Idle Users

aliceblue

Since this has now been implemented in the game, can I make a suggestion? Is there any way to be exempt from this in our own rooms? It's going to make it very difficult to leave guest rooms open for visiting, trading, and games.

Since this has now been implemented in the game, can I make a suggestion? Is there any way to be exempt from this in our own rooms? It's going to make it very difficult to leave guest rooms open for visiting, trading, and games.
This really shouldn't be too much of an issue. Just remember to move/talk at least every 10 minutes.

aliceblue

This really shouldn't be too much of an issue. Just remember to move/talk at least every 10 minutes.
It already is an issue, in my opinion. There are quite a few of us who multitask while playing the game. I've been booted from a room I'm working on multiple times already.

It already is an issue, in my opinion. There are quite a few of us who multitask while playing the game. I've been booted from a room I'm working on multiple times already.
You get booted when you are actively working on a room? You surely shouldn't be booted if that is the case. However if the other tasks you are working on cause you to be inactive in the game for 10 minutes you could be considered not playing the game. I'm sorry it is an issue for you.

I think 5 minutes is a bit too short. JMO.

~Days

Amy said "we might change it but that's what it is for now". Remember in what Grizzly wrote, "When Fireworks is released, the shell game will move into the diving rooms and shells will only be worth a small amount of credits each." http://myvmk.com/showthread.php?1639-The-Game-is-back-online-Halloween-News!

Right now there is a LOT of importance in getting into the shell super rooms to make money for halloween stuff. I think the 5 minute afk boot is completely reasonable because it makes sure everyone in the super rooms are active and not taking up space of someone who wants to play.

I also had mentioned to everyone in the chat "It'll probably work better [queues] once there are more instances - queues work best for things like host event rooms and stuff ya know?" I didn't intend to direct that at Amy but she replied with "if we had instances there would be no super rooms".

All in all I hope this is just a temporary thing. Amy did mention, however, "it stops people from staying in their rooms overnight to keep the room on the guest room list" I didn't know this was a problem though... Not many people are even on at night. Any secondly, any room can be accessed by typing in the username. On VMK rooms would close and be inaccessible unless the owner opened it or you used a teleporter connected to it.

I hope the 5 min boot does change in the future though. I like being able to go afk or multitask while sitting in my room. Just because I'm not moving doesn't mean I don't have the top of the screen visible so I can see if anyone pops in to say hi.

I agree with everything but I disagree with 15 minutes. I say 5 minutes. 15 minutes is a long time when you're thinking of idling. 5 minutes is enough, if someone's going to be gone for more than 5 minutes, they should just log out.

EDIT: And we need instances. I made a thread a while back commenting on how it'll be impossible to play Fireworks without instances and Kevin commented that they'll be implementing them by then.

http://myvmk.com/showthread.php?1413-Fireworks-and-25-players

There's the thread ^ I asked it to be locked once I got my answer but it's pretty much black and white what'll happen.

What's happening is that the addition of queues, I believe, has essentially made the rooms harder to get into. Personally, I didn't mind things before. I could just click the room maybe ten times and get in. Now you're in a line and have to wait for the people ahead of you to get in.

These people who are staying are staying because it'll be so hard for them to get in again. They're probably away from their keyboards but have left the window open so they can get in again.

I agree with you, it's not fair. I'm just explaining why this is happening more than it did before.

Aceplanet

I agree with the kicking of idle users however my issue is, i was trying to get into captains quests quarters for the past 20 minutes and i get in the queue and ive learned if the queue takes longer than 5 minutes you are kicked from the queue. I think that if we are going to kick idle players we should only kick them if they are in the room, not in the queue, because if the queue is like over 10 people you might be waiting for more than 5 minutes.

I could be standing in the room clicking shells and easily not move for 5 minutes. People are much faster than me at clicking. And what about trades...they sometimes take more than 5 minutes and building, you don't really move when placing furniture, so will you be booted if you are doing something, but not moving? I don't think this was well thought out at all.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Since there are now Queues in rooms, It would be really important to kick idle users. If someone is not active for more than 15 minutes, they should have logged out of the game.

As of 5am (est) the queue for the Captains Quarters is 44 people long. There are only 4 active players in the room. The rest are afk in the door. People already complain that the clams game is unfair, but this is what's really unfair.

Some people also think that these people sitting in the door are actually clones being used to lock others out of the room. I'd like to believe that it's simply people falling asleep at their keyboard.. but I could be wrong.

Please fix this ASAP!
Hi Baka it was so nice to get to know you last night as we collected shells all four of us. Though we worked at collecting shells we actually got to know each other a bit which was nice. I actually made it to being the only survivor in the captains quarters. It got real boring clicking shells so I left. They were only slowly dropping at that point too many dead one to tell which was which. I spent time telling people the queue was broken no one inside. Then I went to sleep. It was very sad the clones were blocking.
the doors :(

I agree this is currently a very VERY unfair situation and a select few are going to become very rich because of it (not that they are the ones at fault, its just if they're in the room they have such an advantage over everyone else when people become idle). Not all the users are clones. Some people probably have gotten in line and forgotten about it or fallen asleep (I'm guilty of this). I woke up around 2am est and was finally in the room and moved my computer to plug in a mouse and the computer stopped charging and it died :( FAIL!!!!! So I'm back in line and sleeping until I get back in which looks like it could be quite a while!

Many may be clones because when I am fortunate enough to get in, I notice it is always the same people in there. ;) I never stay in for more than 45 minutes.....I want to give others a chance. And to be honest, my computer is slow and I usually dont make more than 1000 credits in that 45 minutes. (pathetic)