How do you get your music?

Whispered

I know there's lots of ways out there, me personally, I get it from Spotify (and yes I fork over the 10 a month so I can have it on my phone)

How do ya'll get your music?

My friend uses Spotify unlimited... Me? I like to own my music and be able to play it even if I'm offline. :P So it's usually iTunes for me... Youtube has good "lyric videos" for most music tracks, which is quite killing 2 birds with 1 stone since I like to know the lyrics and sing along. Many of these videos are legit straight from the artists themselves!

My friend uses Spotify unlimited... Me? I like to own my music and be able to play it even if I'm offline. :P So it's usually iTunes for me... Youtube has good "lyric videos" for most music tracks, which is quite killing 2 birds with 1 stone since I like to know the lyrics and sing along. Many of these videos are legit straight from the artists themselves!
Spotify subscriptions allow for offline use.

It's all about Google Play All Access. It's Spotify, but $2 cheaper a month (because I jumped on it), and the interface is prettier.

I didn't know this, thank you!
The catch is that the audio is encrypted so you lose the music once you cancel your subscription. Same drill with Google Play All Access. But I'm listening to at least a couple of new albums per month, so $8 is a lot cheaper in the short-term.

Also, I think Spotify launched an ad-supported mobile thing. I don't know if that lets you save the music though.

Whispered

The catch is that the audio is encrypted so you lose the music once you cancel your subscription. Same drill with Google Play All Access. But I'm listening to at least a couple of new albums per month, so $8 is a lot cheaper in the short-term.

Also, I think Spotify launched an ad-supported mobile thing. I don't know if that lets you save the music though.
Apparently now you can listen to playlists in shuffle mode on mobile. But the reason I like spotify is that I can just put a song on repeat with no ads and listen over. and over, etc.

Plus, spotify is cross-platform, and has a similar nice interface between PC, Mac, web browser, android, windows phone, iPhone, etc. whereas afaik Google Play Unlimited Thingy Whatever Its Name Is is Android/web only. I could be wrong.

vause

Spotify is pretty great, but I like owning my music, you know? Especially since I don't put my music on my phone.
I'll download full albums online -cough- or download MP3s from youtube. And on rare occasions I buy music ;)

karkat

first i journey way out to music mountain located deep within the himalayas where perched on top of the mountain, and only reached by an arduous upwards climb, is a buddhist monastery populated by monks who specialize in music distribution. First i must train among the monks and be accepted, a process that can take upwards of ten years. Upon joining the order I will approach the leader of these monks, and now my own leader, and make my single request, the only request I can ever ask of this leader. I ask for the gift of music. The monk leader will grant my request if I have trained hard enough and shown great prowess among the monks. He hands me a single record. He says "This LP is great, Shannon and The Clams is mad groovy". I then must leave the mountain, and leave all my new friends, and begin the journey to record player island. One day I will make it. One day I will listen to this album.

Plus, spotify is cross-platform, and has a similar nice interface between PC, Mac, web browser, android, windows phone, iPhone, etc. whereas afaik Google Play Unlimited Thingy Whatever Its Name Is is Android/web only. I could be wrong.
Google Play is web + Android exclusive as of now, but I don't like desktop apps, and Android is my go-to mobile OS. Eventually, iOS support will come out.

A

Amplify

listening to sirius xm in the car a lot.... they have awesome music especially on the HITS channel and ALTNation.. I also listen to Pulse too

Whispered

Google Play is web + Android exclusive as of now, but I don't like desktop apps, and Android is my go-to mobile OS. Eventually, iOS support will come out.
that's just about like saying eventually iTunes Radio will support android.

Plus, spotify has a web app - no install needed.

that's just about like saying eventually iTunes Radio will support android.
It isn't.

Because I just looked it up, and Google Play All Access is already on iOS.

iTunes isn't leaving iOS, because Apple wouldn't do that. iPhones make Apple's money, and moving their apps elsewhere isn't going to further that cause. Google wants to reach as many people as possible, because that's their business model.

Whispered

It isn't.

Because I just looked it up, and Google Play All Access is already on iOS.

iTunes isn't leaving iOS, because Apple wouldn't do that. iPhones make Apple's money, and moving their apps elsewhere isn't going to further that cause. Google wants to reach as many people as possible, because that's their business model.
Good on Google for being a company with a good business model that doesn't involve brainwashing their customers into thinking they need new things every 6 months.

I use iTunes, but I really need monitored. I can blow through a $25 gift card in one sitting, buying songs I haven't listened to in 4 years, or songs that are good now but I'll be tired of hearing in a month.