Fireworks Lobby

Amy

Head Administrator
I just coded the fireworks lobby for 1.0. It's a lot less buggy than in previous versions.

For example, now the waiting for X more players thing works.

So does the highscores menu.

The in-game highscores menu will be updated INSTANTLY. You can click it immediately after leaving a fireworks game to see your position on the leaderboard. The top scores are cached serverside, and if a score is older than 24 hours it's removed (so it won't have a reset time like the one on the main site).

There's one more thing I haven't finished with it, but I'll do that after I've coded fireworks (which will take less time than the lobby for weird reasons).

ClarityG

So, if the "Waiting for X more players" thing is working in 1.0, does that mean we will no longer be able to play a game alone? It's been really nice not having to wait for other people to join a game, especially during times when there's hardly anyone else online.

Jasmine

So, if the "Waiting for X more players" thing is working in 1.0, does that mean we will no longer be able to play a game alone? It's been really nice not having to wait for other people to join a game, especially during times when there's hardly anyone else online.
I'm wondering this as well.
In fact, I never noticed that it doesn't work o_x.

Geggy

The slow times are what scares me if this works...like when I'm the only awake one in a lobby.

Ranch

I think VMK waited for 5 players.. across ALL instances. I would go to an empty instance and wait to start.. the game was more in sync when in a empty lobby, and we eventually had to come in 2nd place and be the closest to 240,000 for magic.

We can no longer play games alone? :/

Amy

Head Administrator
We can no longer play games alone? :/
I didn't say that, the thing was there because it was demonstrating that the thing was working. I'll probably make instance #1 require at least 3 players (maybe 6 depending on how many people are online at the time), and the others 1.

I didn't say that, the thing was there because it was demonstrating that the thing was working. I'll probably make instance #1 require at least 3 players (maybe 6 depending on how many people are online at the time), and the others 1.
Thank you so much, Amy. That's awesome. :)