Fourth of July Fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
having 3 (maybe more idk) designers in the game, i'm sure they had already thought of the pin before this thread was even posted.. it's not like this is an incredibly unique idea that nobody else could have possibly thought up lol

T

Tinsel

having 3 (maybe more idk) designers in the game, i'm sure they had already thought of the pin before this thread was even posted.. it's not like this is an incredibly unique idea that nobody else could have possibly thought up lol
Lets be 100 with eachother right now. Lets say @PudgeTheFish and I hadn't of made the mock up pin. Do you think the pin in-game would have a gradient background? Would it have a boy with a white shirt wearing a mickey fourth of July hat like Pudge's pin did? Would it have white fireworks like mine does? Honestly would they have even thought of the pin in the first place...it's a very obscure idea that I doubt would have even come along if the idea hadn't blown up and gotten a complete positive reaction from the community. My pin was an idea...a mock-up which in all aspects of the word means "work-in-progress". They could have come to me and at least asked me to change it. That's why I'm hurt that our ideas were taken.

ok i don't understand. you posted an idea in the idea section for the staff to take that idea and put it in the game, and this happened, but you're upset because of a white shirt and colors that are a universal symbol of the holiday? that doesn't make sense to me
if it's bc they didn't actually use your pin or because they didn't contact you before using the idea (assuming they even got the idea from you), that's kinda silly.
you're taking this way too personally when literally all u did was recolor a pin and switch it around a little

Last edited:

Wonder

ok i don't understand. you posted an idea in the idea section for the staff to take that idea and put it in the game, and this happened, but you're upset because of a white shirt and colors that are a universal symbol of the holiday? that doesn't make sense to me
if it's bc they didn't actually use your pin or because they didn't contact you before using the idea (assuming they even got the idea from you), that's kinda silly.
you're taking this way too personally when literally all u did was recolor a pin and switch it around a little
Well when they've given credit to people for doing the same thing in the past, it's not unreasonable for her to expect at least a shout out for the idea. You'd be upset too.

Lets be 100 with eachother right now. Lets say @PudgeTheFish and I hadn't of made the mock up pin. Do you think the pin in-game would have a gradient background? Would it have a boy with a white shirt wearing a mickey fourth of July hat like Pudge's pin did? Would it have white fireworks like mine does? Honestly would they have even thought of the pin in the first place...it's a very obscure idea that I doubt would have even come along if the idea hadn't blown up and gotten a complete positive reaction from the community. My pin was an idea...a mock-up which in all aspects of the word means "work-in-progress". They could have come to me and at least asked me to change it. That's why I'm hurt that our ideas were taken.
Lets be 100 with each other right now, all of those features, could have definitely been thought of by another graphic artist. You can't say that it's with 100% certainty that they 'stole' your idea.

I think having something in game that you think you made is already an awesome gesture and the fact that many others in the community will enjoy it would be humbling enough. Is it credit and fame that you want?

Well when they've given credit to people for doing the same thing in the past, it's not unreasonable for her to expect at least a shout out for the idea. You'd be upset too.
if it was posted in any other section than this one, maybe yeah.
i haven't been around that long so i don't know what has happened in the past, but i feel like this situation is something to be happy about rather than upset

Wonder

if it was posted in any other section than this one, maybe yeah.
i haven't been around that long so i don't know what has happened in the past, but i feel like this situation is something to be happy about rather than upset
I don't understand "if it was posted in any other section than this one." This section is specifically for player made items? And a lot of them have ended up in game and the person who made them was at least thanked in the newsletter?

T

Tinsel

Let me rephrase.

I'm upset because they didn't give credit where credit is due. I don't care that they didn't use my pin. It would have been great if they would have privately messaged me and asked me finalize the pin and make it more "game appropriate" and use it or asked if it was okay for a designer to take the idea and make it better. I would have definitely been okay with it. Instead they took the idea and gave zero credit to anyone. You can't just take an idea and change it and call it yours. You have to give credit, or a community is going to fight back.

@Lilac This section is is made for game ideas and suggestions...what do you think that means. I'm not going to post it in off topic and expect Amy to magically come across it. That's exactly what this section is for.

Lindsay

Lets be 100 with eachother right now.....Honestly would they have even thought of the pin in the first place...it's a very obscure idea that I doubt would have even come along if the idea hadn't blown up and gotten a complete positive reaction from the community.
You want us to be 100? Ok...

Saying your idea blew up is kinda a huge exaggeration seeing as how you have 1 page of comments before the pin was released. There have been other ideas with much more support that did blow up that never made it into game.

Very Obscure idea? This has probably been suggested before and there has been a lot of recolors lately. A recolor of the second rarest magic was wanted by just about all of the community, just nobody made one yet. It was bound to happen soon.

If we want to get technical, all you did was make a pin, not magic, and they didn't use any part of your pin.

Not trying to be snappy, just trying to be completely honest. It's completely possible this was made before you even talked to pirateboi about it and they should have sent you something say it was, but they didn't. If this was made only because of your idea they would have credited you, it's that simple. Rather than being upset maybe you should just enjoy the magic before it's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.