Keep Getting One Item from Pods

VMK_Schweetz

Game Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Designer
MyVMK Staff
I think if i participated id rather have been given nothing than a disappointing pod. If rare-ish prizes have been given out for participating in most, if not all of the old contests then people will assume that it is the same for the upcoming ones too. A pod takes literally 1 minute of standing in the fantasyland courtyard to achieve and some of these people may have put hours of work into what they designed. I just think may be you could have given participants a houdini or another experiment that is of that rarity, would that really have been too much to give?
I do not want to come off as sounding rude here. This is just to get everyone to see this situation from our perspective a little bit. The contest was created with the intention for it to be both fun and give some players a chance to have their creations made into an in-game item. It was also a way to incorporate both the forums and the game by creating the Experiment Pod event for everyone to enjoy.

It seems that since we had the idea of giving out in-game prizes on forums contests that it is just something that is expected that we should do constantly and that is not at all what we wanted from the idea. The idea was just something nice we wanted to do to incorporate both the game and the forums and give the forums a little more traffic and love. Just because it was done for some competitions, it does not by any means, mean that there will always be an exclusive prize to go with it.

The participants of this competition were awarded forums medals as well as an Experiment Pod. The winners were awarded their in-game made creations, respectable forums medals, and an experiment pod.

I hope that this post shows what we as a staff see when this sort of thing happens and hope that we can give better communication on this sort of thing in the future.

Okay so, im not one to start drama, but I am included in the group of people that remembered the contest stating that there will be an in-game participation prize. I also remembered that I took a picture of the thread and sent it to one of my friends to inform them of the contest. After some significant digging, I managed to find the pic:
cousinpic.png

I had to crop the left hand side of the picture so it could fit on forums, but here it is. In the pic, you will notice that it says the following: Each participant will receive an ingame participation prize. I am sorry that it is hard to see, bc i was mainly trying to get the top info, but in this image i circled where it said "ingame":

cousinpic2.png

Also, in this pic, you can see that the post was not edited, whereas the current post looks like this:

cousinedit.png

In this image, the thread was edited on the day the contest ended. This leads me to assume that during some time in between this, they decided to no longer have an ingame prize, which was presently contradicted with the announcement of all participants receiving a pod. On a final note, in the current image, you can see that receive is spelled as "recive." This leads me to assume that the edit to the thread was indeed in that segment of the thread, because it is spelled as "receive" in my picture. Again, i am not trying to start drama, nor am i trying to get my account banned, I am just trying to state the facts based solely around the images that I have in my possession.

As the person who received that picture from Hopper, I can corraborate that story. I actually only submitted one with the intention of recieving the ingame prize. This is by no means to bash the fact that we did not recieve one, however, even if it was just a typo, some notification would be nice. Or if it was decided that there wasnt the manpower to do an exclusive item, or whatever it may have been, just out and out stating it would have been best. Situations like these can be avoided when honesty is valued as the best policy. Im not meaning to come off rude, and I dont mean to offened anyone. But im just giving my two cents for the sake of not always having these arguments. I have thourghly enjoyed hunting pods, and I am happy I recieved the forums medal. Overall this has been an enjoyable time for me. Im not angry, I just wanted to add in. :2cents:

Hi there @xCharlottex & @meggo :]
I just wanted to share with you the direct quotes from the original Contest thread as well as the winners thread.

I know that in the past prizes have been rare, but it was never mentioned there would be an in-game prize for this contest. The pod in-game prize I believe was added after the fact as an extra "thanks for participating". The top 3 winners got their experiments made into in-game furniture that you can win via the pods. We understand that you guys look forward to exclusive rare prizes for participating in forums contests, but is it not always guaranteed that there will be that kind of prize for these contests.
After reading the direct quotes and looking at my medals, it turns out that I misunderstood what was said from the original contest thread. When I first read "To all those who participated you will receive ....
,"
I took the "..." as we have to wait for it to be announced. I didn't know the pins at the end of each statement were medals so I apologize.

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
Okay so, im not one to start drama, but I am included in the group of people that remembered the contest stating that there will be an in-game participation prize. I also remembered that I took a picture of the thread and sent it to one of my friends to inform them of the contest. After some significant digging, I managed to find the pic:
View attachment 10610

I had to crop the left hand side of the picture so it could fit on forums, but here it is. In the pic, you will notice that it says the following: Each participant will receive an ingame participation prize. I am sorry that it is hard to see, bc i was mainly trying to get the top info, but in this image i circled where it said "ingame":

View attachment 10611

Also, in this pic, you can see that the post was not edited, whereas the current post looks like this:

View attachment 10612

In this image, the thread was edited on the day the contest ended. This leads me to assume that during some time in between this, they decided to no longer have an ingame prize, which was presently contradicted with the announcement of all participants receiving a pod. On a final note, in the current image, you can see that receive is spelled as "recive." This leads me to assume that the edit to the thread was indeed in that segment of the thread, because it is spelled as "receive" in my picture. Again, i am not trying to start drama, nor am i trying to get my account banned, I am just trying to state the facts based solely around the images that I have in my possession.
As the person who received that picture from Hopper, I can corraborate that story. I actually only submitted one with the intention of recieving the ingame prize. This is by no means to bash the fact that we did not recieve one, however, even if it was just a typo, some notification would be nice. Or if it was decided that there wasnt the manpower to do an exclusive item, or whatever it may have been, just out and out stating it would have been best. Situations like these can be avoided when honesty is valued as the best policy. Im not meaning to come off rude, and I dont mean to offened anyone. But im just giving my two cents for the sake of not always having these arguments. I have thourghly enjoyed hunting pods, and I am happy I recieved the forums medal. Overall this has been an enjoyable time for me. Im not angry, I just wanted to add in. :2cents:
Each person who submitted an entry, was given an ingame prize (pod and/or winning experiments), as well as a forums medal. There were no sneaky intentions, or lies behind removing the word "exclusive", so we apologize for that confusion. This contest was simply made for fun, and to show some creativity! Not expecting to gain rares. We appreciate all feedback, as long as it is respectful!

