Forum Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO

I'm sorry but the second sentence is completely against the spirit of any "backseat moderating" rule.
Actually that's exactly what a backseat moderator does.
quoting a rule is not acting as a moderator, nor trying to act as one. quoting a rule is just that - quoting a rule. moderating include things like reprimanding, warning, excessive "stop breaking the rules". but a one time, friendly, good faith reminder of a rule is not backseat moderating.

this really looks like an attempt by the staff to just forbid any and all public discussion about them, the rules, etc. by disallowing any mention of the rules at all. -slow clap- because that's worked so well in history (both real life and online).
Do you not know what a backseat moderator is? Because if you are quoting a rule and telling people what their doing is against the certain rule, that's backseat moderating....

As stated:

Backseat moderators publicly point out that a user is breaking a rule or quote the MyVMK Rules in a post to warn other users.
We have clearly defined what a backseat moderator is in the rules. So anything that goes against this, is breaking that rule.

It says Tapatalk is working. But I can't find it anywhere...
Please try Tapatalk now :thumbsup:

BSM rule on another site I am formerly a staff member of:

Back Seat Modding
A person may not act like or impersonate a moderator or an administrator of this forum unless they are one, this includes but is not limited to usertitles. Back seat modding includes but is not limited to: correcting another user or taking matters into your own hands by replying, PMing, or scolding another user. This behavior often ends in a flame war or makes the targeted user upset and therefore is not tolerated.
It does say in the MyVMK forum rules that if you see an issue, you should press the Report Post button so that a moderator can do their job and get it sorted out. That it is what it's there for.

EDIT: Post probably doesn't make sense now, since some posts were deleted.

Off-Topic; the reason why the above posts were deleted was because they were becoming spammy and clogging up the thread with a debate that is unnecessary.

I will continue to update as the time goes on and where neccessary :halcyon:

The Disrespect rule has been amended in the Forum Rules.

Content that is disrespectful will not be tolerated and will be removed. This includes, but is not limited to: calling people names, insulting others, starting arguments, using hurtful sarcasm, publicly criticizing staff members, and refusing to heed warnings set forth by forum staff.

Whispered

Really? Third time this post has been deleted? It has broken no rules, nor have I received any explanation for its deletion (PM is fine, I'm waiting).

Staff should read a definition of "disrespect" in their favorite dictionary and be prepared to show the community which one conforms to their belief that "failure to obey" is "disrespect".

Would you call Rosa Parks' failure to obey the police's request to move to the back of the bus disrespect, even though she did it in a polite manner?

---------------------------

I'm confused on why the post below was deleted as well.

(whoops hit quote instead of edit)

---------------------------

I'm also wondering why delete reasons seem to not be showing up in this thread?

Jasmine

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I just mentioned to a friend how your other posts must have been hard deleted ;o.
That, or it's another bug related to the alpha version we're running on...

We do not hard delete any posts on the forums. I will look into the reason as to why you cannot see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I just mentioned to a friend how your other posts must have been hard deleted ;o.
That, or it's another bug related to the alpha version we're running on...
alpha version ftw (that is not inapropriate the f does not mean what you think it does ok)
I thought you meant "for the win" until you even brought up the fact that it wasn't inapropriate.

Uh... Can this forum update be explained? Why did we revert back to vB 3?
As far as I know, because it's much more stable, extensible, and overall better than vBulletin 4 and 5. I much like this "downgrade" turned upgrade, and for the most part everything is back in place minus a few things like rule pages.

I'm surprised the "staff will PM a short reason to a member if their post is deleted" is a new thing... but this isn't the first forum to forget to do so. Thanks for the post!

Status
Not open for further replies.