Community Announcement regarding Community Leaders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
I'm going to be addressing some of the issues that arose in this thread:
  • Community Leaders will be making separate accounts this time around. This is to avoid having the players that are chosen having to balance between being professional and just playing the game. Seeing as our staff have separate accounts, we feel as though it would be a lot easier for the Community Leaders to as well.
  • The recommendations that we have allowed to be sent in, do not necessarily benefit whoever is mentioned. We know the players, we know that friends will obviously try to recommend their friends. Just because someone is recommended to the program, does not mean they have an advantage over someone who just applies. Everyone has an equal chance.
  • The duties of a Community Leader will be: Being a model player to the community, welcoming new members with open arms, being a guide to new players that need assistance with learning about the kingdom, CLs will be given tasks to allow for a smooth running program, when HOSTs need assistance a CL can be called upon to help out with an event, and overall being a source of information to new and old players alike.
  • How will this program be different? For one, the separate accounts make the separation of being a player and being a leader much easier. The CL's will be a very small group, being much easier to look over. The rules that the Community Leaders will need to abide by are very specific, which will not allow immature behavior.
  • There is not a specific amount of time you must be active in order to be considered "active".
  • Just because there are applications does not mean that we are going off of the applications alone. We know our players, we have seen some very good players around the community without their being a position involved. We know who is doing well around the community, with or without the applications. That being said, the purpose of the applications is to give us a look at players that we might not have necessarily did before. We do not remember every single player, with the community growing, it is rather difficult. They also give us a insight at who wants the position, considering some players might not.
  • One thing I will say over and over again, it is not a popularity contest by any means. Just because a player is well known does not increase their chances of being chosen for this position.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask <3

-Snow
After much consideration on the topic I firmly believe that with the changes made by the myVMK Admin Team to the Community Leader Position it will be less likely to be abused. The five players that accept the CL_ position will be the ones that really do want to help new players. In the near future you will be able to ask a CL if a player is legitimately new and you’ll hopefully be more inclined to give that player free without worry of being scammed by a clone. I wish Snow best of luck with her program and hope the people that are chosen make a positive impact on the community. I apologize for my previous application to the CL Program and have removed my facebook post on the issue.

Remember the Community Leader Program is now going to be Anonymous so those of you who just applied for the "title" and wanted to change your ingame name to for example "CL_savvy.max" You will no longer be able to do so, instead you will be choosing a new identity for your CL volunteer duties. This position is to help new players and those that really want to help welcome and retain those new players will be the ones chosen.

PS If you are quitting myVMK and would like to give items away to new players I am fairly certain CL's will be able to accept those donations and would be happy to distribute those items for you. "correct me if I am wrong on this Snow"

This is a really good idea! Great to really have members step up and become role models for the rest of us!

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I like the idea that we will know if a players if legitimately new. I never saw that as a possibility. I was not sure about the anonymous part. Because to me it lacked transparency. Made it harder in someways. But if it truly helps new players I am all for it. I was appalled to hear yesterday a player bragging he scammed a new player out of a dream shirt. Saying that he would trade them for a stitch hat. He put in a bunch of stuff in the trade along with a stitch ornament. If done fast so the new players did not see that it only says stitch ornament. It made me very mad and I felt ill. Then was told a certain group does this all the time and he would do it again. I hope they were banned and the stuff given back to the new player and a IP ban. (This is the lowest of the low and is not your normal saying bad words ban ) How do you expect new players to stay with this going on. Having a CL make really cut down on this behavior.

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
I like the idea that we will know if a players if legitimately new. I never saw that as a possibility. I was not sure about the anonymous part. Because to me it lacked transparency. Made it harder in someways. But if it truly helps new players I am all for it. I was appalled to hear yesterday a player bragging he scammed a new player out of a dream shirt. Saying that he would trade them for a stitch hat. He put in a bunch of stuff in the trade along with a stitch ornament. If done fast so the new players did not see that it only says stitch ornament. It made me very mad and I felt ill. Then was told a certain group does this all the time and he would do it again. I hope they were banned and the stuff given back to the new player and a IP ban. (This is the lowest of the low and is not your normal saying bad words ban ) How do you expect new players to stay with this going on. Having a CL make really cut down on this behavior.
A CL program will not cut down on people being jerks. Stitch Hat Ornament scams have happened before and to my knowledge they have been reversed by staff. I would suggest they definitely file a help me report. If @Amy wanted to fix this from happening anytime a Stitch Hat Ornament or Princess Hat Ornament is added to the trade window it would trigger a Message telling the player receiving it that the item just added to the window is a Furniture item not a Clothing Item. Also I don't think it's a good idea to publicize scams like this in multiple threads and hope this post and your post get deleted...

Littlebelle

I hope it does not. You can not stop scams unless you know what the scam is. You can not warn your Myvmk friends who are not on this forum unless you what the scam is. By bringing the scam out of darkness you have the greatest ability to stop this. As this is not just happening to new players but Veterans as well. Just the veterans will not let this go unnoticed. They will shame that player. But I do not want it to becoming bullying. How do you think they stop email fraud, phone fraud. They do News reports. Then you make sure your friends know about the new scams. You will never stop scamming but maybe can prevents someone from falling victim. So if the post is deleted you are not informing the community of scamming and how to prevent it. That would be far worse in my books.

Last edited:
Question: some of us have been playing the original VMK from day one, but just now discovered MyVMK. Does it hurt our chances of being accepted, even though we are just as familiar with the interface and the community leader expectations of VMK as people who have been on MyVMK longer?

Question: some of us have been playing the original VMK from day one, but just now discovered MyVMK. Does it hurt our chances of being accepted, even though we are just as familiar with the interface and the community leader expectations of VMK as people who have been on MyVMK longer?
While you may not be known, it doesn't hurt to try! Apply, state why you'd be the perfect fit, and hang around the Kingdom, you'll have a good chance like everybody else!

Eliz

Mademoiselle

While you may not be known, it doesn't hurt to try! Apply, state why you'd be the perfect fit, and hang around the Kingdom, you'll have a good chance like everybody else!

Eliz
That's definitely I relief! I am in the same situation, but I really hope there is no bias based on time periods in the choosing. So glad for this clarification!

That's definitely I relief! I am in the same situation, but I really hope there is no bias based on time periods in the choosing. So glad for this clarification!
Regardless of the amount of time you have been with MyVMK, your chance to chosen will be the same as everyone else :)

-Snow

Littlebelle

I am concerned I sent in my application before more details came out about the program. So My application would be a little more specific than what I submitted. I decided not to resubmit since I am sure if you have any questions you will ask if I am in the running. :) Good luck to all who have applied.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I am concerned I sent in my application before more details came out about the program. So My application would be a little more specific than what I submitted. I decided not to resubmit since I am sure if you have any questions you will ask if I am in the running. :) Good luck to all who have applied.
You'll be fine, I'm sure. As they said before, the app isn't everything. And I'm sure yours is very good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.