Hollywood Studios Removing Sorcerer Mickey Hat

Inferno

This is all that is left of the hat now it honestly looks very sad right now and I guess now is the time for everyone to say their final goodbyes to the hat but still removing the hat isn't going to help make this park popular they need to try to do something else to make the park more popular like maybe adding an Indian Jones Coaster to replace the show.
They are adding things, removing this hat was just a step in the right direction.

Thorn

Make it Green
After 10 thinkings I have decided that the hat was actually ugly and only appealed to my inner child.

I will allow Disney to continue their renovations.

mark

10 mins late to everything
what they need to do is expand Pixar land into the backlot. Hollywood studios needs more attractions and I can think of plenty Pixar movie themed rides
favoritism!!!! ur only saying this bc u work with pixar =.=

not that ive ever been to disneyland but when i wen tto disney world i took several pictures with the big blue hat :( it was very memorable!!! i think it can continue to make memories if they just left it.

Myth

Hat wasn't needed there - love the hat, but it shouldn't have been thrown into the mix of '20s Hollywood - can't wait to see the Chinese Theater at the end of Hollywood Boulevard! :D
I watched a video that said there will most likely be a permanent stage placed in front of the theater. Not sure if it's totally true yet or not

Fiyero

We actually had a good discussion about the removal of the hat on the DCP Facebook page and a lot of us completely agree with Disney that it was time for it to go. While a cool thing to see, it was a huge eyesore when walking down the fabulously themed Hollywood Boulevard. The main drag is ripped right out of the Golden Age of Hollywood. Everything from The Chinese Theater to the impressive store fronts are themed perfectly. Then you have an obnoxious 120 foot tall cartoon hat in the middle of it all. It didn't fit at all and just looked awkward and haphazardly placed to anyone who walked in their without understanding icons. The rest of the icons all fit perfectly where they are and don't look like someone just started building a giant structure somewhere. They have a purpose and they match.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate the hat. I just hate its stupid location. If they did relocate it (which won't happen), I wouldn't mind a smaller version on the path to Fantasmic! so you can walk under it. I say smaller because if it wasn't, it would just look stupid over there with the ToT. So the smaller size hides it in the trees but still keeps it around. And the best thing about it: it's perfectly themed for Fantasmic!

VampireBoy

I actually think maybe a huge fountain would be great to replace the hat with that has like a Hollywood theme to it with maybe a Mickey Mouse statue in the middle.

LisaMarie

I remember when the hat wasn't even there. I do think it was beautiful to look at and I will miss it. I would not be surprised if a stage does go there because they always have a random ugly stage awkwardly in front of it anyway. Its weird knowing you can no longer get up-close and personal with two MGM (sorry it will FOREVER be MGM) icons. the hat and water tower since back lot is closed. MGM needs a revamp. Now that AI is gone (thank god, that was a horrid idea they had) and they have the whole back lot tour area. I rather TGMR be the "icon" rather than ToT because when MGM first opened the celebration was right in front of the theater. I would love to see some expansion to Pixar section. NOT Cars. Sorry that can stay in DLR.
Does anyone else miss who wants to be a millionaire?!?!

what they need to do is expand Pixar land into the backlot. Hollywood studios needs more attractions and I can think of plenty Pixar movie themed rides
I agree. In disneyland paris, theres a bunch of toy story rides that could be added in that area. Personally, I think Epcot's France pavillion could really use the same update as the new ratatouille ride in DLP. Nobody really goes to impressions de france, and if Norway can have a stupid frozen ride, why can't disney implement a better movie in my opinion to a pavilion that doesnt already have an exisisting ride??[DOUBLEPOST=1428040611][/DOUBLEPOST]
Truthfully, i approve of this if DISNEY RELATED things are implemented in the park. A Pixar expansion would be ideal. Nemo, Cars, Monsters Inc, INCREDIBLES etc woould all be welcomed. However, I love the hat. Its right behind the Castle as my favorite. But the park is even considering changing its name. To Disney Hollywood Adventure, as the studios do not produce movies anymore. I do not star wars stuff added, sorry its not disney idc if they own the rights. But Whatever it is, Disney will execute it flawlessly. They always do. I think that the new icon should be big and bold but embody the future of disney and the park
sorry but technically "pixar" isn't disney either, and with that logic the expansions you labeled are invalid. just saying.[DOUBLEPOST=1428041974][/DOUBLEPOST]as for the hat, good riddance. i really didn't like it much. in the beginning, i guess it was alright for a pin trading area, and a small shop, but then they started turning into a dance party at night and it just got lame. sadly, i dont remember the hat NOT being there, and i agree with everyone else - it distracts from the obvious golden age of hollywood theming of the area. i'd love to see the chinese theater there with all of the other scenery.

Last edited: