Heroes of Winter Maze

While this is a fun game to play, out of the almost full hour of playing I have only been successfully able to load through the rooms twice. I always crash within the first few rooms, or not even able to enter into the room after the queue.

Wonder

Can someone clarify which pins are supposed to be the "rarer" ones? What prize am i exactly trying to go for?? Like whats the point of trying to get farther if I don't even know what prize im trying to get lol

what is the Jack Jack mini contest?
Details about the contest can be found here!

Can someone clarify which pins are supposed to be the "rarer" ones? What prize am i exactly trying to go for?? Like whats the point of trying to get farther if I don't even know what prize im trying to get lol
The losing pins are the White Rabbit, Cinderella, Stitch, and Peter Pan. Everything else are winning pins.

Victoria

Question: why is there two teleporters in the icy dungeon: Santa’s snowglobes? I picked the wrong teleporter and got caught. If that’s the last room shouldn’t I win?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe you when you say that the paths don't change since that is what you said. But how is it that I can take the exact same teleporters/paths, and sometimes I make it into Santa's house, and sometimes I am caught. How is it I can make it upstairs, and sometimes I am caught? Sometimes I make it into the closet, but sometimes I am caught? Is it because someone has gone before me and when I do the same thing I am caught? I wrote things down that worked, but I got caught at times that took me further before. Can you give a clue as to why this happens or no? LOL

Question: why is there two teleporters in the icy dungeon: Santa’s snowglobes? I picked the wrong teleporter and got caught. If that’s the last room shouldn’t I win?
Both paths are random, they have the same chances of winning or losing. And it's the last room BEFORE the winning room, you can still lose. Indiana Jones doesn't exactly always grab the treasure without mishaps you know? You may still get caught or a trap might spring up! I know you guys are frustrated but it's really not supposed to be an easy maze. I didn't want to spoon feed you guys because where's the fun in that? Maybe it's not fun to lose, but it's not fun to constantly win either. Games need a challenge, and I wanted to actually bring forth a challenge. Easy events are boring, in my opinion. What if video games never posed a challenge? Would you play them? They guide your hand the whole way through without you needing to do anything. That wouldn't be a fun game at all.

I believe you when you say that the paths don't change since that is what you said. But how is it that I can take the exact same teleporters/paths, and sometimes I make it into Santa's house, and sometimes I am caught. How is it I can make it upstairs, and sometimes I am caught? Sometimes I make it into the closet, but sometimes I am caught? Is it because someone has gone before me and when I do the same thing I am caught? I wrote things down that worked, but I got caught at times that took me further before. Can you give a clue as to why this happens or no? LOL
So, the way paths are set up is that they are random chance, as I explained in an earlier post. A path would be set up to go in 2 different rooms: the losing one or the next room. Depending on the room, or how far you are, I set the possibilties of your chances of making it to the next room. So an example track would be set to the losing room once and set to the continuing room eight times. Your chances of losing would thus be 1/9 and continuing would be 8/9, if that makes sense.

Example:

Welcome to Disney Springs! -> The Road to Downtown (correct path) -
!track go-allr 165919 343 165480 884 165480 884 165480 884 165480 884 165480 884 165480 884 165480 884 165480 884

(165919 343) would be the room ID and spawn point of "Erm...What's the Date?" which is the losing room. Out of 9 times, you have 1 chance to lose.

(165480 884) would be "The Road to Downtown" which is the continuing room, and out of 9 times, you have 8 possible chances to continue.

The lowest possible chance I EVER set is 1/2, which is in every second to last room before the winning room.

An example would be on the same path:
Little Shop of Wishes -> Weather Forecast (Snow Machine) - !track go-allr 165919 343 165919 343 165919 343 166050 47 166050 516 166050 516

(165919 343) would be the same losing room. Out of 6 times, you have 3 possible chances to lose, making it 50/50.

(166050 47) would be the rare pin and out of 6 times you have a possibility to win once.

(166050 516) would be the uncommon pin, 2 times out of 6 you will be able to teleport here.

Since someone won the mini-contest I can post the screenshots of every room now!​

The Adventure Begins...
Heroes of Winter

The MyVMK Airport

Check-In

Waiting Room - Flight A113

Waiting Room - Flight 077

Waiting Room - Flight 1923

Take Flight

Wrong Flight

Mount Lotusblom
Welcome to Mount Lotusblom!