Each person who submitted an entry, was given an ingame prize (pod and/or winning experiments), as well as a forums medal. There were no sneaky intentions, or lies behind removing the word "exclusive", so we apologize for that confusion. This contest was simply made for fun, and to show some creativity! Not expecting to gain rares. We appreciate all feedback, as long as it is respectful!
XD I wasnt really referring to that, because I am grateful that we did get a prize. :D I was just, more or less, surprised by these claims:

It seems that since we had the idea of giving out in-game prizes on forums contests that it is just something that is expected that we should do constantly and that is not at all what we wanted from the idea.
it was never mentioned there would be an in-game prize for this contest.
It seemed like you guys were blaming the community for the erroneous conclusions about the contest's prizes, and as a part of the community, I was sharing how we had a right to believe that an in-game prize was supposed to be coming

VMK_Rapunzel

@Hopper I never meant to come across like I was blaming you guys. I just wanted to share what was shared via the original postings. :] I'm more than happy that you guys share your thoughts and opinions with us (as long as it's respectful, as HOST_Nala said). I was trying to deescalate a situation before it got blown up by providing information. I apologize if it came across that I was being accusatory. </3 That was never my intention.

I just wanted to share what was shared via the original postings. :]
<3 I love your sig btw, and i dont wanna keep dragging this out. But i dont feel like you guys are seeing what i'm saying. I provided the pic of the cousin thread BEFORE it was edited, where it clearly stated that there was an in-game prize. Then you guys defended what the cousin thread said AFTER it was edited, stating that an in-game prize was never mentioned, even though it clearly was. Again, sorry if this sounds rude, but it can be a bit frustrating when you guys state that there will be an in-game prize, and then not, and then yes

My only issue on this is the in-game participation prize. Me personally, I don't expect to get rare items for every contest and competition. What I don't understand though is (not to sound ungrateful about it), but why did we receive an experiment pod as an in-game prize if at the end of the day its not really a prize if everyone is hunting for the same thing in this community event? Plus, the pods aren't always winners because you have Gantu who takes them first. I always believed that the winners received their own specific prize and those who participate, get their specific prize. Only now those who participated (like myself) received a pod that everyone else can have as well.

Amy

Head Administrator
View attachment 10610

View attachment 10611

View attachment 10612

Nonsense. Utter nonsense.

I came into this knowing nothing about the competition, and I'm not here to say anything about the prizes because frankly that's not my department. But I saw your proof and I immediately had to investigate, if someone edited like that they would need to be reprimanded. As you may or may not know, XenForo stores edit history of all posts. So, the first thought when I saw this was to go and check who edited it. I saw three edits. Here's the screenshot from XenForo:

This is comparing the last version of the post with the first, as you can see, no edits are there (in case you want to see what it looks like when there is an edit, here is something in the post that actually was edited: https://i.imgur.com/LCnBwC6.png).

Now if you think someone couldn't possibly fake it:

Check the last sentence and the date posted. I edited it using inspect element, all I'd have to do is take a picture with my phone and bam as much proof as he provided.

I don't like coming on here to call people out, but it makes me angry when people fake things to try and make us look bad. What's going on with the prize, I don't know, I wasn't involved in that. But I came here to check if someone was covering up a mistake only to discover that the "proof" provided was fake. I'm sorry, that's not okay.

As for the recent post, I know there was a mistake in wording on that. I believe that has been apologised for and I apologise again, and we will be awarding an actual exclusive in-game pin to all who participated to make up for the confusion.

Nonsense. Utter nonsense.

I came into this knowing nothing about the competition, and I'm not here to say anything about the prizes because frankly that's not my department. But I saw your proof and I immediately had to investigate, if someone edited like that they would need to be reprimanded. As you may or may not know, XenForo stores edit history of all posts. So, the first thought when I saw this was to go and check who edited it. I saw three edits. Here's the screenshot from XenForo:

This is comparing the last version of the post with the first, as you can see, no edits are there (in case you want to see what it looks like when there is an edit, here is something in the post that actually was edited: https://i.imgur.com/LCnBwC6.png).

Now if you think someone couldn't possibly fake it:

Check the last sentence and the date posted. I edited it using inspect element, all I'd have to do is take a picture with my phone and bam as much proof as he provided.

I don't like coming on here to call people out, but it makes me angry when people fake things to try and make us look bad. What's going on with the prize, I don't know, I wasn't involved in that. But I came here to check if someone was covering up a mistake only to discover that the "proof" provided was fake. I'm sorry, that's not okay.

As for the recent post, I know there was a mistake in wording on that. I believe that has been apologised for and I apologise again, and we will be awarding an actual exclusive in-game pin to all who participated to make up for the confusion.
Thank you for replying Amy! :D I am sorry that I cannot defend my photo, because I was simply looking back to see what it looked like, but that was the photo I had, so idk how I can explain it, but I'm sorry for dragging you into this. Like I said in my initial post, I was just providing claims based around the photo I had, I was not trying to start a fight

VMK_Schweetz

Game Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Designer
MyVMK Staff
Just an update on this. It has been decided that we will be rewarding all competition participants and winners not only a pin but another item as well. This decision was made with the hopes that you all will see that we do listen to your thoughts and concerns on things! We as a staff will continue to work on getting better at communicating with not only you guys but with ourselves as well.

Again, we are very sorry about the miscommunication and hope that you all enjoy these prizes!