Create-an-Egg Competition Winners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindsay

Three lucky ducks will have a chance at getting their eggs put into the game and sold on Easter day!
(taken from the contest announcement)

Are there still going to be some for sale, or was that idea scrapped and eggs were added to the hunt instead?

I appreciate having you agree, it means a lot.

There are many lovely eggs, and I have enjoyed the event of hunting them - but this needs to be brought to attention.

Disclaimer: These are my words, not Thorn's. So anything I say is fully mine and to be put on me.
I'm really really hoping that his cursed Maleficent egg is going to be sold or something along those lines.
I went to sleep livid because I know that Thorn worked really hard on that egg and SO MANY people liked it and wanted it.
If it doesn't end up in game I will take it personally.

I get worked up when my friends are involved (I hope it's for nothing).
I hope I'm making a big ol' emotional fool out of myself and that his egg will pop up in store or start popping up tonight.

However, I still don't get how it wasn't top 5 (I'm not a judge, so I'll just hope there was no bias in regards to the judge's favorites).
I'm no designer, I have no talent in the realm of digital design but I can judge when something is better than another.... and if my eyes aren't enough
check views and likes on @Thorn 's post.

Raging. :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

PudgeTheFish

There are many lovely eggs, and I have enjoyed the event of hunting them - but this needs to be brought to attention.

Disclaimer: These are my words, not Thorn's. So anything I say is fully mine and to be put on me.
I'm really really hoping that his cursed Maleficent egg is going to be sold or something along those lines.
I went to sleep livid because I know that Thorn worked really hard on that egg and SO MANY people liked it and wanted it.

I hope I'm making a big ol' emotional fool out of myself and that his egg will pop up in store or start popping up tonight.

However, I still don't get how it wasn't top 5 (I'm not a judge, so I'll just hope there was no bias in regards to the judge's favorites).
I'm no designer, I have no talent in the realm of digital design but I can judge when something is better than another.... and if my eyes aren't enough

Raging. :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
This is probably going to get deleted.

britboy

If likes and views counted for how good something is, Gangnam style would be the best song ever. Also just because Thorn worked hard on his, doesn't mean it should auto be sold! Everyone worked hard on theirs, and there were probably 50 plus to choose from.

Lindsay

Thorn's egg was wonderful, but if it shows up in game after this post then it's a giant slap in the face to absolutely every other person who entered the competition. Throwing a tantrum on this post and taking the spotlight away from the winners won't change that. Somebody else won; their egg had what the judges were looking for. Say congrats, be happy for them, and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably going to get deleted.
Probably, because having an opinion and voicing it usually gets shut down pretty quickly....

Staff/mods with any bit of professionalism/decency (which I've never had a problem with thus far) can politely correct me and tell me to calm down. I don't see the need for my posts to be deleted. I very clearly stated that I'm emotional over the bit. The process of judging being explained would probably shut me up.

If likes and views counted for how good something is, Gangnam style would be the best song ever. Also just because Thorn worked hard on his, doesn't mean it should auto be sold! Everyone worked hard on theirs, and there were probably 50 plus to choose from.
And of those chosen to be put in game how many were designed by players??

Gangnam style has nothing to do with the point I was trying to bring across which is that if so many people liked it, the judges must have not liked it... or must have chosen over it. Perhaps, my suggestion would be next time the players get to choose which eggs they'd like to see in the game (without knowing whose is whose).[DOUBLEPOST=1428267965][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thorn's egg was wonderful, but if it shows up in game after this post then it's a giant slap in the face to absolutely every other person who entered the competition. Throwing a tantrum on this post and taking the spotlight away from the winners won't change that. Somebody else won; their egg had what the judges were looking for. Say congrats, be happy for them, and move on.
Because I didn't state before everything else that I thought the eggs I've seen in game were lovely? I have congratulated those I know who have won. There is nothing disrespectful about stating how one feels about something. Especially when I did so with no intention of being rude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jasmine

Gangnam style has nothing to do with the point I was trying to bring across which is that if so many people liked it, the judges must have not liked it... or must have chosen over it. Perhaps, my suggestion would be next time the players get to choose which eggs they'd like to see in the game (without knowing whose is whose).
Before, you mentioned a possible bias on the staff's part. If anything, I think this would allow even more bias because I guarantee you people would tell their friends which egg is theirs. And if it's done in private, then the person can't even be disqualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.