Votes: 0 0.0%

• 46+

Votes: 35 20.2%
  • 5 years younger than Ranch's age

Votes: 24 13.9%

• Total voters
I don't think there's an "age limit" at all. If not for photos and people openly posting their age, no one would know, nor would it matter. Just as there's no age limit on who can visit the parks or enjoy Disney films, etc. there shouldn't be one here or anywhere. The most important part is that you're having fun! (:

LisaMarie

I don't think age matters, fun isn't limited. Disney is for all ages, from 1 to 100. Haven't you seen the commercials ;)

LOL at the last option tho. Poor Ranch<3

Shakespeare

Doesn't matter!

I mean Disney isn't about the age & what not, who DOESN'T enjoy Disney?

My dad 45 still watches Disney Channel/ Disney Movies, he enjoys the entertainment. He still plays Video games & I'm sure many of us will be like that. Age doesn't have to define whether you should play VMK it was never intended for any age purpose.

I think that honestly there are way too many older people who play this game, I know that it's an online game and that it's really fun and stuff, but people kinda need to grow up.. I don't mean it in a rude way, but seriously. VMK was meant for younger kids, usually around 7-15 I'd say. MyVMK is different, it has different rules and different restrictions, so for this game I'd say players should be 7-25. Anyone who is older.. I seriously think shouldn't. I mean, as long as you aren't on ALL THE TIME! If you have a family then I see why you play this with your children, but if you just play it for the fun of it, why? I know there isn't any age restrictions and it's fun for everyone, but it kinda is a kid game. I don't really want to make this head in a bad direction though, it's just my opinion. Hope I don't offend anyone :P

Ranch

VMK was meant for younger kids, usually around 7-15 I'd say.
For the majority of the community, it was a way to bring the magic of the parks home. Nothing made a VMK fan want to be back in the parks more than the sounds of the game.. no matter how long the fan has been on this planet.

kalyee

I think that honestly there are way too many older people who play this game, I know that it's an online game and that it's really fun and stuff, but people kinda need to grow up.. I don't mean it in a rude way, but seriously. VMK was meant for younger kids, usually around 7-15 I'd say. MyVMK is different, it has different rules and different restrictions, so for this game I'd say players should be 7-25. Anyone who is older.. I seriously think shouldn't. I mean, as long as you aren't on ALL THE TIME! If you have a family then I see why you play this with your children, but if you just play it for the fun of it, why? I know there isn't any age restrictions and it's fun for everyone, but it kinda is a kid game. I don't really want to make this head in a bad direction though, it's just my opinion. Hope I don't offend anyone :P
So long as older player aren't being inappropriate towards/with younger players or sexualizing aspects of the game, why should age matter? If it hadn't been mentioned, you'd never know how old half these players are - why does a number change ones perception of an individual? It should go by actions.
VMK was a big part of a lot of peoples childhoods, yes, but it was also incorporated in the parks, so any adult visiting could've easily taken a liking after being introduced. It's a way to bring what is often an expensive and unaffordable luxury to the homes of anyone and everyone, and it's an easy environment to get along in.
Toontown was marketed towards children, but I had more adult friends on that game than I saw kids.
Age shouldn't limit you from harmless games, rather, your actions should make that choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So long as older player aren't being inappropriate towards/with younger players or sexualizing aspects of the game, why should age matter? If it hadn't been mentioned, you'd never know how old half these players are - why does a number change ones perception of an individual? It should go by actions.
VMK was a big part of a lot of peoples childhoods, yes, but it was also incorporated in the parks, so any adult visiting could've easily taken a liking after being introduced. It's a way to bring what is often an expensive and unaffordable luxury to the homes of anyone and everyone, and it's an easy environment to get along in.
Toontown was marketed towards children, but I had more adult friends on that game than I saw kids.
Age shouldn't limit you from harmless games, rather, your actions should make that choice.

I'm just saying that as an adult you should spend more time with your family and doing your job than playing online, as long as adults aren't on like 8 hours a day I don't see a problem,

kalyee

I'm just saying that as an adult you should spend more time with your family and doing your job than playing online, as long as adults aren't on like 8 hours a day I don't see a problem,
Regardless, couldn't the same be said of younger users? They should be spending time focusing on school/getting a job/their families rather than the internet?

Regardless, couldn't the same be said of younger users? They should be spending time focusing on school/getting a job/their families rather than the internet?

yes, but as an adult there are a lot more responsibilities, and they just shouldn't be on as much. not that games are good for any age of humans.. but it just seems more appropriate in my opinion :P

WOW :ugh:

yes, but as an adult there are a lot more responsibilities, and they just shouldn't be on as much. not that games are good for any age of humans.. but it just seems more appropriate in my opinion :P

WOW!! :wut:

again, when did creeping become and oldies game?

Exodus

again, when did creeping become and oldies game?
Lol... I have witnessed young members (early 20s) involved in inappropriate activities with other younger (underage) members taken OUTSIDE this game (in form of other social media). If anything, I haven't witnessed ANY negative or disturbing activities from older members. And Ranch, the accusations upon you by certain players are just vile and sickening. Please do not take their words to heart, if anything, they're the ones with the sick perspective and mindset on little things.

I'm sorry, but who are you again to tell adults how to manage and spend their time? If they have 8 hours of their day to spend on MyVMK and can manage to feed a family of four, that is nowhere your business to judge. You do not know everyone's schedule to give advice on what they should and shouldn't be concentrating their attention on.

I'm sorry, but who are you again to tell adults how to manage and spend their time? If they have 8 hours of their day to spend on MyVMK and can manage to feed a family of four, that is nowhere your business to judge. You do not know everyone's schedule to give advice on what they should and shouldn't be concentrating their attention on.
Apparently you can not read.
in my opinion :P
I never told them to do something I suggested that they should. I'm saying that spending time with family and friends is a way better way to spend your time then here on this game.
once again,
in my opinion :P

Ranch

And Ranch, the accusations upon you by certain players are just vile and sickening. Please do not take their words to heart, if anything, they're the ones with the sick perspective and mindset on little things.
Thanks for that, and I completely agree with you.. most of the trolls don't know anything about who they're trying to get a rise out of, they just spew garbage from their mouths until our mod staff has to come clean up their filth.

And to add to the fire that's brewing here, I believed all along VMK was NOT intended for younger crowds. Not in a vulgar sense, but in the revenue department... VMK DEPENDED on users like myself, who brought themselves to the park and upped the $130 park ticket.. just to get a game perk in the form of buying physical gold ears in the park.. which was another $15 dollars. But I mainly use my age bracket (and up), based on conversations with ALL WDW VMK Central CMs.. they (all) wanted fans to fill out guest comment cards @ city hall about our love for the game. And they knew, we (of a more mature nature) would word them comment cards well.

Having our ticket(s) scanned for quest perks was rather crucial to VMK's longevity.. Claimed park quests not matching game registrations was a huge issue.

As long as nobody is abusing rules on the game because they think they don't have to follow the rules because of their age, and as long as nobody hurts anyone (physically or mentally) I don't see a problem with what age the people on here are. But I just think that as an adult you should spend your time more wisely, kids don't have as much responsibilities and I don't see a problem with them spending their whole day on the game, but as adult you have to face family, jobs, and more responsibilities. But as long as you are good at all that stuff I don't care :p