what would you do?

• disagree with him & put the photo up

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • agree with him & not put the photo up

Votes: 35 87.5%

• Total voters

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
okay, so I heard this story on the news and I want to see what your opinions would be.

a few days ago this guy on the news told the story about this 9 year old and his mom.
the mom took a photo of her 9 year old son & after she took it, he said to her "don't put that on your facebook". she said, "well, its my facebook so I can put it up there if I want to." then he said back to her, "no, its my imagine and I don't want it on there."

so, that leads to my question. if you were the parent and your 9 year old said that to you, what would you do?

my own opinion:
i wouldn't put his photo on my facebook. i would try and compromise by taking a photo of him that he did like so i could put it on there. i think about myself in the situation and if someone took a photo of me i didn't like, i wouldn't want it up there either. lol

Last edited:
Well less talk about death and poverty, a topic on Facebook and kids is great!

I wouldnt put it on, why should I make my kids mad with unnecessary photos. Wrong on the mom's part.

DarthTimmy

Well, that's the thing about being in public.. you're in public. People can take photos of you and do whatever they want with them. Now, as far as the legality of this I'm not completely sure when it comes to something like facebook. I do know for shows like Cops they'll simply blur your face and it's legal for them to use the footage. But for an underage kid this is obviously different, and of course if the person really did post that photo on their facebook it's just a rude move.

omg YAAAAASSS

Oh my lanta - CAN SOMBODY TELL MY SISTER THIS? She takes ALL SORTS of pictures of me When Im at my lowest. (you know, when your at home chillen with no weave and whut not) Well *claps: TELL ME WHY MY SISTER COMES in WITH HER MY LITTLE PONY DISPOSABLE CAMERA and snaps PICS of me and uploads them on THE INTERNET - THE WORLD WIDE WEB FOR ERRBODY TO SEE! [This lil girl got me patting my weave FO DAYS] heres proof - You were warned.
[Say something negative bout me I dare you, cause I don't play]
#cringes

crying Rn.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol this is what our world has come to .. there's no point in making your kid angry, so just leave the picture off the internet.. not that the 9 year old should really be that concerned anyway.

mark

10 mins late to everything
I always tell my mother dont upload it to facebook... she says she wont and then she does, we have a argument because she likes the tell the world her whole life.

Did you mean image instead of imagine? Jw.
And it's her son.. I guess it would depend on what kind of picture it is.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Honestly this should be true for anyone. You're taking a photo of them, if you didn't get their permission, or they made it evident they didn't want their image on your page, you should respect that. It doesn't matter if it's your facebook, it's their face and their image, they have the right to discretion of who see's it and where it's posted if it's posted at all.