Into the Mountain

Lotusblom's Chilling Cavern

Frostbite Lake

Snowy Sunrise

Glacial Gulch

Subzero Sanctum

Penultimate Palace

Arctic Armory

The Grand Queen: The Ice Lotus

Forecast: Light Snowfall

S-so...Cold...

The rest of the maze will be continued on the next post~

The Big City
Welcome to Disney Springs!

The Road to Downtown

Paradise Pier Bridge

The Big City: Downtown Disney

626 Mill View Street Corner

After Dark

Sugarplum Park

Parking Lot

World of Disney Outlet Mall

Little Shop of Wishes

Erm...What's the Date?

Mysterious Island
Welcome to NOT the North Pole!

Lord of the Elves

Forest of Illumination

Reindeer Stables

1225 Claus Ln.

Humble Abode

Mr. and Mrs. Claus's Bedroom

Into the...Closet?

What the...

Icy Dungeon: Santa's Snowglobes

Caught!

43 rooms in total! Spent about 2 weeks building the whole maze and it was stressful. I'm so glad to be able to finally show it off to all of you! <3​

I'm not sure the odds are working like you intended them to. I just lost 2/3 on the one that was the "right" track into the house a couple of days ago and lost 2/3 as well in the room with just one teleporter. The rooms are really lovely, I am just tired of seeing the same rooms but failing over and over again. I can't even get through one maze and I know the right tracks. I just wanted to let you know why people are getting frustrated. Thank you for all of your hard work in putting the maze together.

From what I can tell, it seems like there's about a 2-3 percent chance of winning if you take the right path. At least for the Santa path, there are 8 stages where the correct teleporter has about a 75-80 percent success rate and 2 stages where the correct teleporter is around a 50 percent success rate. Once you multiply all of those probabilities, the odds get pretty slim. Which I guess is fine if you want the winning pins to be super rare, but when people have to wait in a queue and then ride rides for 2-4 minutes over and over while they slowly figure out the best path and then, once they figure out the best path, continue riding rides for 2-4 minutes over and over for a 2 percent shot at a pin, it's going to get pretty tiresome. The pins would have to be worth somehwere in the ballpark of 100k to make that process any more lucrative than just playing jungle cruise for those 4 hours a day.

I'm not sure the odds are working like you intended them to. I just lost 2/3 on the one that was the "right" track into the house a couple of days ago and lost 2/3 as well in the room with just one teleporter. The rooms are really lovely, I am just tired of seeing the same rooms but failing over and over again. I can't even get through one maze and I know the right tracks. I just wanted to let you know why people are getting frustrated. Thank you for all of your hard work in putting the maze together.
Personally, I'm fine with people being frustrated at the difficulty. Coming into an event and expecting the prize handed to you so easily is kind of the wrong mindset to even have. When someone comes in immediately and the only thing they ever ask is, "What's the prize?" it kind of shows what you believe this game is meant for: virtual material wealth instead of just a fun challenge. I'm not saying this is you, but there are some things I notice from a lot of the players on my end as well! Think of my maze as that difficult level in a video game that you just simply can't beat or takes a lot of time to beat. You either continue to try and beat it or you give up, that was how I wanted it. Thank you for the compliments about the rooms though!

If you win is it random what winning pin you get? Or is there a specific one for each of the places in the maze?
It's random for that specific path, but there are 2 pins that are set for each of the different paths. So if you keep taking the same flight, you'll only have the chance to win 2 of the winning pins.

Personally, I'm fine with people being frustrated at the difficulty. Coming into an event and expecting the prize handed to you so easily is kind of the wrong mindset to even have. When someone comes in immediately and the only thing they ever ask is, "What's the prize?" it kind of shows what you believe this game is meant for: virtual material wealth instead of just a fun challenge. I'm not saying this is you, but there are some things I notice from a lot of the players on my end as well! Think of my maze as that difficult level in a video game that you just simply can't beat or takes a lot of time to beat. You either continue to try and beat it or you give up, that was how I wanted it. Thank you for the compliments about the rooms though!

