Fireworks: Questions and Answers

this post/thread is wonderful and i thank you so much for it. i am glad to see that someone is sharing information about the game! cant wait to see the finished product!

Geggy

I am as well! I was pleasantly surprised. But Kevin mentioned in the shoutbox that that isn't how the score is awarded. Is the award system for credits no longer 20 percent of your final score?
Well, I just played a game, and the verdict is in. My credits were 20 percent of my final score. :)
this post/thread is wonderful and i thank you so much for it. i am glad to see that someone is sharing information about the game! cant wait to see the finished product!
You are quite welcome - glad to help!! I can't wait to see the finished product, either!

I can honestly say, this helped me improve sooo much. And in just one game!
Thank you very much! :D

cyre

one thing that bugs the heck out of me is not being able to see the firework very well when other fireworks have just exploded around it, and the 'cursor' blocks it kinda.

Shrimp

Yup. Just when I reach the 4000s (with a laptop), others have already reached 6000+. I will catch up someday. Maybe 5 more years later.

Geggy

Should I focus on getting as much flawless as possible or would it be worth more to skip a few fireworks for combos?
Great question!

The answer is that it depends on the level and timing of the combos. I usually tell people to focus first and foremost on getting as many flawless possible. After that, try to think about the combos. In the higher stages/levels, the combos are worth a lot of points, so sometimes it's perfectly fine to ignore the flawless and go for the combo. I'll still be working on the timing of some of those combos, because some of them take planning, but that's what I do in general.

- - - Updated - - -

For those who haven't seen, I've updated some of the questions to reflect the changes from the last MyVMK Update. Those questions are marked as "UPDATED" in the OP.

John

Do you keep a spreadsheet of your scores?
When I asked you in game if you knew what your best score for the first round/stage was you knew it

If you do why do you keep it, or decide to start it?

Geggy

Do you keep a spreadsheet of your scores?
When I asked you in game if you knew what your best score for the first round/stage was you knew it

If you do why do you keep it, or decide to start it?
I take screencaps of my scores when I have made it through a round with no mistakes. It's easiest to do with VMKPal, so that's what I use.

I do that because I am a numbers guy. I like knowing how I'm doing compared to what would be a perfect round. Eventually, I'll have a few of them committed to memory, just because I'm like that...lots of repetition. Knowing those numbers also helps me determine what the possible top overall score might be...again, just to know how I do compared to that...

I keep a spreadsheet, 'cause I like to know when I've beaten my previous scores. Let's me know if I'm getting any better. ;)

Ranch

I would love to see a you tube vid of our MVMK firework all stars playing a game.. My high game is 6485.. and I would LOVE to see what small tricks along the way there are that I'm just not doing.

I played a game with Geggy and my jaw hit the floor when he scored 7500.. I bow to you.. firework god.

Geggy

I would love to see a you tube vid of our MVMK firework all stars playing a game.. My high game is 6485.. and I would LOVE to see what small tricks along the way there are that I'm just not doing.

I played a game with Geggy and my jaw hit the floor when he scored 7500.. I bow to you.. firework god.
I think a game with the top players is a fantastic idea!!!
Perhaps we can coordinate such an event this weekend...or soon, if not.