Clearing the Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tay

Really? Okay, so issue number 1: No matter how much speculation there is regarding the Community Leaders, we will NOT reveal their identities, regardless of who you think they are. A majority that have guessed have been more incorrect than I can say. Issue number 2: Amy has done this on more then one occasion.. to multiple people. In fact, I recall an occasion where everyone in the kingdom was turned blue.. hmm.

-Snow
Sarcasm doesn't look good on you...dear. Staff don't need to reveal the CL's """identities""" because they let it slip themselves. Turning everyone blue isn't a valid point considering it was everyone in the entire kingdom (: In all honesty I think Amy should be careful with who she decides to form friendships on here, as recently been brought to light. Not saying everyone who tries to be Amy's friend has the wrong idea, but sucking up to someone in power isn't really a good foundation to their friendship. (:

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
When is amy going to get another developer to help?

it might not be a bad idea to monetize some aspects of the community to pay for another dev.
So you don't think that her paying for the servers and programs and computers she has to work with is payment enough for something that she isn't even getting payed to do? You really think she should spend who knows how much money paying another developer to work? She's fortunate enough to have all of these other staff working for free for her. I'm sure Amy's (and any other admin's...) position is already a lot to handle, and is very stressful, I don't think she needs the added stress of finding another developer to pay to work on a game that she has made by herself from the beginning. At this point in development it would honestly be easier just to keep on doing it herself instead of explaining and laying out everything that she's already done to the new developer, let alone paying for one...

Sarcasm doesn't look good on you...dear. Staff don't need to reveal the CL's """identities""" because they let it slip themselves. Turning everyone blue isn't a valid point considering it was everyone in the entire kingdom (: In all honesty I think Amy should be careful with who she decides to form friendships on here, as recently been brought to light. Not saying everyone who tries to be Amy's friend has the wrong idea, but sucking up to someone in power isn't really a good foundation to their friendship. (:
Please, please, stop. Just because you have a hunch, does not make it true. Everyone keeps saying this however, we have the logs. We know exactly what the Community Leaders reveal and do not. We understand you are all upset regarding this. However, Amy admitted her fault.. Will she ever do that again? Probably not. It's over and done with. She has learned and understands how sensitive the community has been regarding this entire thing. Lesson learned, now can we all just be happy? Maybe try to just be happy to be alive? I started this position with one of the most negative experiences in my entire life and this community, this game, did wonders to helping me recover so I know it can be a happy place. I know you are trying to give us advice but we are humans too.

-Snow

I was always raised to respect those older than you or in charge. And I will always respect Amy, Snow, and all other staff members no matter what happens, no matter if things are delayed, or a party is thrown for a friend of a staff member. Respect: it's the right thing to do and shows maturity. It's a shame not everyone was raised the same.

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
I see where the other all of the staff are coming from, and I can see that it's a stressful job (especially when you're having troubles at home and people that you don't even know criticizing you to get a larger implementation of a game out by a certain point in time, that was possible to achieve until certain things came up). Yes, I do agree that there are ways this whole situation could've been avoided, but criticizing and constantly biting at Amy and other admins that are already dedicating so much time to us is not going to help any, it's just going to slow the whole process down.

Myth

I was always raised to respect those older than you or in charge. And I will always respect Amy, Snow, and all other staff members no matter what happens, no matter if things are delayed, or a party is thrown for a friend of a staff member. Respect: it's the right thing to do and shows maturity. It's a shame not everyone was raised the same.
I have to agree with you on this one.

I really don't want to comment on any of this because people feel so strongly with their own opinions and it's best for me to just stay quiet.

Tay

Please, please, stop. Just because you have a hunch, does not make it true. Everyone keeps saying this however, we have the logs. We know exactly what the Community Leaders reveal and do not. We understand you are all upset regarding this. However, Amy admitted her fault.. Will she ever do that again? Probably not. It's over and done with. She has learned and understands how sensitive the community has been regarding this entire thing. Lesson learned, now can we all just be happy? Maybe try to just be happy to be alive? I started this position with one of the most negative experiences in my entire life and this community, this game, did wonders to helping me recover so I know it can be a happy place. I know you are trying to give us advice but we are humans too.

-Snow
I'm not blaming Amy. I'm actually really supportive of her and hope she gets everything settled in her real life because that's whats important. Just because you have the logs doesn't mean you'd be forthcoming with the truth; I've been blatantly lied to by staff members before and then events happened to prove they were lying. It's not easy to trust people that don't prove themselves trustworthy. Happy to be alive? This isn't a spiritual convention. It's a remake of a virtual Disney game on the internet.
My point that I was trying to get across was that ever since the CL program was brought in things have been slipping downhill. Since this is straying off topic though, I'll continue through PM.

I'm not blaming Amy. I'm actually really supportive of her and hope she gets everything settled in her real life because that's whats important. My point that I was trying to get across was that ever since the CL program was brought in things have been slipping downhill. Since this is straying off topic though, I'll continue through PM.
Thank you dear. I very much appreciate it :)

-Snow

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Ok May I suggest Amy make another character that only her friends know so she can do what other players do.

We have here a life lesson on both sides. Personally I could care less who Amy throws a party for but here is the way I think people are seeing this.

