't know if you're throwing darts or picking names out of a hat (Just kidding, obviously it's a huge power trip for you guys to kick out anyone who does not agree with you), but this statement is absolutely ridiculous.

This is like an older child "investigating" who broke the living room lamp, when they both did it. The verdict? The younger child! But why do you ask this mom and dad? Do i have my side of the story to share with you and make logical sense? No. But i'm the older child and you should just trust what i say is right and move on.

No you won't. What price will you pay? You already told us nothing we say will get your staff position changed. The price that is being paid is this amazing community that a lot of is cared for is being torn apart because some staff members use this game as their personal power trip.

That's why like half the staff got perma-banned for no reason, right? Including staff who have not been active in months. Take Snow. Was arguably the most unbiased and helpful admin i have seen. But you don't want old staff members who left on good terms coming back and sharing some truths, do you?

It would show 2 sides of the story. Because right now, your side is not looking too great.

Please remove the "My" from MyVMK. It is clearly not a community. It is a medium in which a few individuals let the power go to their heads. We don't have a say in the matter? Thanks for letting us know that our opinions, that we are "entitled" to, are completely worthless and will be completely ignored and disregarded.

How do we salvage this community? I see a couple possibilities, none of which will ever happen:

• MyVMK source code is released to let others create their own servers and allow us to start anew without the toxicity that this game as become.

• The files from the original VMK (The ones OpenVMK had and shared with Amy when they brought her on, which she used for her own MyVMK) are released to the public. This would be not nearly as ideal as the first option, but it would be something.

• Huge staff overhauls. Some of us care about the future of this community and game.

Again, none of these things will happen. But those three options are, in my opinion, the best chance this game has at survival.

Almost every single one of us (Ironically, except perhaps Amy) has experienced losing this game when the original shut down. A game we invested a lot of our childhoods into. Are we overreacting? If it appears we are, it shows how much this community CARES about this game and does not want to lose it again. We see what kind of path this is going down and us being vocal about our opinions is our way to try to stop it.

Since my opinion is apparently irrelevant and will not change anything, here is my honest opinion:

The remaining staff are the ones who have caused the drama. Blaming Cricket for leaking information is like the US Government blaming Snowden. Cricket did not cause this, merely shed light on it and let us know about how ugly this game is behind the curtains. I think the majority of the remaining in-game staff (I say majority because honestly i have lost track of who is left, and do not want to group someone who is not involved with this) are immature and incompetent at being staff. They let their bias's and need for power interfere with their positions as staff.

Those who have known me for a while or have seen my posts on the forums know that i have never been shy to share my opinions, whether they be popular or unpopular. And honestly before this thread the reason i did not make a topic on the leaked information was because i genuinely did not want to get banned from the game, and i knew the topic would be deleted in minutes anyway. You have allowed free and open discussion in this thread, which i think is one great decision that has been made over the past couple of days. You guys may or may not be regretting it at this point, but the forums have always been a place where posts with any critical or even slightly negative connotations would get closed/deleted, and that is a big reason why this has remained hidden for so long. I mean this site looks like it was taken off a page out of 1984.

This last bit is directed mainly towards @Amy:

I don't want these opinions and posts everyone is sharing to be ignored, but i don't want them to let it affect your personal life either. I know that the backlash from the POTC situation caused the development to become even slower because the thought of it made you remember how upset people were. Everybody voicing their opinion here is because they don't want to see this game and this community fail. I think this thread is a great first start. It lets people both voice their opinions and lets people get some steam out. But to have the staff member who made the post say our opinions don't matter and won't change anything? If this is truly a community then maybe we should start looking at what the community thinks.

thank you

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I am sorry. I may not know the behind the scenes info. I do not care. I care with what I do know. After all this going on and people beyond upset, Two staff members are banned for life. Now someone who can deal with a crisis would have not done this yesterday with people's emotions so high. Instead of trying to calm the the group this did nothing but fan the flames and add more mistrust. I do not care what their reason's were it was very poor judgement in my mind. I went from upset to just angry. This was arrogant. There was no need. Take away their admin abilities, their staff clothes and etc but to ban their accounts went way to far and was vindictive.

One of these staff made me feel so bad I cried for days. I found out there are others she did the same thing to. I actually got notes from them just this week. I cared about Amy. I supported Amy. I wanted to help Amy. But as long as you have some one who has no people skills when dealing with a crisis you will not get the help you need. I am sorry this game is dead unless you get rid of the cancer. I am sorry most staff did what cricket did. That is not an issue for me. It is the lack of respect a staff member has for the players.

I find it appalling that Amy will let a bully be a admin. I am beyond shocked.

Lost

I am sorry. I may not know the behind the scenes info. I do not care. I care with what I do know. After all this going on and people beyond upset, Two staff members are banned for life. Now someone who can deal with a crisis would have not done this yesterday with people's emotions so high. Instead of trying to calm the the group this did nothing but fan the flames and add more mistrust. I do not care what their reason's were it was very poor judgement in my mind. I went from upset to just angry. This was arrogant. There was no need. Take away their admin abilities, their staff clothes and etc but to ban their accounts went way to far and was vindictive.

One of these staff made me feel so bad I cried for days. I found out there are others she did the same thing to. I actually got notes from them just this week. I cared about Amy. I supported Amy. I wanted to help Amy. But as long as you have some one who has no people skills when dealing with a crisis you will not get the help you need. I am sorry this game is dead unless you get rid of the cancer. I am sorry most staff did what cricket did. That is not an issue for me. It is the lack of respect a staff member has for the players.

I find it appalling that Amy will let a bully be a admin. I am beyond shocked.
I heard from a semi-reliable source that Tink got unbanned and apologised to, but the reason for the ban wasn't given, and the person who gave the ban wasn't named.

I don't even know what I really believe any more but I agree with the last 2 paragraphs. I'm not that shocked though after all that's happened, just sad that this is the direction they are deciding to go.

EDIT: As for Snow's account. It was primarily a staff account. I think a possible reasoning would be that the 2 accounts banned they thought may have been used vindictively in the future or to impersonate staff after they left. Many staff accounts don't get banned after they leave, not sure about their powers though, so it was strange that that was the reason given this time.

Just seems like inconsistent moderating in terms of dealing with ex-staff accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.