Here from Day One Badges

How should we give out day one badges?

• Give them out to people on Day One only.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruits

So Amy was talking to me and she has come up with the idea of if we were to say, leave the Day 1 Badge open to all for the first 2-3 days. We wouldn't necessarily call it the "Day 1 Badge" anymore. We were thinking of changing the name to "Here From the Beginning" or "Here Since the Beginning". What do you guys think?

Sincerely,
Fruits

I think we should have Day 1through Day 3 pins. So if you joined on Day 1 you would have a Day 1 Pin, If you joined on Day 2 you would have a Day 2 Pin, and It would stop at Day 3 with a Day 3 Pin. Day 1 Pin: Gold as usual, Day 2 Pin: Silver, Day 3 Pin: Bronze. Just a thought. If that's not possible than I'd rather have just a Day 1 Pin given out on Day 1, otherwise it wouldn't be called Day 1 Pin.

Fruits said:
So Amy was talking to me and she has come up with the idea of if we were to say, leave the Day 1 Badge open to all for the first 2-3 days. We wouldn't necessarily call it the "Day 1 Badge" anymore. We were thinking of changing the name to "Here From the Beginning" or "Here Since the Beginning". What do you guys think?

Sincerely,
Fruits
This could be a nice idea. I will have to mull it around....but it would be nice to have something all MMK's own. Not sure it would be much different from a Day 1 badge given out during beta though.

Fruits said:

Sincerely,
Fruits

Great idea.. or you could call it " I was able to connect" JK I think this idea would be great, for two reason, its gives people time to figure out what issues they have in logging in, and its different... MMK's own version of day one pins.

- Grizzly Rocks -

The_Jedi_Master said:
Camp said:
What if, we had Day 1 thur Day 7 pins? based on the day you join you would still have the honor of the pin, some just a little more rare than the others? - just an idea -

- Grizzly for president -
Except then the rarest ones would be later days. Day 1 would be common.

Good point :)

Abraxas

Fruits said:

Sincerely,
Fruits
I'm fine with this. I like the sound of it more than Day 1/2/3 badges.

I voted "other." However, I agree with the first option.

My reasoning? If there's going to be a day one badge we need to know that we'll actually have access to the game in the first 24 hours. The first day of OVMK hardly anyone got in, there were multiple connection issues, etc etc etc. The amount of people that "legitimately" received the 1st day badge would have been significantly lower if the people who actually attempted to play the first day got in; as apposed to letting everyone for the first 72+ hours.

I don't think we should be allowing everyone that's there for the first week to receive the first day badge. FIRST DAY badge. Not first week, first 48 hours, read what the title of the badge says, FIRST DAY. First day = 24 hours.

There's nothing cryptic and confusing about this. As long as things run as smoothly as they were when Amy conducted maintenance and people were able to connect without consistence DC'ing, I think option one will be fine. However, if we're going to have consistent connection issues I think badges for the first day should be held off on. Although, I think this is just one of those things that realistically is just a hit and miss.

Either way. First Day badge = FIRST DAY. Lets keep it simple and straight forward.

Just as an added note. Amy, i'm extremely pleased to see that you created a poll for the something the community can vote on. Just shows that you're leagues ahead of any of half-brained moronic developers who push out updates and make decisions not based on community feedback. +1 to you. Hope has been restored.

I'm thinking the first 48 hours, however I don't know when the game is opening so when you have a date set in mind will you announce that so we all can be prepared to get on during that time.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
I was originally for just the first day. But the arguments presented by Geggy and cruise has changed my mind to be somewhat more lenient on when this badge should be given. I understand computer issues and that it would be very unlucky for someone to experience a problem for a day and miss the opening.

Now if we do what Fruits as posted as Amy has suggested I think the whole beta phase would be perfectly fine for such a badge or up to a week.

Part of me agrees with Day One meaning exactly that--as long as we all have adequate notice of when the game will go live. The other part of me thinks maybe after Day One, anyone who registers and plays for the first week could receive something like a Charter Member pin.

I like the idea of doing it for the first 48 hours, gives people plenty of time to sort out any issues if they can't get on to ensure they get one.

A few days sounds good to me. It'll give time for problems and whatnot to be fixed so everyone who already had planned to log on will be able to get in. :)

AthleticAisha

I think only for day one unless there is an issue with the server not allowing people to get on (like OVMK)
If we keep it only for day one, some people would have them and some wouldn't. This is how it was in VMK.
Considering most of the people planning to play will be rushing on for day one, I don't think this will cause a problem. If you miss it, you miss it

Foamy

They were really common in OVMK as well, so it doesn't really matter. Might as well make them available for the duration of the beta.

Aurora said:
I'm thinking the first 48 hours, however I don't know when the game is opening so when you have a date set in mind will you announce that so we all can be prepared to get on during that time.
I agree with this! I have a hectic schedule, so I need to plan when I play. As long as a good heads up is given and the server is stable everything should be great (:

I beta tested Pirates of the Caribbean game when Disney had it in development. What they did was asked us if we wanted to beta test, I signed up and it was basically a closed beta testing with a lot of people who had pre-enlisted. When the game opened to everyone after all the kinks were worked out all of us who had beta tested got a founding members pin attached to our names. basically a gold coin with an F stamped on it. That could be an option, perhaps even a Beta tester tag of some kind. But I do think if you do a day one pin do it for at least 48-72 because sometimes people can't get on that day and it would suck to miss if we've been here the whole time.

Geggy

AtomicAsa said:
I never understood why something called a "Day 1" pin was given out during an entire beta phase in VMK. But what I liked about oVMK was that the "Day 1" pin wasn't overused and people were given some time to get them. I think in MMK giving them out for a week or so, a set period of time is fair. Gives everyone some time to obtain one, while also keeping it special by keeping it small scale.
It's called "Day 1" because all of the time in beta wasn't considered "official." Day one started when the game went live to the general public, so all of the people who were there in beta testing were there for the official Day 1. :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.