You are employed at a company And the boss holds a party for one of her employees because they are friends out side of work. Everyone is invited. However all the other staff know they will never have a special party.
Human nature causes this reaction
Some will be jealous cause they really want to be friends with the boss to.
Other will not talk to the person the party is for. They will either be afraid of something getting back to the boss. Or they will be mean to her because she is a chosen favorite. Others will be jealous. Other may be sad because they feel left out.
Other will not care and just enjoy the cake.

This happens in real life in real offices all over the place. Boss are allow to be friends with their staff however majority have decided to keep morale up in the office to keep their friendship quiet from the other employees.

So in the end the poor birthday girl was hurt and that is sad . Most players I am sure would treat her fairly. However there are many who would not. So this nice friendship surprise ended badly. I knew as soon as I heard this that it was not going to end well. Mostly for the birthday girl which is very sad. Because having life experiences you have probably encounter something like this in your work experiences.

So Amy is the boss in a sense of Myvmk the employees are the players.

Amy can chose to do what she wants in the game. However, reality is she does not have the same freedom to do so. It is sad she should but the reality says it is not. Just like a celebrity should be able to walk the streets without being harassed for autographs. Amy in a sense to some is like a celebrity too. For many put her on a pedestal. So as much as she should be able to play like other players the green eyed monster of many players will not let that happen.

So by having an account that no one knows who you are Amy then you can have the same freedom which would make the game more fun for you. Lets you be friends with who ever you want. The Original Staff of VMK did that. I never knew that some on my friendship list were actual staff. :)

Most players respect your right to play the way you want; to sad that there are also many who will not. We can not change everyone though I wish I could. Most I feel bad for the birthday girl and I send her hugs.

Oh I wanted to Add Amy has visited many birthday parties. So I would have seen no issue her holding a party for a friend under a character known only to her friends. Then have her real character show up and do what she has done to many players in the game. Adding some colour changed clothing, or doing special magic etc. So her friend would have had a awesome party with no drama and still had something special done :)

Last edited:

Jasmine

Here's my two credits.

I think a lot of us have come to expect the same kind of professionalism we experienced in the original game and we're not satisfied. The staff members were employees that worked as moderators, running events and keeping the operation running smoothly. They were friendly and helpful, but reserved. Strangers. We didn't them on a personal - or even "friendly" level. We could trust them to help us and create an enjoyable experience, but they couldn't be any more than an acquaintance. Mere overseers of the Kingdom. No obvious favoritism or special treatment of any kind. This kept a clean, secure, and professional image. Again, I think a lot of us expect the same on the forum from our experiences on VMKMagic which was extremely well run. I think a lot of people secretly wish everything to be the way it was. Is that going to happen? Probably not. We're much older and a different group is running the game, so the outcome is obviously going to be very different. That doesn't have to be a bad thing, but that doesn't mean we can't strive to become the community we once were if that's what we really want. We just shouldn't expect so much from this small group of people. Regardless, professionalism is something I take to heart.

I could go on and on about how I don't support any form of special treatment from staff members, but I'll save my breath (fingers?) This is obviously a very...passionate community. I think everything should be kept on the same level - even temporary gifts. Envy is a nasty little thing and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Of course, I'm not saying you shouldn't be fun and friendly with the community. It's important to connect, but...not on such a personal level.

Also, something I'd like to point out is I think some of the anger/frustration is coming from fear. These events are very similar to those prior to the fall of OVMK, so I can definitely understand why communication issues would be unsettling and cause a freakout. This is a prime example of why communication is key. There are maaannnyyy ways to prevent this chaos. I hope everyone takes this as a positive learning experience. (:
Agreed (I disagree that we shouldn't expect it from this group just because it's small though... there have been smaller teams that have practiced professionalism well), and I think professionalism is the key point here. It boils down to some of the issues that have been brought up in this thread - for example, the birthday party.

There's a lot more I could say but it'd end up being too long and someone would get mad and say I'm bashing someone. Not to mention I don't feel like any responsibility would be taken or that what I'm saying would even be heard. Nonetheless, I'll keep it short and simple.

Professionalism is important in any business. Whether people see it that way or not, this game is a business and needs to be treated as one. As it's been said before, there are certain things you simply cannot do when you're in charge. I know it can be difficult to grasp and you may completely disagree, but it's the truth... You may not have malicious intent (I don't think most people generally do), but all I ask is that in the future, that a lot of decisions be thought out more. Ever since the opening of the game, I've gotten the feeling that most big decisions that are made are made spontaneously because many fail or have to have big changes made to them. I could be wrong about that, but that won't change how I feel. And perhaps a lot of the professionalism problems stem from the forum and game being so close (which is why I've personally never agreed with it). I assume that can be tempting at times for those in charge. But since the forum is here and here to stay (or so I assume), it's going to have to be dealt with.

With all of this being said, this is the sole purpose of this thread: A reminder that you are all being heard. Every last one of you. If it takes us a bit to respond, remember there is probably a long list of PMs that we have to get to before responding to yours. We are working hard to ensure we work towards being a welcoming and just a friendly community. I'm going to end it on this note, a positive one. If you have any more concerns, please do not hesitate to send me a PM. I will answer as soon as I get the time <3

Thanks,
-Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.