Fireworks Guide & Help

Is it my imagination, or are we seeing different combos?

green swirl, dark purple swirl, dark purple swirl (level 3)
light blue snowflake thingy dark blue double snowflake thingy (level 5)
Amy changed up the combos in the game during an update from late this afternoon :)

ClarityG

Yes, the new combos have thrown me off quite a bit because I focused on only one of the three different games, so I could have the combos memorized and always know when to hit them. Now "my" game is gone so I'm scoring lower. But I think I've already found which of the new games I like best so far and will practice it until I know it as well as the old game. Unless it gets changed again, of course!

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Alot lower for me the combos are not giving out as many points as they used to. Usually I could get 3 combos a level higher up even more some stages of the 3 Keys gave of one. My skill has not really changed that much on the first level but I am averaging 750 to 900 instead of 900 -1150. Trying to figure out what is different

Is the scoring different because since the update My scores are about 20 points of in the first level. I am seeing this alot more too from other players. Those that are good a fireworks seem to no be as effected as the weaker players.

So just what was changed it is a lot tougher. Is there a way to tell what game you got. Since there are now 10 games now?

Also I find the baby blue snow flake combo really hard with lag. Not thrill with the changes and for the really weak players the combos help. It is what it is so I will just grin and bear it. :)

The same amount of points are there. I am generally getting in the same range of points after every level. Sometimes I will get 900 points on 4.1 and only 400-500 on some of the stages in level five though. So I feel like there is a large exchange between points available in some levels and less in others according to which seed you get, but the total points available are the same.

I understand what you're saying, Happy, and I agree. :)

Geggy

The same amount of points are there. I am generally getting in the same range of points after every level. Sometimes I will get 900 points on 4.1 and only 400-500 on some of the stages in level five though. So I feel like there is a large exchange between points available in some levels and less in others according to which seed you get, but the total points available are the same.
I absolutely agree. :)

I can only speak for myself.
I am here to relive, not change the game I loved so much.
Hoping at some point it would be possible to have both versions available. Please Amy, Pretty please.
Thx for the read.
The game, as it was in VMK, cannot (sadly) be exactly duplicated. If you're talking about the original Fireworks, then yes - it would be nice to have access to both. :)

I am grateful for the addition of more seeds to the game, though. It makes it more fun, and more interesting...not just the same thing over and over and over. I find myself enjoying the game even more than VMK's edition of Remixed, to be honest.

ClarityG

I am grateful for the addition of more seeds to the game, though. It makes it more fun, and more interesting...not just the same thing over and over and over. I find myself enjoying the game even more than VMK's edition of Remixed, to be honest.
I agree. After playing the new seeds a little more and realizing that there are more of them now, I think it may be too much trouble to keep trying to find one specific seed to learn well like I did before, unless I'm really looking to increase my personal best score. For now I'd just like to earn credits and maybe try for crates or keys (haven't received any of either yet), so I will just accept that my scores will be lower since I no longer know the combos inside and out. It's fun to have different games to mix things up. :)

I absolutely agree. :)

The game, as it was in VMK, cannot (sadly) be exactly duplicated. If you're talking about the original Fireworks, then yes - it would be nice to have access to both. :)

I am talking about the fireworks Amy originally designed for us. I very much enjoyed it that way.

From reading this thread it is apparently referred to as "3 seeds." It brought back many fond memories of the game that closed in 2008. I tend to do many things in VMK, so the "3 seed" does not get boring.

For me it has nothing to do about relearning sets, combos and earning credits. Heck, I hit 5K for the first time under the "new seed set up".

Fireworks and the entire game Amy (and anyone that may be assisting) created is more about nostalgia and memories for me.

I don't care about the economy. Perhaps that makes me rare or in the minority. Either way, I am grateful for what we have for as long as I choose to stay.

Adds: So, by 2 versions, I meant the "3 seed" and the current version with "more seeds".