It's random for that specific path, but there are 2 pins that are set for each of the different paths. So if you keep taking the same flight, you'll only have the chance to win 2 of the winning pins.
I understand that it wasn't meant to be easy, but after you do all the events so far, except maybe one which is easily 10+ hours of doing the maze events , probably a lot more than that, not including the extensions you did on a few and only have 1 of the 6 pins, is also more annoying than frustrating. It's already a lot to figure out the paths, which I've figured out and that was challenging in itself since you can get caught and it was a lot of trial error to find the correct paths, to then go 13-14 rooms with random chance, make it to the very last room where you take the teleporter that would give you the pin and get caught and not be able to make it back into that room or the one before it again is more than just frustrating. After so many rooms of being random chance, getting caught along the way, and too many times than I'd like straight from the waiting room, is rather frustrating. The last room where you take the teleporter to get the pin, (perfectly okay with the pin being random) should be guaranteed after all the times you get caught to get there and trial and error of random chance along the way, its only fair that in the very last room not be random chance at all. It's already a lot of rooms prior of chances to get caught. Sometimes I only make it to the room second to last 1-2 times an event, and that's being generous and always lose.

I play lots of video games myself and I do love the challenge in them, but when you die a lot, you learn patterns or better strategies to beat it making it easier each time, and in this case you can't do that since it's random chance, it's not in your favor by skill. You can only just continue to take the same route and hope the odds are in your favor. It's satisfying to know you know the route and it builds a bit of confidence but it sucks getting caught so many times along the way, in some rooms more than others. I've put a lot of hours into video games to complete them, and even get all the achievements so I understand the concept you were going for, so I love your metaphor about video games, but video games are mean't to be beaten at some point.

I understand that it wasn't meant to be easy, but after you do all the events so far, except maybe one which is easily 10+ hours of doing the maze events , probably a lot more than that, not including the extensions you did on a few and only have 1 of the 6 pins, is also more annoying than frustrating. It's already a lot to figure out the paths, which I've figured out and that was challenging in itself since you can get caught and it was a lot of trial error to find the correct paths, to then go 13-14 rooms with random chance, make it to the very last room where you take the teleporter that would give you the pin and get caught and not be able to make it back into that room or the one before it again is more than just frustrating. After so many rooms of being random chance, getting caught along the way, and too many times than I'd like straight from the waiting room, is rather frustrating. The last room where you take the teleporter to get the pin, (perfectly okay with the pin being random) should be guaranteed after all the times you get caught to get there and trial and error of random chance along the way, its only fair that in the very last room not be random chance at all. It's already a lot of rooms prior of chances to get caught. Sometimes I only make it to the room second to last 1-2 times an event, and that's being generous and always lose.

I play lots of video games myself and I do love the challenge in them, but when you die a lot, you learn patterns or better strategies to beat it making it easier each time, and in this case you can't do that since it's random chance, it's not in your favor by skill. You can only just continue to take the same route and hope the odds are in your favor. It's satisfying to know you know the route and it builds a bit of confidence but it sucks getting caught so many times along the way, in some rooms more than others. I've put a lot of hours into video games to complete them, and even get all the achievements so I understand the concept you were going for, so I love your metaphor about video games, but video games are mean't to be beaten at some point.
Yes I understand that games are meant to be won. And you can win this game, you just need a mixture of time, skill, and luck. It took time for you to learn the path through trial and error and skill to understand that maybe there is a pattern to it. And I understand the frustrations with the last rooms, but I kept the last rooms that way because the whole way through I want there to be a possibility of, "am I going to make it or not?" and that feeling of relief when you DO actually make it through that last bit is exciting. Sure you may have gone through a lot of anger but you got it in the end. The last room isn't the last room, the WINNING room is the last room.

Thank you for your concerns about the difficulty though, I may not change the difficulty, but I do appreciate the input. I just want to spice up the list of events with something difficult and challenging! It's the players choice if they want to try it or not. :P

Rizz

For me there is rarely ever a q to get in (shocker with all the clones), going through the maze only takes a few minutes, and the rooms look great. And regardless you still win something in the end. Maybe people are a little too accustomed to having their hands held during these types of things. It's luck based, and intended to be difficult, I'm not sure what people expect.

Keep it difficult, it makes the prize all the more prize worthy.

On a separare note, VMK had a potc minigame, where you had a very slim chance at winning the sparrow suit-but it was near impossible. I played it hundreds of times growing up. This host event is infinitley more entertaining, not to mention easier (in terms of luck), than that game.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk